Marco Wilson waived

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Trey McBride???

Also, it can be argued this staff got Clark and Williams to show more than many of us were expecting...You can probably throw Stills into that conversation, too.

I think they have done a fair to good job coaching up most of the guys they picked to be here, especially the ones where others had zero expectations.

The proof will really come in the next 2 years as they add more pieces, to see if the team becomes more cohesive.

Last thing I'll say, is that the majority of the guys released can't say they weren't given every opportunity to make some sort of an impact this year and show they belong.

Shh you aren’t meant to derail the anti new regime argument

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Feels like a Wilkes purge, toward the end of the year, but nothing like what whisenhunt purged after winning with Denny green drafted talent.
don’t know if Gannons the answer, many are going to play elsewhere, he want some different skill set, or just personality?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought they might wait until end of year but not surprising. He's been regressing and a change of scenery is probably best for him.

Signals to the rest of the locker room that nobody is untouchable if they don't perform. Even if you were the starter going into the season.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought they might wait until end of year but not surprising. He's been regressing and a change of scenery is probably best for him.

Signals to the rest of the locker room that nobody is untouchable if they don't perform. Even if you were the starter going into the season.
Everything is fine till u replace the undeperforming players with better players

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So, 90% of the team will be cut?

• Haha
Reactions: PJ1

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Trey McBride???

Also, it can be argued this staff got Clark and Williams to show more than many of us were expecting...You can probably throw Stills into that conversation, too.

I think they have done a fair to good job coaching up most of the guys they picked to be here, especially the ones where others had zero expectations.

The proof will really come in the next 2 years as they add more pieces, to see if the team becomes more cohesive.

Last thing I'll say, is that the majority of the guys released can't say they weren't given every opportunity to make some sort of an impact this year and show they belong.
I'm attributing that more to Trey, than him being coached up. When you have a receiving corp as talentless as we do, a player with ability such as him are bound to stand out. Couple that with the ONLY example of a feather in the cap for this staff and their "player development", and yeaaaah.....I'm gonna have to give the nod to ol 85 working harder than everyone else this year. I do agree with you Ron in that we'll see what M.O.'s and J.G.'s worth is moving forward now that they can build this team from the ground up in their own image.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Ojulari, Froholdt, McBride & Williams all seemed to move forward. As rough as it seems even Murray has made progress.
Strong disagree on both these. Williams got an early INT and hasn't been tested much since.

BJ Ojulari remains nothing. When he's not actively schemed into a short sack, he's leaning on an offensive tackle and watching the play go by him.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Strong disagree on both these. Williams got an early INT and hasn't been tested much since.

BJ Ojulari remains nothing. When he's not actively schemed into a short sack, he's leaning on an offensive tackle and watching the play go by him.
RE Williams...if teams aren't testing him, ya think that says something about what they see on tape? If all the DBs were bad, why not throw at all of them? Must be something to how he's responding to coaching.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Trey McBride???

I probably give you McBride and Stills. Clark has been benched and Williams hasn't played a ton due to injury Even when Williams has played, I don't know that he has made much of an impact (tough on a bad D for sure).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Agree. I’m hopeful for those two young guys but can’t say I’ve seen growth from either.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’m not even sure the coaching staff deserves credit on McBride considering he was dead and buried on the bench, which is saying something considering Zach Ertz’s rotting corpse was the guy the coaching staff continued to not just play, but seemingly gear the offense toward his amazing 4 and 5 yard catches.

Oujulari had two good games, back to back, and hasn’t been heard from otherwise the entire season.

I could see at least some kind of hopium going for Williams since he’s not targeted but when you have the worst CBs in the league opposite him, not sure why any QB would throw it anywhere else.

Froholdt’s been a nice surprise.

Kyler has looked exactly like he has post the 7-0 start. Mediocre to bad.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BJ and Garrett are both red shirting. Let's not forget that BJ was the youngest player drafted this year and ever by the Cardinals. He missed camp and pre-season due to contract and injuries. I certainly hope with a full off-season he'll be a starter next year. Garrett is coming off a major knee injury and he was projected as a 1st round pick pre-injury.

Both players are being eased in and we'll see if it pays off next season.

They both get incomplete grades this year to me, but expectations will be high next year.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I agree with the second part. The first part, not so much.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BJ and Garrett are both red shirting. Let's not forget that BJ was the youngest player drafted this year and ever by the Cardinals. He missed camp and pre-season due to contract and injuries. I certainly hope with a full off-season he'll be a starter next year. Garrett is coming off a major knee injury and he was projected as a 1st round pick pre-injury.

Both players are being eased in and we'll see if it pays off next season.

They both get incomplete grades this year to me, but expectations will be high next year.
incomplete is fair, but depending on either one as starters next year worries me the same way we were depending on Myjai Sanders and Cam Thomas to improve on what a lot of posters deemed "promising" rookie seasons.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am literally giving a pass to the entire rookie class. I didn't expect much from them, given the talent they'd be playing alongside. MY issue is with the entire roster who was here when this regime took over. What established player flourished under this bright new horizon? Budda is Budda, Jalen is Jalen, but what about cats like Cam, Gardeck, Zaven, Mr. "pew pew" himself, Rondale Moore? Kyzir White was arguably the heart and soul of the front 7 until he went down, and we had no one to fill his absence. I can't even go there with the K'Von Wallace debacle. I know we need to clean house, but will that come at the expense of the rookie class? The young bucks BETTER be able to step into an increased, contributory role on this team being that they were all hand-chosen by Monti and Gannon, or else this entire season will have been a fail of epic proportions.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I agree with the second part. The first part, not so much.

Gannon's inability to vary the quality of his coachspeak must drive the beat writers crazy.

I am literally giving a pass to the entire rookie class. I didn't expect much from them, given the talent they'd be playing alongside. MY issue is with the entire roster who was here when this regime took over. What established player flourished under this bright new horizon? Budda is Budda, Jalen is Jalen, but what about cats like Cam, Gardeck, Zaven, Mr. "pew pew" himself, Rondale Moore? Kyzir White was arguably the heart and soul of the front 7 until he went down, and we had no one to fill his absence. I can't even go there with the K'Von Wallace debacle. I know we need to clean house, but will that come at the expense of the rookie class? The young bucks BETTER be able to step into an increased, contributory role on this team being that they were all hand-chosen by Monti and Gannon, or else this entire season will have been a fail of epic proportions.

Couldn't even find someone better than Antonio Hamilton. Tough look.

Only piece on the defense that Monti brought in through free agency that you'd feel back about leaving is White. That's wild considering how many open roles there have been this year. Literally no one better than Leki Fotu.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
incomplete is fair, but depending on either one as starters next year worries me the same way we were depending on Myjai Sanders and Cam Thomas to improve on what a lot of posters deemed "promising" rookie seasons.
While I agree with worrying about the starter part, which is why I said I hope, they are different players than Sanders and Thomas. Both BJ and Garrett were 1st round projections prior to injuries and aren't going to have new staffs coming in in the off season, so they get to stay in their current systems and grow on what they have started. I have may more hope for these two than I ever did for Sanders or Thomas.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gannon's inability to vary the quality of his coachspeak must drive the beat writers crazy.

Couldn't even find someone better than Antonio Hamilton. Tough look.

Only piece on the defense that Monti brought in through free agency that you'd feel back about leaving is White. That's wild considering how many open roles there have been this year. Literally no one better than Leki Fotu.
Facts K! Head shrugging roster moves aplenty. Someone said it best on this board that we are no closer to identifying the direction of this team than we were at the start of training camp.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard