Marquez-Pacquiao III

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Close fight but I agree with the decision. Emmanuel Steward said it best tonight, "you want the title, you have to take the title". Marquez's corner did him a diservice telling him he was winning the fight, I assume they tried to use it as a motivational tool but it only made Marquez back off instead of taking the fight to Manny in the last couple of rounds. Never let the judges decide a fight for you, especially when you are fighting a Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather Jr.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Even as a Marquez supporter, I agree with that viewpoint. Seemed like Marquez let his foot off the gas (thanks to his corner) around the 9th round, placing the fight in the judge's hands. In such a close fight, typically that goes towards the champ.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
I thought Pacquiao won but also thought it very well could have ended up a draw. It was the best fight I've seen in a while though going in I expected more action based on the first two fights.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thoughts?

Mayweather would handle Pacman easily after watching that.

How about a conspiracy theory? Maybe Manny toned it down a little to make Floyd think, "Damn, this guy almost beat Manny & I dominated him last year". Maybe this finally gets Floyd into the ring as he may feel Manny is finally slowing down.

I think it would be a difficult fight for Manny because Floyd's defense is top notch while Manny's power has had his opponents on the defensive and hasn't had to deal with counter punchers until last night.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
How about a conspiracy theory? Maybe Manny toned it down a little to make Floyd think, "Damn, this guy almost beat Manny & I dominated him last year". Maybe this finally gets Floyd into the ring as he may feel Manny is finally slowing down.

I think it would be a difficult fight for Manny because Floyd's defense is top notch while Manny's power has had his opponents on the defensive and hasn't had to deal with counter punchers until last night.

During the 24/7 all the talk in the Pacquiao camp was about how aggressive he was and how great of a camp they had. I wonder if he peaked too early in the week.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn