Mavericks @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-15-2022 - Game 7

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It was probably easier than to keep talking about it. The newspapers were disposable.

With the media and other social networks on the internet the wounds are slow to heal.

Was Bob Young the main Republic guy covering back then? I think Coro took over right before the Nash era.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was Bob Young the main Republic guy covering back then? I think Coro took over right before the Nash era.

I mostly followed Paul Coro but yes I remember the name.

AZ Fan

Rookie
Reaction score
I woke up in shock, still can’t believe what I saw…a National embarrassment and total capitulation.
It’ll take years to build team and fan confidence.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
This has gotta be how Dallas fans felt after they won 67 games with Dirk and choked in the first round to Golden State.
It definitely compares some. I remember that feeling and it sucks. As a mavs fan the only team I feared that year was Phoenix and to be fair the suns got royally screwed that year against the Spurs. But obviously we know what happened to Dallas in round 1.

the loss to GS took a long time to get over because all of their weaknesses were exposed by Don Nelson who definitely settled his score with Cuban. eventually it broke up some of that Dallas team. I think for dirk it made him work even harder on making sure they got back, it was just about getting the right group of dudes around him. I think this Phoenix team are very good, and I think if booker learns from this it will make him a tougher player. but it concerns me to hear the things that happened with Ayton. The Dallas media I listen to fear Ayton a lot because the mavs did not have an answer for him. And many were perplexed why ayton wasn’t getting more opportunities. I missed most of the games due to my time difference so I’m not entirely sure what happened. Definitely thought the mavs elevated their play in this series as it went on, but I did not see this coming.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But on the real.

Yall need to buck up. We're gunna win this game. The Mavs can only beat us when we decide throw the ball out of bounds 20 times in a game. We ain't doing it at home in a game 7. I expect this team to come out and play nails.

I don't get why we've sucked so much butt in Dallas this series, it is a mystery, but we're going to find our way again at home and wreck these guys. We're gunna win this hecking series!

Now... am I optimistic about playing a Warriors team that just out rebounded the Grizz by like 80 boards in a single game and has a propensity for injuring anyone who they find inconvenient to play against?

Next time I try to predict a win, remind me to go **** myself.

I will see you all in a few weeks. I gotta take a long sit on the can.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whew boy the takes you guys had about Luka in Games 1 & 2 are just…..sheesh lmao yikes

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure what you watched and when Ayton looked amazing because it sure in hell wasn’t this game!

Get out of your feeling. Not even talking about this game and to say Ayton didn’t look good this year especially when Paul was out for that stretch just ruins your credibility

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. I choose facts that are literally indisputable. Two years in a row, we were THE FAVORITE in our series. Two years in a row we EASILY went up 2-0. And two years in a row we COMPLETELY CHOKED those series away.

THOSE ARE FACTS. Everything thing else is spin.

Yup.

Like you said it’s not even that we went up 2-0 it’s that we easily did it. Then they quit they acted like the work was done. Like they didn’t have to work hard anymore

They went from one of my favorite teams to a team I just hate now. Smug front runners who have done nothing to deserve the attitude they have.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Were there? I thought there were only a handful that were actually knocking him as a player, I guess some of the posts must not have registered with me.
I think more importantly is how incredibly foolish Book looked… and how Luka backed up everything he either said or did, while force-feeding every one of Book’s idiotic words down his throat.
Luka is a certified big-game assassin. And Book has light years still to go before he reaches Luka-level.
My suggestion to Book, as it was after game 5, is to shut the EFF up. Otherwise, keep yapping and get used to being punked!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think more importantly is how incredibly foolish Book looked… and how Luka backed up everything he either said or did, while force-feeding every one of Book’s idiotic words down his throat.
Luka is a certified big-game assassin. And Book has light years still to go before he reaches Luka-level.
My suggestion to Book, as it was after game 5, is to shut the EFF up. Otherwise, keep yapping and get used to being punked!
Yup. Book looks Bush league after that series.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know. Those losses to Houston killed 11 and 12 year old me. In 94 we were up 2-0 returning to Phoenix for Games 3 and 4. In 95 we had a 3-1 lead. Two epic chokes with Jordan retired.

Same I was 12 when we lost to Jordan

And now just think of a whole new era getting introduced to Arizona sports. Kyler and the Cardinals then Booker in the Playoffs

It’s a vicious cycle

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Revenge Tour.

Oy.
“Luka Special…”.
Knocking the ball out of Luka’s hands during dead-ball time…

Luka’s response? “People like to talk then they’re up.”
And then proceeded to DOMINATE and DESTROY Book…
I don’t know if I’ve seen a smack down of that magnitude in the NBA in quite some time…

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin just keeps making it tougher and tougher to remain a Booker fan.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Devin just keeps making it tougher and tougher to remain a Booker fan.

Oh I’m done with him. You got to show me when it counts now. I don’t care about his regular season or if he makes an all star game or MVP talk

He has to show it in the playoffs

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
27 points in the first half. 10 POINTS IN THE SECOND QUARTER. A PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL TEAM PRODUING ONLY 10 POINTS IN A QUARTER!!! Sweet, weepin' gee-a-zuz. Let that steep in the ol' noggin for awhile.

That's all I've got. It would appear that this team, for whatever reason, has no heart. To paraphrase the joker, "This team needs an enema."

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
“Luka Special…”.
Knocking the ball out of Luka’s hands during dead-ball time…

Luka’s response? “People like to talk then they’re up.”
And then proceeded to DOMINATE and DESTROY Book…
I don’t know if I’ve seen a smack down of that magnitude in the NBA in quite some time…
These are some of the greatest things about social media these days... A kid like him with his cockiness/ego is gonna have this pie served for quite some time and hell just have to eat it. Things like this is how a young man hopefully learns to shut his mouth and just play.....or not. Who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr