Lue being waived by the Kings

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/750129.html

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]DALLAS - The Kings will buy out the contract of Tyronn Lue on Friday, according to the agent for the recently acquired point guard.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Lue, who was part of the Feb. 16 trade that sent Mike Bibby to Atlanta, will leave the Kings with the expectation and hope of joining a playoff-bound team. Or at the very least, a team without so much competition at his position.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Lue - who was scheduled to earn $3.5 million this season - is one of three Kings point guards with expiring contracts, along with Beno Udrih and Anthony Johnson. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
You must be registered for see images
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Lue, 30, is in his 10th NBA season and is not expected to be with the Kings tonight as they face the Mavericks. His agent, Andy Miller, said he doesn't know yet where Lue is headed next, but the deadline by which he had to be waived to possibly be added to a playoff roster is later today, Miller said.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The terms of the agreement are not known.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"We're looking to have a deal done today," Miller said by phone. "We've obviously started to get the phone calls, but we're not there yet. I just want to get everything finished with Sacramento. I just appreciate that (Kings basketball president) Geoff (Petrie) was willing to work with us under the circumstances."[/FONT]

I know the Suns had interest in Lue as did members of this board, but with Giricek coming on, I doubt they grab him as well. Do you think they should?

Last edited:

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
The Sun should go after him as well. He is a vet PG that has Championship experience. He's also friends with Shaq.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know the Suns had interest in Lue as well as members of this board, but with Giricek coming on, I doubt they grab him as well. Do you think they should?

I think they should because he plays PG but IMO the Suns will be content to sign Giricek and call it good. It seems Barry or Giricek were the targets the Suns were after.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that they will try to sign him for a minimum deal. They will only be on the hook for a couple hundred thousand.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Suns have been looking for a back up PG for Nash desperately. That's why they let Jones go and picked up Banks. They have admitted regret with that move. If there's a viable back up PG on the market that will fit our system, and we can get him for little or no compensation, I bet we would bring him in for a look.

Sunsei

Reaction score
At this point in time, it's an easy decision to try to sign him for the minimum and give him a REAL look. Also, having lots of new players (Johnson, Giricek, Lue) would probably give the team a much needed energy boost.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have been looking for a back up PG for Nash desperately. That's why they let Jones go and picked up Banks. They have admitted regret with that move. If there's a viable back up PG on the market that will fit our system, and we can get him for little or no compensation, I bet we would bring him in for a look.

Huh? How would not letting Jones go have helped the PG situation? He couldn't play guard and was an inconsistent backup at forward.

nowagimp

Reaction score
I'd take lue over giricek. Nash needs to rest some and the suns just slide when he sits. It also takes barbosa off the point position, very good idea as he shoots better from the '2' position. Lue also knows shaq as a player, hope they get it done.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
Pick him up too! We need all the help we can get. The more Marks and Pike gets pushed down the bench, the better.

Bench: Barbs, Diaw, Skinner (He should be playing, WTF happened?), Linton, DJ, Gordon, Lue

That can be a good enough bench if D'Antoni cuts down on everyone's mins (except Amare) and gives others some time to play.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that they will try to sign him for a minimum deal. They will only be on the hook for a couple hundred thousand.

I wish you're right (about Lue) but his name hasn't been thrown around much (if any) about the Suns.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd take lue over giricek. Nash needs to rest some and the suns just slide when he sits. It also takes barbosa off the point position, very good idea as he shoots better from the '2' position. Lue also knows shaq as a player, hope they get it done.

I wouldn't argue the point as I've wanted a backup PG for Nash (it seems like forever) but why no rumors concerning the Suns about Lue. Many NBA watchers expected him to be bought out. Perhaps the Suns know something we don't?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Huh? How would not letting Jones go have helped the PG situation? He couldn't play guard and was an inconsistent backup at forward.

They said they let him go to make room for Banks, who clearly did not work out at PG.

OP
OP
Rab

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
They said they let him go to make room for Banks, who clearly did not work out at PG.
James Jones? He was shipped out for money reasons, not to clear up room for Banks...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting both Giricek and Lue would be fantastic. But probably unrealistic.

It shouldn't cost that much and the need is definitely there. However, I just don't see the Suns picking up a PG that might help them.

:bang:

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I know the Suns had interest in Lue as did members of this board, but with Giricek coming on, I doubt they grab him as well. Do you think they should?

Shee-it, I wanted the Suns to get Lue and Mikki Moore the summer they let Hunter and JoJo go, and was practically laughed out of the forums.

Lue would still be a decent backup, but the Suns ain't going to sign him. He'll likely go to another contender and make them that much deeper while the Suns wallow in trying to figure out their 7man rotation... still

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
I definitely think that Lue would be a much more effective piece than Giricek.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After seeing Pargo torch us again we could really use Lue. We desperately need a guy to guard the quick 1's and 2's that have been lighting us up. Lue can shoot too.

1. Nash, Lue
2. Bell, Barbosa
3. Hill, Giricek
4. Stoudemire, Diaw
5. Shaq, Skinner

Nice ten man rotation although Skinner won't get any time.
Let's go Kerr.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I definitely think that Lue would be a much more effective piece than Giricek.

I can't argue the point because I have advocated for a backup PG for Nash forever. However, the Suns need both Lue and Giricek to cure their perimeter blues.

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
I can't argue the point because I have advocated for a backup PG for Nash forever. However, the Suns need both Lue and Giricek to cure their perimeter blues.

But that's only on offense. Obviously, PJ Brown would've been the most effective signing we could've made. Even if we somehow got both Lue and Giricek, that would do nothing to address our craptastic defense.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Well screw giricek then! Bring lue in, at least we can count on him to hit some shots more often.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
After seeing Pargo torch us again we could really use Lue. We desperately need a guy to guard the quick 1's and 2's that have been lighting us up. Lue can shoot too.

1. Nash, Lue
2. Bell, Barbosa
3. Hill, Giricek
4. Stoudemire, Diaw
5. Shaq, Skinner

Nice ten man rotation although Skinner won't get any time.
Let's go Kerr.

Solid rotation, too bad D'Ant would still only play 7. Skinner gets ZERO PT now that Shaq is here, which is a huge mistake. D'Ant continues to play Amare at center when Shaq is out. Put Skinner at Center and have Boris spell Amare. Skinner can run the floor just fine.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
James Jones? He was shipped out for money reasons, not to clear up room for Banks...
Especially since they were both on the Suns roster the entire season last year....at the same time!

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
screw giricek, lue is a veteran backup and he can give Nash rest. I think thats exactly what we need because once Nash goes out we have no point to run plays and Barbosa would be better without the ball in his hands. Lue can shoot too.

Get Lue. Do it!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson