Markov Traded

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is precisely why no one cares about the Coyotes. They trade off every decent player they have.

Screw the Cardinals, the true joke of an organization is the Coyotes.

Les

Rookie
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alan
Nash acquired in a separate trade.

This is really disheartening. I, for one, have never liked Tyson Nash. I always thought he was a punk with an attitude. Today's paper (the Trib) said that he is known as an "antagonist" in the league - well that would be great, if he didn't have such a crappy attitude to boot.....

coyotecard

Reaction score
Active in the draft?

I dont think the Coyotes were that productive in the draft. Changing out a few players and picking up a controversial nobody may be active but not productive. Could have re-signed May but picked up Numb Nuts Nash instead. Brilliant.
Maybe the new uniforms will be an attraction because right now the "yotes" are damn near un-marketable and they sure arent competitive. Gretzky on ice is the best. In the front office------maybe not so great.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Active in the draft?

Originally posted by coyotecard
I dont think the Coyotes were that productive in the draft. Changing out a few players and picking up a controversial nobody may be active but not productive. Could have re-signed May but picked up Numb Nuts Nash instead. Brilliant.
Maybe the new uniforms will be an attraction because right now the "yotes" are damn near un-marketable and they sure arent competitive. Gretzky on ice is the best. In the front office------maybe not so great.

Precisely. This is a team without identity.

You could say they were going to be a gritty blue line team...but then they traded Markov.

You could say they were going to be a scoring team...but then they traded away Tkachuk, Roenick, and Amonte.

You could say they were going to be a young team...but then they trade away their draft picks for underperformers.

They should have let this team go to Portland and be done with them.

Audrey19

Hockey Addict
Reaction score
I guess Markov was traded because of a contract dispute. I liked his attitude about it being his job to play and help the team.

Tyson Nash played Juniors with Shane Doan. So I might be biased in liking him. :)

Les

Rookie
Reaction score
Originally posted by Audrey19
Tyson Nash played Juniors with Shane Doan. So I might be biased in liking him. :)

LOL :p I knew you were going to say that Audrey. I still stick by my original opinion though - Nash is a whiner. If Doaner acted like that, then I would have the same opinion of him too - thankfully he doesn't. At least their time together in the juniors didn't taint Doan ;)

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
I get the feeling that the Coyotes organization is playing "rotisserie/fantasy" hockey with their lineup.

Kind of like what Bob Whitsett did to the Portland TrailBlazers.

I sure hope the players don't start looking over their shoulders every time something goes wrong.

BTW, nice draft.

coyotecard

Reaction score
Re: Nash

Doan(alias Alberta Pig Farmer) is head and shoulders above Nash.
Nash will not help this team on or off the ice---no matter who he played juniors with.

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
I wasn't real upset at the Markov trade. I liked the intensity that Markov brought, but he played with wreckless abandon. He's never played a full season, and probably never will. He hits the puck hard from the blueline, but couldn't hit the broad side of barn. I still think the main reason why many fans here in Phoenix think the world of Markov, is because he took one that shattered his face, and continued to skate the next shift.Dude's got tons of heart, but I just don't think he's that good.

I'm also OK with the Nash pick-up. It's not like we gave much up for him. Sure, he's a punk, but he's the guy opposing teams love to hate. He get under your skin until you slash him. He will up the PP's opps for the Coyotes this year. Just my opinion.

Audrey19

Hockey Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Les
LOL :p I knew you were going to say that Audrey. I still stick by my original opinion though - Nash is a whiner. If Doaner acted like that, then I would have the same opinion of him too - thankfully he doesn't. At least their time together in the juniors didn't taint Doan ;)

Not only teammates, but roommates as well. :)

Nasher is on the bottom left.
http://www.shanedoan.com/0229.jpg

Audrey19

Hockey Addict
Reaction score
Getting rid of Markov wasn't so bad

By AL STRACHAN -- Toronto Sun

NASHVILLE -- Former Maple Leafs defenceman Danny Markov was shipped from the Phoenix Coyotes to the Carolina Hurricanes on Saturday morning.

Later that afternoon, the teams learned that Markov said he is not coming back to the National Hockey League.

He claims he has signed with a team in Russia.

The full trade was Markov and a 2004 fourth-round draft pick for
defencemen David Tanabe and Igor Knyazev.

Without Markov, it's a one-sided trade, but Carolina general manager Jim Rutherford is of the opinion that Markov's announcement is merely a bargaining ploy on the player's part.

Markov is a restricted free agent and wants $3.2 million US a
season, which is precisely why the cash-strapped Coyotes shipped him out.

But even if he has signed a deal in Russia, those contracts
invariably include a clause allowing him to leave for NHL employment.

And if money is the issue, he won't be getting even a quarter of an NHL salary in that league.

Furthermore, sources say that although Markov insists he is not
coming back, he has applied for a green card, allowing him to work in the U.S.

Audrey19

Hockey Addict
Reaction score
Nasher interview

By: Damon Markiewicz

QUESTION - How emotional of a day has it been for you knowing you are leaving one organization to be part of the Coyotes?

NASH - It has been a busy day for sure. I have never been part of a trade in my short career and that is including junior hockey. It has been a different experience for me, but it is exciting. I have been in St. Louis for five years and it has become my home so it is tough to leave, but at the same time I am excited to join the Phoenix Coyotes. I know the Coyotes organization is first-class and I think this is a great opportunity for me.

QUESTION - How excited are you to be reunited with good-friend Shane Doan?
NASH - We lived together for four years while we were playing junior hockey for Kamloops. We played on the same line together and we have remained good friends over the years. I am really excited to be with Shane again.

QUESTION - Have you had a chance to talk with Shane Doan as of yet?
NASH - Shane was the first person to call me this afternoon. I
couldn't be happier to be on the same team with Shane again. He is really a great guy and our wives know each other very well, so I couldn't be happier. It is always nice to be able to know someone you feel comfortable with when joining a new team.

QUESTION - What style of hockey are you going to bring to the Coyotes?
NASH - I am not going to change my game at all. I am not the
prettiest player to watch, but I will bring a lot of hard work. I try
and grind it out and win battles along the boards. I want to do
whatever it takes to help win hockey games. My style of play can get under the skin of the opposition, but that is what I need to do to be successful.

coyotecard

Reaction score
Nash comments

Audrey: I dont want to make something of nothing. On the face of it and considering the comments by Nash I will reserve my judgement and watch his performance. Let me just say that I havent liked his play in the past. In fact, the way he describes what he wants to do is exactly what Dally Drake did and still does. Nash doesnt do it as well. You know who Nash really is a carbon copy of IMHO? Mathew Barnaby. Cant stand him either. Their type of hockey is just not effective.

coyotecard

Reaction score
no way

Anybody remember Keith Tkachuk at center ice duking it out with Derian Hatcher???That was Hatchers first game after the suspension for the hit on Roenick. Well, Keith is gone and Derian is a FA.
Markov gone could make this a consideration.
Someone tell me it wont happen.

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard