Manchester Utd | Team to sign Mexican striker, Javier Hernandez

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Sir Alex Ferguson told the club's official website: "I am delighted to reach agreement with Chivas to bring such an exciting young striker, who has been in such prolific form for both his club and his country.

"He will be a great addition to our squad and we look forward to welcoming our first Mexican player in the summer. We are equally excited to play our first game in Mexico, opening the magnificent new Chivas Stadium in July."

Chicharito, or "Little Pea", as he is known, has scored four goals in his first four games for Mexico.

link

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Love the player, dislike the team :(

If he cant crack the line up, hopefully they loan him out and this doesnt turn into Vela v2

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Im sure its not a money issue, they did get 80m Euros from the Ronaldo deal. It is strange to see them going after players who are unproven in Europe. Hernandez has 25 goals in his past 26 games for Chivas, 4 goals in 4 appearances for national team. It'll be a big jump from Mexican league to EPL though

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was reported on Friday morning that United have turned down the chance to sign Valencia striker David Villa for £40 million due to financial restrictions imposed by the Glazer family.

However, Soccernet has been informed that Ferguson personally decided against the deal some time ago as he believes Villa, 28, is overpriced given his age.

Ferguson admitted he was not intending to sign Hernandez quite so quickly. However, he had been forced into action by the 21-year-old muscling his way into the Mexican national squad, where he has scored four times already, and put himself in line for a place at the World Cup.

"We got some background knowledge about the boy last October and we had more good reports in December," he said. "The feeling was to wait because he was young.

"But then he got into the national team, which created a problem for us because if he went to the World Cup and did well, there would be a danger of losing him."

link

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Rooney aggravated his groin injury today. They still think he'll return in time for the World Cup, but I hope the US is paying attention.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Its a DONE DEAL!
MANCHESTER, England (AP)—Mexico striker Javier Hernandez is joining Manchester United from Chivas after being granted a work permit by the British authorities.

Hernandez, who is set to go to the World Cup with Mexico, is the first Mexican player to join the 18-time English champions.

Having already passed a medical examination and agreed personal terms, convincing Britain’s Home Office to allow him to work here was the last hurdle to be cleared.

Hernandez is officially joining United on July 1, but the 21-year-old forward will be allowed to rest after the World Cup.

His first game for the Red Devils is set to be at former club Chivas on July 30 in a match to open the new 45,000-seat stadium in Guadalajara.

Hernandez is known in Mexico by his nickname “Chicharito,” which translates roughly as “little sweet pea.”

Had a nice header vs Netherlands yesterday:

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

What a f-in BEAST!
Has already scored vs:

Barcelona
Manchester United
Everton
Argentina
France
Netherlands
Spain

One of the worlds best young players :-D

gr000000vy

I scored against Derby
Reaction score
I have been hearing that a long time. Stringing together passes (and giving up easy early goals in World Cups) should be something a coach can address.

- Agreed. We aren't talking about the USA coach in this thread unless I missed something. We were talking about the style of soccer USA plays. Can they string together passes? For sure.. USA plays a more direct-physical game then say a Spain or Brazil because that is the kind of player we have. My point is you play with the players you have and you play using your strength instead of trying to be someone your not...

Chaplin said:
Just learning basic passing schemes and ability to move without the ball is something Americans can't do?

If you think Americans are incapable of such play, that's fine, but mocking and insulting probably isn't the way to express that opinion.

- Again look at what the topic is about. There is no insult or mocking.. We just aren't good enough yet. Watch us play a weak CONCAFF team and we will look amazing. Watch us play a top team and we can't "string simple passes together" because the pressure/speed is much greater...

gr000000vy

I scored against Derby
Reaction score

What a f-in BEAST!
Has already scored vs:

Barcelona
Manchester United
Everton
Argentina
France
Netherlands
Spain

One of the worlds best young players :-D

Agreed... you see his Goal vs Chelsea in the Community Shield? haha I love his spirit and I think a combo of him and Berba may actually be great...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
- Again look at what the topic is about. There is no insult or mocking.. We just aren't good enough yet. Watch us play a weak CONCAFF team and we will look amazing. Watch us play a top team and we can't "string simple passes together" because the pressure/speed is much greater...

What team are you watching? We could be playing a Canadian B League team and we'd still not be able to string passes together. A team like Spain can see the gaps the defense gives and exploit them. The US team can't even recognize gaps when they are there.

It's really just a simple case of not being able to mentally control a game. Any player good enough for the national team should be able to pass. And they should be able to see enough of the field to make the RIGHT pass. Except we don't. Maybe Bradley is too preoccupied getting our woeful strikers the ball so that they can maybe score once every 10 games.

gr000000vy

I scored against Derby
Reaction score
Watch the game where we beat Spain... How did we beat them? We beat them by using our strengths... We were fast and Physical. I can still remember Jozy giving a hip tackle to Puyols and watching him fly off for his goal... we CAN compete... we just can't compete trying to be Brazil is my point...

by saying we can't string passes against the Canadian B team is a bit of a stretch.... I think we out played Slovenia and Algeria with possession.. string passes together etc...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Watch the game where we beat Spain... How did we beat them? We beat them by using our strengths... We were fast and Physical. I can still remember Jozy giving a hip tackle to Puyols and watching him fly off for his goal... we CAN compete... we just can't compete trying to be Brazil is my point...

by saying we can't string passes against the Canadian B team is a bit of a stretch.... I think we out played Slovenia and Algeria with possession.. string passes together etc...

1 good game and 2 average games in 4 years doesn't make us a good team (maybe an exaggeration, but the point remains). I don't blame you for supporting the US team so completely, but the American team is not what it could be, IMO. They need a real coach that can help our guys become good players in the world game, not the MLS game. There is virtually no difference between how the national team plays and how teams play in MLS. And the MLS is a 2nd/3rd tier league in the world. That should tell you something.