Marquis Flowers to Arizona

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
#1 Player in the state of Arizona picks the Cats at the Army All-American game. Great get for Stoops.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
He's been committed for awhile now, the Army game just pressures it's players to commit on the air to boost ratings. Either way, nice job by Stoops. Arizona has to take advantage in-state while ASU is in the toilet and USC is leaderless. The state's 2011 football class might be the best ever.

HooverDam

Reaction score
We'll see, evaluating AZ prospects is extremely difficult due to the low level of play locally.

While that may be true of the middle tier guys I think with Flowers he's a pretty sure thing. How many AZ kids in the last few years ranked as highly as him haven't turned out (who have played at least through their JR year so far)? I don't know the answer, Id have to do some research but Id bet its not too many.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Good day for Arizona football. Flowers commits and Tuberville's imminent hiring at Texas Tech means Dykes is most likely staying our OC next season.

:thumbup:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
While that may be true of the middle tier guys I think with Flowers he's a pretty sure thing. How many AZ kids in the last few years ranked as highly as him haven't turned out (who have played at least through their JR year so far)? I don't know the answer, Id have to do some research but Id bet its not too many.
There's still time but Gerrell Robinson was a similarly ranked prospect is nearing bust status. Griffen and O'Dowd have been good players at USC.

OP
OP
General Chaos

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
From the practice reports this week it sounded like Flowers impressed a lot of people. You never know how good guys are going to be, but when basically every Pac-10 school offers a kid, you know he's pretty good. Adam Hall, Robert Golden and Flowers are three of the biggest recruits Arizona has had the last few years and all play safety. Should be interesting to see how that sorts itself out.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
From the practice reports this week it sounded like Flowers impressed a lot of people. You never know how good guys are going to be, but when basically every Pac-10 school offers a kid, you know he's pretty good. Adam Hall, Robert Golden and Flowers are three of the biggest recruits Arizona has had the last few years and all play safety. Should be interesting to see how that sorts itself out.

I would imagine Golden would be moved back to CB, Hall would take his S spot and Flowers may redshirt or if he's really that good would start at the other S spot. Add in Trevin Wade and the UA secondary looks scary.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G Rob looked AWFUL at the Army game. Flowers was much, much better. I think it's a good indicator. G Rob is stiff, stiff, stiff.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard