LJ Shelton Now The Backup LT

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Hopefully Big shows enough to stay there and he starts actually earning his #2 pick money.

Then we have to hope that Shelton makes the adjustment to RT.

I dont know I am confused.

We shall see what happens.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
I know. We are in salary cap hell now. All the hit will be on this year's cap. We screwed the pooch here.

I wish LJ luck. I liked him.

I don't believe he is gone.

There goes our OL depth.

We're screwed man, it all starts up front. Wait until Lex gets word of this...

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
CardShark said:
How long before Shelton is able to return to the starting unit?

Hopefully soon. Big as the starting LT kinda gives me the creeps since he will be eaten alive by elite pass rushers.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Bah!

I could care less what Green does with our offensive line. They were horrendous this last year, and the year before.

My woman shuts my mouth everytime I try to speak about what the Cardinals are doing by reminding me of something I said after we cut Blake.

"There is not a player on this team that deserves to keep their spot based on past performance. They ALL are fighting for thier jobs"

AS much as I think Shelton is good, and a nice guy, I also on the other hand have to remember how bad our team has performed over the last couple of seasons. And I also must remember that McGinnis, also another guy I liked, was a pathetic evaluator of talent.

Shelton SHOULD be our LT? No, not untill he earns that spot. If he is a fat cow right now that can't move then good get him off the field. Put someone in there that can play the position. Cause I am tired of watching crappy team after crappy team. It is time to get things done.

Peace
:thumbup:

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
RugbyMuffin said:
Bah!

I could care less what Green does with our offensive line. They were horrendous this last year, and the year before.

My woman shuts my mouth everytime I try to speak about what the Cardinals are doing by reminding me of something I said after we cut Blake.

"There is not a player on this team that deserves to keep their spot based on past performance. They ALL are fighting for thier jobs"

AS much as I think Shelton is good, and a nice guy, I also on the other hand have to remember how bad our team has performed over the last couple of seasons. And I also must remember that McGinnis, also another guy I liked, was a pathetic evaluator of talent.

Shelton SHOULD be our LT? No, not untill he earns that spot. If he is a fat cow right now that can't move then good get him off the field. Put someone in there that can play the position. Cause I am tired of watching crappy team after crappy team. It is time to get things done.

Peace
Good post.

Reaction score
jkf296 said:
I hope come around November, the coach doesn't trip on the sideline or something & the Denny Green costume falls off and Buddy Ryan is actually underneath. :shrug:

OUCH! That is cruel, dude! LOL! :D

ThunderCard

Reaction score
CardShark said:
Maybe they got it mixed up and Clement was demoted to 2nd string.

I agree that Clement looked like the weakest link last year and Shelton was pretty strong. Even Shipp's 2 100 yard games came of mostly the left side. I have some questions and mabe someone can clarify.

1 Wasn't Big a Left Tackle in college and isn't he left handed ?? This might actually help

2 I hear so many reports on this board that Davis is missing all sort of practise time so why would he get to go up the ladder ?

2A Big's salery is so high that he should be a tackle !

We needed the shake up on the O-Line, but if Green demoted Shelton over Clemente it just does not make sence. Unless he thought Big would only play up to his natural position in college ? maybe there is some way we could move Shelton over to RT.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
ThunderCard said:
2 I hear so many reports on this board that Davis is missing all sort of practise time so why would he get to go up the ladder ?

I dont remember hearing Davis missing any practice time. He just hasnt been here for any of the team weight training program.

And yes he did play LT and is left handed I believe.

ThunderCard

Reaction score
RugbyMuffin said:
Bah!

Peace

ThunderCard

Reaction score
joeshmo said:
I dont remember hearing Davis missing any practice time. He just hasnt been here for any of the team weight training program.

That was always what was wrong with the last coaching staff. The cards go out and draft this guy with the second pick in the first round and they screw with his brain and take him out of his normal position. Big has probably been playing LT since he was in Pop Warner. Not only that they throw him on the wrong side of his strongest arm and hand. He might really start taking off on the left side.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
joeshmo said:

He played LT in college where his QB was a left handed. If he was having a hard time keeping up with the likes of Little, I don't know if he will fare against Rice and Taylor if he starts.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
earthsci said:
As Dennis Green leaves the ESPN Studios he is heard to say...

"You guys watch how much I screw over the Bidwills and the Cardinals before anyone figures out what I'm doing."
Yeah he's going to screw over a 4 win team. The best way to do that would be do nothing.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
How about:

LT: Big
LG: Spikes
C : Kendell
RG: Wells/Clement/somebody decent
RT: Shelton

???

That might be pretty interesting.
I actually like that lineup and think it could work, but the team would have to release Clement in that scenario. No way you pay a back up the kind of money AC makes

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
ThunderCard said:
That was always what was wrong with the last coaching staff. The cards go out and draft this guy with the second pick in the first round and they screw with his brain and take him out of his normal position. Big has probably been playing LT since he was in Pop Warner. Not only that they throw him on the wrong side of his strongest arm and hand. He might really start taking off on the left side.

Actually Leonard started out as a defensive lineman at Texas. He also played defense in High School. I don't think BIG started playing LT full time until he was a JR at UT.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Opening Day Offensive Line:

LT - L. J. Shelton
LG - L. Davis
C - P. Kendall
RG - R Wells ...possibility Spikes could but I doubt it.
RT - A. Clement

Any thing else in the meantime, especially with season start like 3 months away, is nothing but mental masturbation. Much ado about nothing. Rocks rolling around in empty globes. Too much medication....or dual diarrhea of the brain and/or mouth. :trout:

Edited to add: PS....barring injury

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Tangodnzr said:
Opening Day Offensive Line:

LT - L. J. Shelton
LG - L. Davis
C - P. Kendall
RG - R Wells ...possibility Spikes could but I doubt it.
RT - A. Clement

Any thing else in the meantime, especially with season start like 3 months away, is nothing but mental masturbation. Much ado about nothing. Rocks rolling around in empty globes. Too much medication....or dual diarrhea of the brain and/or mouth. :trout:

Edited to add: PS....barring injury

Tango makes sense....seems like we need something to talk about these days, I guess.

Metal Militia

Veteran
Reaction score
Tangodnzr said:
Any thing else in the meantime is nothing but mental masturbation.

OMG. I thought that I had heard it all! That is funny. :thumbup:

Here is my projected opening day starting lineup:

LT: L.J. Shelton
LG: Leonard Davis
C: Pete Kendall
RG: Solomon Page
RT: Anthony Clement

From Jurecki's recent reports, it seems that Page is seriously on the Cardinals radar screen.

I also think that it is unfair to blame L.J. at this point for being out of shape. It is true that right now, he doesn't belong in the starting lineup. However, there is not much you can do to excercise when you had offseason surgery on both an upper extermity (elbow) and a lower extremity (ankle). Now that he has been cleared for practice, he can focus on some conditioning to get that squishy look trimmed down.

I really believe that L.J. will work hard from now until camp. I like his chances. After all, he is the same dude that played the bulk of the season with a broken ankle. He is tough and a great competitor.

It would be interesting to see what Big can do at LT and what L.J. can do at LG. That could be another possibility. :shrug: When the pads go on, the coaches will separate the best players from the rest.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:
Tango makes sense....seems like we need something to talk about these days, I guess.

Exactly!

Erma Bombeck used to say there's two kinds of people when it comes to talking.

1. Those who only talk when the feel they have something worthwhile to say.

or 2....(and she put herself in this catagory)...Those who just start talking, hoping that eventually they will say something worth listening to.

It seems we have an epidemic of #2's these days. ;)

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just to clarify my earlier post.....

Take this to the bank....all the O-Line position are essentially locks except for RG. All indicators, at this point, is that Wells has the inside track there, but that will remain to be seen.

The other 4 will be starting....at the postions I stated.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brighteyes and I are planning on going down to watch practice tomorrow.

We'll see if we can turn anyhting up and report back.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm sorry but another year with Cameron Spikes starting at guard is a waste