Marcus gets an offer

seesred

Reaction score
Marcus Robinson was offered a contract late yesterday. His agent said that the numbers were not good. Why if this guy can give us instant passing game did we not close the deal yesterday? His agent said they would by pass all other visits and I think there are six or seven if the Cards came up with the right numbers. It's a 1 year deal with a chance for Robinson to show what he has and get the contract he wants next year..

SHOW HIM THE MONEy! NOW!

GBR

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He also hasn't played a full season since 1999.

I also agree that he will be a great addition but don't get upset for not throwing millions at him. They're wise to be cautious.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed B
He also hasn't played a full season since 1999.

I also agree that he will be a great addition but don't get upset for not throwing millions at him. They're wise to be cautious.

Didn't he play in all 16 games last year?

Throw money at him for one year - we have it to spend!!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he played all 16 games last year and had a good start and faded once Miller go hurt.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did this info come from????

Sorry Ed but with the possible upside from this guy and the amount of cap room we have it wouldnt hurt to throw a couple million his way would it?

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by seesred
Marcus Robinson was offered a contract late yesterday. His agent said that the numbers were not good. Why if this guy can give us instant passing game did we not close the deal yesterday? His agent said they would by pass all other visits and I think there are six or seven if the Cards came up with the right numbers. It's a 1 year deal with a chance for Robinson to show what he has and get the contract he wants next year..

SHOW HIM THE MONEy! NOW!

GBR

MR said himself that he is willing to work for a job. He understands that he will only get a 1 yr contract and pretty small.

I think his agent is just shaking the tree to see if anymore money falls. He does get paid by commission you know. He could have a car payment comming up or something.

OP
OP
seesred

seesred

Reaction score
Buy him a darn car...Find out what he wants a negotiate thats all I'm saying. He says he wants to play here, take him out and keep him in town till a deal is done. He is a known WR if he is healthy and at 28 he is better than any drafted player because we know what he can do at the pro level.

GBR

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buy him a darn car...Find out what he wants a negotiate thats all I'm saying. He says he wants to play here, take him out and keep him in town till a deal is done. He is a known WR if he is healthy and at 28 he is better than any drafted player because we know what he can do at the pro level.

GBR

I second that

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's called negotiations

I really doubt the agent would take the first offer when they have all the leverage.

The Cardinals are desperate for a WR and Robinson will have bidders for his services. The agent is just doing his job.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Onceagain where did this info come from?

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly agree that we should sign him. I just don't think any reasonable team would be expected to say "yes" to whatever his agent's first offer is.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Marcus Robinson was offered a contract late yesterday. His agent said that the numbers were not good.
Source?

OP
OP
seesred

seesred

Reaction score
The Info came from inside Cards office. I'm 100% sure of it's acuracy. I don't know how much was offered.

GBR

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Info came from inside Cards office. I'm 100% sure of it's acuracy. I don't know how much was offered.

GBR

Do you have mole in the Card's office? Dude...

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Moooooooole.

Moley, moley, moley

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by SweetD

Moooooooole.

Moley, moley, moley

I always wondered what Jim O would look like with hair...

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This Becomes an Official SeesRed Credibility Check Thread

Do you have mole in the Card's office? Dude...
If SeesRed has a credible inside source, the information will be verified in time and he will become "Da Man."

If the info turns out to be incorrect, he will become "Da Mutt" and we'll know not to believe him in the future.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
WHAT? This is "I heard it from a friend who heard it from his neightbors uncle's sisters boyfriend who cleans the toilets at Cardinals HQ"?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very interesting. I guess I would have been looking for a 2-3 year deal for him given the potential (not a 1 year deal). I know he has alot to prove but I think the Cards, assuming they are happy with his physical, should operate under the assumption he will produce very well next year and garner more money. Thus, let's get him locked up for that 2-3 years I mentioned at this depressed rate and hopefully have a solid WR for the next few years.

It is good to be cautious but at some point, this team needs to take risks (educated ones for sure). One year deal and he goes out and blows it up and plays great and then the Cards will find themselves in a bidding war for a player whom they could have had for cheaper.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not understand why owners will only give 1 year contracts in todays NFL. If the player does not work out then you cut him. I know the signing bonus has some to do with it. If that is the case give him a deal the gives him more money in the first year instead of a signing bonus and less money later so both sides are happy and it does not hurt the cap later if he does not work out.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Now Now don't say that the Cards will not offer a contact that is not the same amount each year..

OP
OP
seesred

seesred

Reaction score
Jeff and allothers.

I've been on this board and the last board for a long time. There are very few times I give away what I know. Most of it turns out to be right on, not all,

The fact remains on this one that the Cards did in fact as I understand it make an offer for the services of Marcus Robinson. The fact that he is going to Oakland and thento San Fran according to his agent is that theoffer was not in line with thier thinking. He only wants a 1 year deal simply because he can get a lot more next year if he has the year he thinks he is cappable of.

What it will be will be. But my Mole is the sweetest mole of all.

GBR

Jim O

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
I always wondered what Jim O would look like with hair...

For what it is worth, I am not the mole.

By the way, did you really have to post that nasty picture of Fred Savage?

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Originally posted by SweetD

Moooooooole.

Moley, moley, moley

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE

ChiCard

Registered
Reaction score
Let's not even intimate Jimmy O could be a "mole". Wouldn't want to jeapordize the guy's job. Jeezzz. That's not even funny.