Live Free or Die Hard

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me know if you ever ROTFLYAO.... promise?

If I ever actually manage to lmao, I'll be dancing a jig & shouting it to the world.....because I'd do anything to get rid of all that junk in my trunk. ;)

smartass.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about this one. The first two were great, the 3rd not so much. Probably will own it on DVD. I will have to sell the extra 2 copies of the first two movies that I have.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks Brian. I thought it was appropriate to start a new thread now that we know the official title of the movie.

Not sure how I feel about this one. The first two were great, the 3rd not so much. Probably will own it on DVD. I will have to sell the extra 2 copies of the first two movies that I have.

I actually liked 1 and 3 and not 2 so much. I have them all on DVD. If this movie ends up being really good then I will buy it as well. I am just slowing down on my DVD purchases hoping that the entire HD DVD / Blu-Ray thing shakes out.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brian. I thought it was appropriate to start a new thread now that we know the official title of the movie.

I actually liked 1 and 3 and not 2 so much. I have them all on DVD. If this movie ends up being really good then I will buy it as well. I am just slowing down on my DVD purchases hoping that the entire HD DVD / Blu-Ray thing shakes out.

Been there, done that. I went from buying hundreds of DVD's in a year, to about 25 or so. Even when the format was ends, the prices will still be high for the format, as the competition will be gone.

I like spending sub $5 on my DVDs.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:confused:

Were people confused by Die Hard 4: Live Free or Die Hard ?

:shrug:

If we started a new thread every time this movie changed it's name during production there would already be about 4 threads.

One should do: http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23264

Would someone please merge these?

Thanks. :jedi:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bad. Looked at the title in the thread and not the actual thread heading. Not a big deal IMO.

Too funny though...in order:

Die Hard 4
Die Hard 4.0
Die Hardest
Live Free or Die Hard

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
lol, I can't believe I didn't know this was a whole series. Would it be best to see the previous 3 before this one?

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, I can't believe I didn't know this was a whole series. Would it be best to see the previous 3 before this one?

It would be best to watch the previous 3 just because they are an entertaining good time. Might as well watch them in order.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Die Hard is the king of all big-budget, non-Speilberg/Lucas action projects. It's all corny, but Bruce Willis always brings it home with his manly man regular guy schtick.

Mel Gibson, Ah-Nold ... these guys can't hold a candle to Willis and Die Hard.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw the trailer and it looks like (maybe) they've got Willis flying a Harrier jet fighter..... Please, please tell me I'm wrong about this....

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw the trailer and it looks like (maybe) they've got Willis flying a Harrier jet fighter..... Please, please tell me I'm wrong about this....

I thought it looked like the Harrier was coming after him.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it looked like the Harrier was coming after him.

Perhaps you are right..... I HOPE you are right.... ;)

Loved the first 2, hated the third. This one looks like it's in the spirit of the first 2. Methinks it's gonna be fun!

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No one seen this yet? :)

Good/decent reviews from what I can see. Taking the wife to see it this evening. Gotta beat the heat somehow...

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw it yesterday, it was great...not near the first one of course, but up to par with the others. The jet scene was a bit ludicrous, but the rest was funny and the kid he's protecting from Ed and the Apple commercials is awesome...I've always liked him.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw it opening night. I enjoyed it more than number 2 and 3, but the first is still the best. The daughter element was great to me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just watched Die Hard today for the first time in a while - good lord, that movie is NOTE PERFECT!

There's not an even a HINT of action 32 minutes into the movie, but it's all GREAT set-up about REAL people and then, wham - the elevator doors open and it just steps on the gas and never looks back.

it's the little things about Die Hard that make it so great... the bet between the black Hacker and Karl as to whether or not Hans kills Takagi... Ellis getting nailed doing coke in Holly's office... the brief moment where McClane is freaking out trying to figure out what to do, looking out of the building, until he just stops, staring at a woman undressing across the way... the twinkie scene with Powell and the 7-11 guy... ... Powell bursting out of his door after his car gets trashed with smushed Twinkie wrappers everywhere... Paul Gleason... Paul Gleason... and, we can't forget Paul Gleason... the SWAT team going in and one of the members pricking his thumb on a rose thorn and saying ow... the great 80's Asian Bad Guy, setting up shop and stealing candy bars while waiting to kill people... the look on Hans' face when Holly tells him one of the women is pregnant... just those kind of slice of life moments that makes a REALLY unrealistic story feel VERY grounded.

just an unbelievable movie - one of the best reluctant heros ever, AWESOME villainS, and the best batch of side characters, where EACH one of them has a beginning middle and end to their story (Deputy Dwayne T. Robinson, Al Powell, Argyle, Ellis, the TV Reporter, the FBI Johnson and Johnson duo, even Ric freaking Ducommon as the DWP guy "yeah, shut it down. shut it down now).

awesome movie. gonna get smashed with some buddies and see 4 tomorrow but i ain't expecting much more than a decent action movie. and even that's asking a lot.

Last edited:

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A great way to close out the series. Good action, good "comedy", good story, and just good entertainment. A few "homages" to the original. I enjoyed it.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Just saw it and I enjoyed the movie. A ton of action and some solid one liners.

Not worth the 14 dollars I paid to see the movie, but that's another story for another day.