Looking back at early assessments of BASK + Bowles

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im not bashing. I loved Whiz when he was hired and still think he was a good hire.

BA is a better head coach. To pertend otherwise is just silly.

I never made a proclamation about who was the better HC.

While BA's winning % is better than Whiz's during the regular season it's not during the playoffs. I fully expect BA to continue his success in the playoffs but until we see it then Whiz still has the edge.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never made a proclamation about who was the better HC.

While BA's winning % is better than Whiz's during the regular season it's not during the playoffs. I fully expect BA to continue his success in the playoffs but until we see it then Whiz still has the edge.

i kinda agree.

bottom line for me... after suffering for 20 years, we've had a pretty damn solid run with two good HCs. Think about it, from 1988-2008 we had ONE winning season of 9 games. From 2008, we've been 9-7 (with a Super Bowl), 10-6 (with a playoff W), 5-11, 8-8, 5-11, 10-6 and now 9-1.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i kinda agree.

bottom line for me... after suffering for 20 years, we've had a pretty damn solid run with two good HCs. Think about it, from 1988-2008 we had ONE winning season of 9 games. From 2008, we've been 9-7 (with a Super Bowl), 10-6 (with a playoff W), 5-11, 8-8, 5-11, 10-6 and now 9-1.

I agree. SOC's was the longest run show in the NFL and it takes a lot to change that culture. People simply forget what Whiz had to overcome to produce the positive seasons he did.

SK taking over total control and Graves being removed has made it easier for BA to excel. In NO WAY do I want to take away from BA's awesomeness, but he has had it easier than Whiz did.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
I'm going to add that the denny green hiring was a solid move as well. Sure he turned out to be a bit of a nutcase but at the time of the hire everyone outside of the twin cities thought it was a good move.

I have been telling people for years that this team stopped being the SOC as soon as that vote passed. It just took a few years for the Cards to even get back to average.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'm just glad that I never post anything that's turned out to be wrong and, therefore, bump-able. :D

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm going to add that the denny green hiring was a solid move as well. Sure he turned out to be a bit of a nutcase but at the time of the hire everyone outside of the twin cities thought it was a good move.

I have been telling people for years that this team stopped being the SOC as soon as that vote passed. It just took a few years for the Cards to even get back to average.

his hiring gave us the opportunity to play in the superbowl few years later.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree. SOC's was the longest run show in the NFL and it takes a lot to change that culture. People simply forget what Whiz had to overcome to produce the positive seasons he did.

SK taking over total control and Graves being removed has made it easier for BA to excel. In NO WAY do I want to take away from BA's awesomeness, but he has had it easier than Whiz did.

Agree on all counts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard