Looks like O'Neil is out

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rumor has Miles Simon being told he's not coming back?

And Katz apparently took Lute to task in his insider column. I can't read it but I read a "summary" that says Lute is bashing Chase's game in hopes he won't leave for the NBA. Lute said Bayless made a big mistake. And Lute said the agent Bayless hired will never represent another UA player because he didn't contact the UA staff before Bayless hired him. Not sure I get the last one Lute has no control over what agent a player hires when they hire the agent they're gone from UA?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Yeah, someone in Tucson texted me today saying he heard Miles got canned last night. Good riddance.

And it certainly wasn't Chase bashing. Lute said Chase right now is projected to go in the 20's and most likely wouldn't play right away for one of those teams so it might be wiser for him to stay another year and play with Jennings if he gets poor feedback. Lute obviously wasn't happy with Bayless' choice of agents, Arizona players usually end up with Pelinka from what I recall.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, someone in Tucson texted me today saying he heard Miles got canned last night. Good riddance.

And it certainly wasn't Chase bashing. Lute said Chase right now is projected to go in the 20's and most likely wouldn't play right away for one of those teams so it might be wiser for him to stay another year and play with Jennings if he gets poor feedback. Lute obviously wasn't happy with Bayless' choice of agents, Arizona players usually end up with Pelinka from what I recall.

Why would he not be happy with the choice of agents?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would he not be happy with the choice of agents?

I think most programs have agents they "trust" and they try to encourage their players to use those guys. It's almost like a protection scheme by the mafia if we encourage our players to hire you as an agent, you agree to not tamper with our players and get them ineligible?

So when a player goes outside that and hires someone else it can set off alarm bells to a coach who wants to make sure nobody is trying to Reggie Bush one of his players.

Either that or Lute has stock in Rob Pelinka!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
You ain't seen nothing yet.

Although to be fair, Arizona will have a better staff in place for the last ride of Lute Olson.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard