Malcom Butler signed

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, aside from TE, is there any position we are weaker at than we were when the season ended?

RB. And I still think that OLB spot opposite CJ. And still CB. As mediocre to below average as Kirkpatrick was, there’s still no one to replace him yet. But that can and likely will happen.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RB, but that is easy to fill in the draft or via a cheap veteran.
Drake was so average and missed somes games that I don't think we're worse without him. I think w can only hey better there. We just don't have any TEs on the roster.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RB. And I still think that OLB spot opposite CJ. And still CB. As mediocre to below average as Kirkpatrick was, there’s still no one to replace him yet. But that can and likely will happen.
Since we are getting CJ, we are stronger than when he season ended! You're right about #2CB! RB to me is still the same.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Upgrade over Kirkpatrick that much is certain at least. Still gotta add one more in FA and draft one early in the draft but as I said on an earlier thread the CB group will likely be no worse than last year (and since they’ll likely have a 1st or 2nd round rookie more upside too) when it’s all said and done.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It makes me feel better. It's better than needing two starting cornerbacks. Or at least I'm hoping Butler can start.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He’s a YEAR older then Pat Peterson. I can’t believe we past on the younger option of Nelson for him.

Does Butler whiff on tackles? Takes plays off? Calls out his teammates if there is a missed assignment? Throws a temper tantrum if he doesn't get his way?

If no, to any of those questions, I will take a 40 yr old Butler (ok, maybe not that old) over Pat Pete any day :)

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
They still need to sign a Dre Kirkpatrick level veteran, if Alford was reliable it wouldn't be as much a concern but there needs to be another veteran for depth and spot starts (at the very least). It would also be nice if the team could truly go BPA in round 1 and not be forced to pick another CB.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They still need to sign a Dre Kirkpatrick level veteran, if Alford was reliable it wouldn't be as much a concern but there needs to be another veteran for depth and spot starts (at the very least). It would also be nice if the team could truly go BPA in round 1 and not be forced to pick another CB.
Ehhh no more 30+ year old CBs please

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Now let's sign Nelson and Fournette and we can have a draft without being forced to take a positional player but best player available(OL, cb, WR, OLB)
Do we even have the $ to sign Nelson? Like other posters on here, HELL NO to Fournette lol (terrible attitude and instant locker room cancer)

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also why do you guys keep saying “hopefully we go BPA & not forced to go CB” like CB couldn’t possibly be BPA(& no I’m not talking about Horn & Surtain)? lol

This is reminiscent of the Wirfs vs Simmons talk