Lovie Smith to Tampa Bay

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 7m
The Bucs are hiring Lovie Smith to be their new head coach, two sides are finalizing the contract tonight

Good hire form that team. I called that one.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Lovie. Good defensive coach. Took a team with Rex Grossman as QB to the Super Bowl. The man only had 3 losing seasons in Chicago and as we can sympathize, he also went 10-6 and missed the playoffs.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Lovie is the Sucs new HC

I bet he steals his old buddy Marinelli away from the Cowpies too.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
Former Cal coach Jeff Tedford will be Lovie Smith's OC, and Rod Marinelli will be the Bucs' defensive coordinator, ESPN is reporting.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. I thought he got a raw deal in Chicago. Here's hoping he turns the Bucs around. I was at the Bucs/Cardinals game back in September, and I tell you we had bigger crowds at Sun Devil. It was weak. They need a new identity badly.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Former Cal coach Jeff Tedford will be Lovie Smith's OC, and Rod Marinelli will be the Bucs' defensive coordinator, ESPN is reporting.

That sounds solid, well at least on paper. Just like players, you never really know and as we know... the key aspect is how the GM works with them :)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lovie is a good man & a good coach. I fully expect the Buccaneers to be back in the playoff hunt soon. Very good hire.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to Todd Archer of ESPNDallas.com, the Dallas Cowboys would have to approve any move Marinelli wishes to make. He’s under contract with the Cowboys for next season as the team’s defensive line coach. The Cowboys have blocked assistants Joe DeCamillis and Tony Sparano from taking jobs in recent seasons and only are obligated to allow assistants to interview for head coaching jobs.
Lovie may have to turn to Frazier.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lovie knows it's the NFC South and not the Pac-12, right?

*smh*

Guy's a very good coach who's a little too loyal to his friends. Ron English as DB coach is probably the next hire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard