Looking Forward to 2004 Draft

rusfletcher

Veteran
Reaction score
I can't say I'm not disappointed in the Cards draft this year...actually I'm extremely disappointed.

Well as a Cardinals fan, I'm see myself already looking at the 2004 draft and with the 1st overall pcik the Cardinals select... Vince Wilfork (DT) Miami Hurricanes.

What does everyone else think?

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Wilfork as well. Not going to get my hopes up thought.;)

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
there is another defensive tackle at oklahoma who is a monster too. i think he was only a sophomore last season, but he could be very good as a pro.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by mattyboy
there is another defensive tackle at oklahoma who is a monster too. i think he was only a sophomore last season, but he could be very good as a pro.

Tommie Harris

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
i think by the time the 2004 draft comes we will be in position to grab williams with the number 1 pick overall.:D :thumbup:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by arthurracoon
I cant wait:

just look at my signiture below

It's ELI MANNING Time

nah, you got it all wrong...

:D

Attachments

• pbjt.jpg
    pbjt.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 134

dmoney

Registered
Reaction score
I personally thought we could have done alot better with the trade. No way we should have included our fourth and also not even switched our second. We were in the drivers seat. But I Do like the guys we got. As far as value we reached for the first two but got great value with the third and fourth picks. Evens out but imagine the prospects if we did a fair trade!

I personally think overall as a team we are better talent wise and depth wise than last year. I know that isn't saying much but I think we are a 500 team right now! I think tomorrow we will probably get a steal or two and will pick up a couple of players before the season.

The defensive line still needs to addressed, trade for S Rodgers or hope for we get our guy thats released on June 1st.

WR
Good young talent with a combo of speed and size. Need Robinson to finalize.

RB
Good depth, scobey healthy and now in the mix. Hodkins an upgrade. Still should resign Mak!

QB
Blake is an upgrade....No more bonehead plays from Plummer. McCown with one year under his belt.

OL
Good talent and depth. Center needs an upgrade. Imagine if we got a 1st for Boston we could have used it on Faine. How sweet of a line that would have been!

DL Vandenbosch one year removed from injury, Bryant for the entire year plus Johnson's and Pace's potential. We should have used the Hayes pick on Peterson though. That was real value.

LB
We are set. Are you sure we aren't going to a 3 - 4?

DB Starks healthy, I like Jackson over Lass and we need to pick up a player to get rid of Rhineheart or Hill.

We'll see. This team isn't as terrible as some of you make it out to be!!!!

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Originally posted by dmoney
I personally thought we could have done alot better with the trade. No way we should have included our fourth and also not even switched our second. We were in the drivers seat. But I Do like the guys we got. As far as value we reached for the first two but got great value with the third and fourth picks. Evens out but imagine the prospects if we did a fair trade!

I personally think overall as a team we are better talent wise and depth wise than last year. I know that isn't saying much but I think we are a 500 team right now! I think tomorrow we will probably get a steal or two and will pick up a couple of players before the season.

The defensive line still needs to addressed, trade for S Rodgers or hope for we get our guy thats released on June 1st.

WR
Good young talent with a combo of speed and size. Need Robinson to finalize.

RB
Good depth, scobey healthy and now in the mix. Hodkins an upgrade. Still should resign Mak!

QB
Blake is an upgrade....No more bonehead plays from Plummer. McCown with one year under his belt.

OL
Good talent and depth. Center needs an upgrade. Imagine if we got a 1st for Boston we could have used it on Faine. How sweet of a line that would have been!

DL Vandenbosch one year removed from injury, Bryant for the entire year plus Johnson's and Pace's potential. We should have used the Hayes pick on Peterson though. That was real value.

LB
We are set. Are you sure we aren't going to a 3 - 4?

DB Starks healthy, I like Jackson over Lass and we need to pick up a player to get rid of Rhineheart or Hill.

We'll see. This team isn't as terrible as some of you make it out to be!!!!

The ST is terrible and that makes or breaks games. Who returns kicks? Do we have a good kicker? We need ST if we want to win some games.

dmoney

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by azcardsfan1616
The ST is terrible and that makes or breaks games. Who returns kicks? Do we have a good kicker? We need ST if we want to win some games.

The only Special team player we lost was Jenkins. Gilmore will be healthy and was a good gunner. We picked up Darling who is a stud ST player and surely one of the WR's or RB's can return kicks. Let Bryant do the punt returning. Jackson was terrible all year even before all of the injuries.

Grammatica kickoffs sucked but they say you don't regain full strength in the first year. Well he now has that year. Let him duke it out w/ Dawson. Player is solid. Though he needs to lose that facemask like we all have requested.

Well be fine. I never said we are great but many areas are improving, others are a work in progress. We are due for some surprises from some of the younger players. :D

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Originally posted by Capital Card
You expected us to draft a kicker today???

ST is not just about the kicker. But to answer your question yes i want them to use their 7th rounder on a kicker. I am not impressed my gramatica.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by azcardsfan1616
ST is not just about the kicker. But to answer your question yes i want them to use their 7th rounder on a kicker. I am not impressed my gramatica.

They added 3 players yesterday that could help the special teams.

Johnson and Boldin as return men, and Hayes as a blocker/tackler.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
They added 3 players yesterday that could help the special teams.

Johnson and Boldin as return men, and Hayes as a blocker/tackler.

Neither are good return men. They dont have the explosiveness and quickness needed. Hayes i could agree with but johnson and boldin are a reach but hey it seems like thats been happening all weekend.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard