Matrix Goes Off About Not Winning a Title w/ PHX

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how Shawn talked. It's about how he played.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how Shawn talked. It's about how he played.
What? What does one have to do with the other? I was just making an observation about how different he sounds compared to then?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
That would of brought KG to Phoenix and Amare would of been delt for Steph Curry right?

Good lord could you imagine

It was Marion to Boston but he wouldn’t sign an extension there so the deal was off. It was the best thing that could’ve happened to Boston because they ended up having a bad enough pick to trade for Ray Allen then the big-3 happened.

In hindsight you trade Amare for KG after the 05’ playoffs which at the time would’ve looked unforgivable.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boohoo. I thought this was a 'business?' Why do owners do this? Also looking at Bidwill and Anquan here...
That's why I referred to him as small minded. Jerry C would have found a way to make peace by now, maybe Sarver (should he survive the investigation) will wise up and follow JC's example?

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
My goodness. Shawn is a lot more . . . errr . . . eloquent than he was when here as a player. He could hardly talk then. Anyone remember how painful interviews were with him. His speech was unintelligible. We commented about it here often. The difference is so stark that I almost wonder if it really him on this clip.
Knowwhatimsaying?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was Marion to Boston but he wouldn’t sign an extension there so the deal was off. It was the best thing that could’ve happened to Boston because they ended up having a bad enough pick to trade for Ray Allen then the big-3 happened.

In hindsight you trade Amare for KG after the 05’ playoffs which at the time would’ve looked unforgivable.

If I remember right it was Marion to Minnesota and he wasn’t going to sign in Minny.

KG let it be known he wanted out and when they couldn’t send him to Phoenix they sent him to Boston

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If I remember right it was Marion to Minnesota and he wasn’t going to sign in Minny.

KG let it be known he wanted out and when they couldn’t send him to Phoenix they sent him to Boston

It’s impossible to verify a trade a didn’t happen but there was a lot of chatter about it back then.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Marion refused a trade that would have put us in great shape for a championship, Stoudemire demanded a trade putting an end to those championship hopes. So I suspect when they make the movie it will be called The Small-Minded Emperor Strikes Back.

I don't recall Stoudemire demanding a trade. He was a free agent and was going to sign in New York, we facilitated it a bit via a sign and trade but he was gone regardless because we were not willing to give him a 5 year deal, our training staff said his knees wouldn't hold up another 5 years.

I don't really blame either party for the break up.

I do blame Sarver for the idiotic signings made in an effort to replace him though. The rebuild should have begun the moment Amare left, in 2010 we could have landed a huge haul for Nash, Richardson and Hill, even Channing Frye would probably have yielded a solid return.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't recall Stoudemire demanding a trade. He was a free agent and was going to sign in New York, we facilitated it a bit via a sign and trade but he was gone regardless because we were not willing to give him a 5 year deal, our training staff said his knees wouldn't hold up another 5 years.

I don't really blame either party for the break up.

I do blame Sarver for the idiotic signings made in an effort to replace him though. The rebuild should have begun the moment Amare left, in 2010 we could have landed a huge haul for Nash, Richardson and Hill, even Channing Frye would probably have yielded a solid return.
Oh you're right, he didn't demand a trade, he demanded an exit (so to speak).

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh you're right, he didn't demand a trade, he demanded an exit (so to speak).

I believe that he stated before and after that he would have stayed here if the money had been equal, but we were not willing to guarantee the length of the contract. Again, I think both sides handled it fair.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that he stated before and after that he would have stayed here if the money had been equal, but we were not willing to guarantee the length of the contract. Again, I think both sides handled it fair.
Sure but Marion handled it fairly too. He had the contractural right to decline a trade and he did what was best for him. My point was that Sarver might be holding a grudge against each of them for doing what each of them felt was best for themselves.