Live Chat with Keim and Graves

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/Combine-Chat-With-Rod-Graves-and-Steve-Keim/3cf13855-a198-4495-82ad-b38f2f3803e4

Get your questions in...Graves answered two of my questions...albeit not to my satisfaction.

1:27

[Comment From Chris Chris: ]
Considering the Levi Brown at LT experiment was a complete failure, is the plan to move him back to RT, or possibly inside with the continued growth of Keith?
Thursday February 24, 2011 1:27 Chris
1:28

Rod Graves:
Although Levi had experience at tackle, the left tackle position is unique. Given that it was his first year lining up there, I thought he performed pretty well. I believe Levi will only get better with more experience and comfort at that position.

1:32

[Comment From Chris: ]
Is there a plan to address the TE position through the draft or FA?
Thursday February 24, 2011

Rod Graves:
We're not only going to look at tight end but at all positions where we feel we can get better.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Considering the Levi Brown at LT experiment was a complete failure....

Did you actually think that RG was accept the premise of your question, Chris?

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Considering the Levi Brown at LT experiment was a complete failure....

Did you actually think that RG was accept the premise of your question, Chris?

I think you mean would, and in public, probably not. Privately, probably a different story. If not, I'm even more terrified of his talent evaluation than before.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
RG's answer to the Levi Brown question was predictable...and right in keeping with what the FO and coaches have been saying. Face it---they are happy with Brown at LT---and with the combo of Keith and Bridges at RT.

It would not be a surprise either if they make a solid contract offer to Alan Faneca---so that he will remain the LG at least for another year.

The one answer that was far less ambiguous and vague as the others was the answer to the question about Peterson and Miller at #5. The general sentiment was that both players are exciting options---and RG may have tipped his hat a little when he said about Peterson that he hadn't seen such explosiveness in a return man since Devin Hester.

The fact that he answered this question in such rare depth---may mean that Peterson is right at the top of their board and very much in their thinking already.

The ridiculous part was that Seve Keim was on for what two or three questions (that answered about as generically and vaguely as possible) and then Darren Urban interrupted and said, "well it's time to wrap it up." Why even have him on? Seems ridiculous.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think you mean would, and in public, probably not. Privately, probably a different story. If not, I'm even more terrified of his talent evaluation than before.

I did mean to use "would", but, as he said... it was his first year on the left side for Levi and Keith's first on the right, and it may be a bit premature to say that this won't work out. In other words... same answer in public and private.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rod what is your opinion on people who refuse to actually answer questions and just talk for a few seconds pretending to actually answer it?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Rod what is your opinion on people who refuse to actually answer questions and just talk for a few seconds pretending to actually answer it?
We are trying our best to keep the core together.

they should just cut and paste this answer.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C'mon guys. How much talking do you think they are going to do with the draft coming up? The Cards play it close to the vest when it comes the draft and they usually won't let even a hint of what they plan to do to get out.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
C'mon guys. How much talking do you think they are going to do with the draft coming up? The Cards play it close to the vest when it comes the draft and they usually won't let even a hint of what they plan to do to get out.

And yet the human snail sounds like a broken record in any interview before, during & after the season. I don't even bother listening to any interview he does anymore for that reason. Blah Blah Blah

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I did mean to use "would", but, as he said... it was his first year on the left side for Levi and Keith's first on the right, and it may be a bit premature to say that this won't work out. In other words... same answer in public and private.

While some may take comfort in the idea that Levi will improve with more time at the position, I'm far more skeptical. Time will vindicate one of us, and I don't think it'll be ol Hot Rod.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I'm so sick & tired of hearing that sack of crap lies!!!

Agreed.

That is my biggest dissapointment from the Cardinals over the last year or two.

Saying they will keep core players, and not doing so.

Thus it puts the team, players, and fans right back to where they were in the earlier 2000's, with very little hope for the future, and very little hope for change from craptastic football.

Same ol' Cardinals.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If all of RG's answers were like the two above it seems like a complete waste of time.

The problem is that we and the media are all two faced when it comes to Sports personalities. If they give germane answers like those of Graves we complain about coachspeak etc. If they do give answers that are out of the norm we attack them for that too. "I can't believe he said that!" "That was a really stupid thing to say!" and so on.

Just look at the Jets coach and the reaction to what he said about the playoffs. I thought it was refreshing to see that come from a coach but he was raked over the coals for it.

I've said many time that if I became a high profile sports figure the first thing I would do would be to hire a comedy writer to give me material to answer questions. Fans and the media love funny guys.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you like wasting your time? Bored of talking to your wall? Today only live chat with rod graves, the wall will actually respond with answers that dont mean anything! Be creative with your questions and Rod will give you a blanket response that tells you nothing.

Why do they have these? why do people even submit questions?

you knew itd be a wate of time before you even asked anything.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
RG's answer to the Levi Brown question was predictable...and right in keeping with what the FO and coaches have been saying. Face it---they are happy with Brown at LT---and with the combo of Keith and Bridges at RT.

It would not be a surprise either if they make a solid contract offer to Alan Faneca---so that he will remain the LG at least for another year.

The one answer that was far less ambiguous and vague as the others was the answer to the question about Peterson and Miller at #5. The general sentiment was that both players are exciting options---and RG may have tipped his hat a little when he said about Peterson that he hadn't seen such explosiveness in a return man since Devin Hester.

The fact that he answered this question in such rare depth---may mean that Peterson is right at the top of their board and very much in their thinking already.

The ridiculous part was that Seve Keim was on for what two or three questions (that answered about as generically and vaguely as possible) and then Darren Urban interrupted and said, "well it's time to wrap it up." Why even have him on? Seems ridiculous.

It was Keim who said the Peterson Comment. So I am glad they had him on.

This next part isnt direct at yo Mitch.

Why did anyone expect them to say all of their plans and secrets? You want them to tell you their current draft board, call out the players in public, tell you what our exact needs are, and so on. Why not just tell you who we want to pick and tell it to the other 31 teams in the NFL as well. I mean seriously, did anyone watch any of the opening combine pressers that every coach and GM did yesterday or the day before, not a single person said anything of worth furing their 15 minute alloted times, no one will say anything during the offseason especially. Their lips are moving but no one is saying anything and that is the way it should be, except for Ryan that is, thats just good enterianment.

I appreciate the time those guys took to interact with the fans.

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It was Keim who said the Peterson Comment. So I am glad they had him on.

This next part isnt direct at yo Mitch.

Why did anyone expect them to say all of their plans and secrets? You want them to tell you their current draft board, call out the players in public, tell you what our exact needs are, and so on. Why not just tell you who we want to pick and tell it to the other 31 teams in the NFL as well. I mean seriously, did anyone watch any of the opening combine pressers that every coach and GM did yesterday or the day before, not a single person said anything of worth furing their 15 minute alloted times, no one will say anything during the offseason especially. Their lips are moving but no one is saying anything and that is the way it should be, except for Ryan that is, thats just good enterianment.

I appreciate the time those guys took to interact with the fans.

If you want some real answers from these guys during these things you need to ask them about their jobs. Like what sort of things do you put most emphasis on at the combine, 40 times, shuttle etc. How do you determine who will attend which Pro Days? How do you coordinate your scouting reports? You know, Jeff Gollin type questions.

There are very few guys who will actually answer questions about specific players, like the time Bob Ferguson said something about Mark Smith and selling french fries. :D

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I would not expect any good answers to questions about the draft. That would be dumber than dirt. Teams go to great lengths to keep their draft thoughts private. The only one that can talk all they want is the team with the #1 pick. I really have no idea who the Cards will pick. I only have an idea of who I would pick. I too will now keep that a secret in keeping with all teams. No he is not from Arkansas although Jemarcus Love is going in the first round. He protected Ryan Mallet all year long.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The problem is that we and the media are all two faced when it comes to Sports personalities. If they give germane answers like those of Graves we complain about coachspeak etc. If they do give answers that are out of the norm we attack them for that too. "I can't believe he said that!" "That was a really stupid thing to say!" and so on.

Just look at the Jets coach and the reaction to what he said about the playoffs. I thought it was refreshing to see that come from a coach but he was raked over the coals for it.

I've said many time that if I became a high profile sports figure the first thing I would do would be to hire a comedy writer to give me material to answer questions. Fans and the media love funny guys.

Some of these questions is like asking a murder suspect "did you murder Joe Jones?". Would one really expect to get a straight answer? My question would have been "have you talked to any free agent QB's agents or to anyone about trading for a QB?". A simple yes or know would suffice without revealing anything to the other teams.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson