Matt Barnes slaps coach

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if a lot of people here liked Barnes, not only is he a punk, he really doesn't add much as a player.

ReddBird

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't like Barnes as a player.

I did like how he went around slapping coaches, though. Great approach and follow-through.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's an *****, but he's OUR *****.

I think Artest is insane but if I had to hang with either guy for a day I'd pick Ron over Matt. Barnes is a jerk and the Lakers ought to hand out free T-Shirts with that message emblazoned on them. It would be a great giveaway on Matt Barnes night.

Steve

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
I love matt barnes. Guess I'm the only one, but like Raja he wears his heart on his sleeve and lets emotion get the best of him from time to time. He hit quite a few big shots when he was in a Suns uni.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I love matt barnes. Guess I'm the only one, but like Raja he wears his heart on his sleeve and lets emotion get the best of him from time to time. He hit quite a few big shots when he was in a Suns uni.

...and he missed a lot more.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I liked his scrappiness but man what an inconsistent shot. Makes Frye look like Mr. Dependable.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I really liked Barnes for his first couple of months as a Sun, but after that I got really tired of his act. By the end of the season, I hated seeing him on the floor. It looks like the Magic had a similar experience.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's a dirty player who doesn't understand his limitations. He thinks he's a good ball handler and playmaker, but he really isn't.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
Rather than Raja, Barnes reminds me more of Q-Richardson. He was volume shooter who only hit 34.3% for three and just 42.3% overall. Raja was a quality three point shooter, but Barnes was too much like Q - not very accurate and shot too much when defensed.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
From the article, it was more like a love tap than a slap ... I thought I'd see the coaches head turn or something :)

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Lakers will waive him. He's not good enough for the risk, and they already have enough difficult personalities on their roster.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barnes has always been a bit of a hothead, both at UCLA and when he was with the Warriors earlier in his career his temper really cost him playing time.

Hopefully getting arrested will finally wake him up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose