Matthew Perry dead at 54

OP
OP
Town Drunk

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Pretty young. I know he suffered from addiction. I really enjoyed his guest role on the West Wing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly, nothing about this is really surprising. Addiction is a mother-effer.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They said no drugs were found at the scene. So, it appears this may have been a scenario where past addiction played a role with his heart. Doesn’t matter. He went way too soon. He was a MAJOR reason for friends success and as Chap stated above Studio 60 was excellent. I am happy the Friends reunion happened when it did in retrospect. Friends was a phenomenon. My wife and kids all have watched that show over and over. R.I.P.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
FYI: His Dad is American, and his Mother is Canadian. His Mom, who I know, was the Press Secretary (Head of Communications) to the Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau and the present PM, Justin Trudeau, attended elementary school in Ottawa with Matthew.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No drugs found at the scene and no signs of foul play. He allegedly had played Pickleball for 2 hours in the morning and then sent his assistant on an errand and when he assistant returned Perry was non-responsive.

Really sad. He had been addicted to Vicodin and abused alcohol, but in recent years was clean and sober and helping others rehab from their addictions.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, after the first 2-3 episodes it got really stupid.
Agreed. There was like a three episode arc where somehow Matt and Danny… two guys running SNL negotiated a hostage crisis or something ridiculous like that to get a crew member’s brother back.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard