Loved Kyler Murray today

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Kid gets the respect for me to call him the full-on Kyler Murray, finally. I'm pretty amped.

After the win, he's up there giving good responses on the podium, too. I saw him dictate an offense, run it from the bottom up, make dynamic plays, and kick ass.

Not to mention - strong accuracy, a super fast release, and dynamic speed in certain moments. I loved that he said it was a learning moment to put the ball forward on that final run for the first down.

Good going, dude. For the first time in a long time (maybe ever), it's neat to say that QB might just be a pretty bright spot.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kid gets the respect for me to call him the full-on Kyler Murray, finally. I'm pretty amped.

After the win, he's up there giving good responses on the podium, too. I saw him dictate an offense, run it from the bottom up, make dynamic plays, and kick ass.

Not to mention - strong accuracy, a super fast release, and dynamic speed in certain moments. I loved that he said it was a learning moment to put the ball forward on that final run for the first down.

Good going, dude. For the first time in a long time (maybe ever), it's neat to say that QB might just be a pretty bright spot.

that bomb to Byrd was an absolute thing of beauty.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
This win was very good for his confidence. He was laughing about the mistakes he made (like not extending his arm for the first down) in the presser. We can laugh about it know but if that old bald dude from Atlanta hadn’t had a nervous breakdown, Kyler would not be having a good time right now. Also: I will never complain about officiating again

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
He was great today, I had one foot in the door after the first 5 games but now I'm all in on K1. The kid has improved every single game and today he put in a near perfect performance IMO.

Now if only our defense could help take some pressure off of him, that would be great.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Murray already has that cool under pressure swagger. Not forcing passes, live to fight another down, don’t lose the game for your team. Amazing for a rookie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Who are you and what have you done with Solar7?

Hey man, even the most stubborn of us can be convinced if you do it like that. I can slightly cry my eyes out about wishing it was against stronger competition, but nah, he did what I've wanted to see him do - just wholly dominate a team he should dominate. Can't blame him for defensive play.

...The best thing is, I wasn't sweating it when Atlanta tied it. I thought he was gonna get back out there and do it again.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey man, even the most stubborn of us can be convinced if you do it like that. I can slightly cry my eyes out about wishing it was against stronger competition, but nah, he did what I've wanted to see him do - just wholly dominate a team he should dominate. Can't blame him for defensive play.

...The best thing is, I wasn't sweating it when Atlanta tied it. I thought he was gonna get back out there and do it again.
My only nitpick - the number of plays dialed up by Kingsbury in the 2H that had Kyler Murray backing up and throwing off his back foot. Murray's getting away with it, but it scares the bleep out of me when they do it.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
If they don’t screw him up they’ve got something. Of course he has to open to what he needs to learn.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As well as he has been playing you can see there is room for improvement.

He could be really special.

I was skeptical of him when we first got him due to all the posters saying how easy it would be for him. But he has improved each game and keeps learning.

Without him how many games would we have won this year?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My only nitpick - the number of plays dialed up by Kingsbury in the 2H that had Kyler Murray backing up and throwing off his back foot. Murray's getting away with it, but it scares the bleep out of me when they do it.
I actually think it might oddly be a calling card of Murray’s. It might be something that he developed because of his smaller stature and incredibly strong arm. It worried me at the beginning of the season, but really doesn’t anymore bc it hasn’t really gotten him in trouble and he seems to complete a lot of them.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score

100%. This is the game that I turned the corner on Murray. I’m all in on him. Defense still looks like a pile of ish though. Next step is hanging in there with teams that are at least middle of the pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually think it might oddly be a calling card of Murray’s. It might be something that he developed because of his smaller stature and incredibly strong arm. It worried me at the beginning of the season, but really doesn’t anymore bc it hasn’t really gotten him in trouble and he seems to complete a lot of them.
..and let's be honest. Even Mahomes has to move his arm slot and I think enjoys showing it off at times. Kyler has that same kind of quiet confidence in himself it feels like when it comes to his arm..

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm gonna say, the most exciting thing to me is that he is owning the offensive calls and adjustments. It's not like Sean McVay calling everything into a talented but disconnected Goff. And then he's been good at playing some sandlot football, and trusting his legs. He's a little too scared of contact still, but that might just come.

Sorry, I said the most exciting thing... to me, it's coming out there with passion after scores. Smiling. A connection with his coach. Confidence that I didn't see coming. This is really a building moment. The shootout happened, and he won it. First 30 point game sine 2017.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
that bomb to Byrd was an absolute thing of beauty.
he got his right butt cheek & calf down before fumbling, sweet throw & catch. Would like to see them run a few of those deep passes for Isabella because of his speed. Him & Byrd have elite speed though.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm gonna say, the most exciting thing to me is that he is owning the offensive calls and adjustments. It's not like Sean McVay calling everything into a talented but disconnected Goff. And then he's been good at playing some sandlot football, and trusting his legs. He's a little too scared of contact still, but that might just come.

Sorry, I said the most exciting thing... to me, it's coming out there with passion after scores. Smiling. A connection with his coach. Confidence that I didn't see coming. This is really a building moment. The shootout happened, and he won it. First 30 point game sine 2017.
And he's the first QB in NFL history to have 20 completions in his first 6 career games.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Best thing today was him throwing away the ball instead of taking negative plays. It's light years ahead of even just two weeks ago.

Clearly Murray is receptive to criticism. That is huge

The complete opposite of the derelict weasel from Oklahoma who was drafted number one to the Cleveland Browns the season before and spent the entire offseason filming commercials. Kyler Murray is the opposite of Baker Mayfield and that makes me happy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson