Veteran
Reaction score
I go fishing like every weekend, Just wondering who else fishes

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't been fishing in nearly 2 years by boat but I love to fish. Before I started my new job I went fishing 3-4 times just walking the bank casting didn't bother to get the boat because I hadn't been out in so long I knew I'd have to take some time to charge the batteries, get the engine working etc.

I'm in Californa mostly fish with my dad, mostly for striped bass and usually the Delta or San Luis Reservoir. Both spinning reels and fly casting.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, if you know where to find it

300 yards after the fifth cactus and turn left?

I know very little about Tucson. My buddies tried to get me to offroad some trail out there that takes 2-3 days to complete but if you break something halfway through, it takes a lot longer.

Ive done Mt Lemmon once, been to a few bars, thats about it.

I know there is one watering hole, seven springs o r something? Thats all I really know about Tucson.

OP
OP
Kai

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
@BigRedRage there are some community fishing ponds in urban Tucson, and a lot of private ponds near the Santa Catalina Mountains

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rigiht on. I am from the valley. Barely ever went down there. I'm sure there is lots of cool stuff but thats a bummer you dont have big lakes or anything. The verde cuts off here too, do you have rivers or no?

OP
OP
Kai

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
The Santa Cruz river flows, but not much, IDK about fishing there but there are fish there. The Rillito river only flows during the monsoon and the winter

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Santa Cruz river flows, but not much, IDK about fishing there but there are fish there. The Rillito river only flows during the monsoon and the winter

cool, was just curious for an adventure but sounds like it is purely seasonal and I am better off going up the verde than coming down to tucson

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
There is no way out of it. I am not a bad fisherman, but a horrible one. In fact I don't tell people that I went fishing anymore. I just cast about. Went to Lake Mary last weekend with my brothers kayak and spent surprisingly little time on the water....but had my line in while for the couple hours I was on the lake. didn't come close to catching anything though.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no way out of it. I am not a bad fisherman, but a horrible one. In fact I don't tell people that I went fishing anymore. I just cast about. Went to Lake Mary last weekend with my brothers kayak and spent surprisingly little time on the water....but had my line in while for the couple hours I was on the lake. didn't come close to catching anything though.
I just saw lake mary for the first time a few months ago, driving home from payson but decided to drive through flagstaff. Was surprised at the size of the lake but with how big it is, unless it has a natural feed, I wouldnt think it would have a ton of fish in it?

When I went it was still cold (snow on the rim) and SUPER windy. There was no chance you could fish that day. I had my hoddie zipped up and cinched around my head and it was still too windy/cold to stand there long.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
I just saw lake mary for the first time a few months ago, driving home from payson but decided to drive through flagstaff. Was surprised at the size of the lake but with how big it is, unless it has a natural feed, I wouldnt think it would have a ton of fish in it?

When I went it was still cold (snow on the rim) and SUPER windy. There was no chance you could fish that day. I had my hoddie zipped up and cinched around my head and it was still too windy/cold to stand there long.
I was on the lower lake and was talking to someone Friday that said the upper lake is really good for fishing. He didn't k ow about the lower lake.

It was windy when I was there. Too windy. I was being blown to the far shore at a pretty fast pace and it actually starting raining on me bringing an end to the fishing (casting) portion of my trip although the 5 minute shower was all I got.

Still had fun though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was on the lower lake and was talking to someone Friday that said the upper lake is really good for fishing. He didn't k ow about the lower lake.

It was windy when I was there. Too windy. I was being blown to the far shore at a pretty fast pace and it actually starting raining on me bringing an end to the fishing (casting) portion of my trip although the 5 minute shower was all I got.

Still had fun though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

At least you finally took a shower