Listen to the Graves/Green Pre Draft Press Conference!

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim Omohundro said:
I'm surprised that there are no comments yet!

I've been listening to it for 3 hours. On my 56K dialup service, I get 18 seconds of audio, then 5 minutes of buffering, 18 seconds of audio, more buffering but it's worth it.

What an informative news conference. I'm pissed I had to leave.

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
I didnt hear anything really new, but it was good to hear him talk about the potential makeup of the draft, and past.
I still think he is going to start KING when its all said and done.

I hope the big 3 are
Fitz
Winslow
Gallery

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One Revelation

Denny spoke at length on how the Cards set up and use their draft board.

It's very similar to the way I've always done it for the BRS - with one vital difference.

Denny and Rod will rank the players from top to bottom and keep the original board throughout the draft - crossing off guys that have been picked. Whereas I've always redrawn my Board after every pick we make (to reflect a change in both need and availability at certain positions).

When it's time to pick, the Cards will either take the top guy on the Board or make slight adjustments "on the fly" - usually to break ties among a group of players. The key for Denny (and for me) is that, say the Cardinals are picking at #100 and there are two or three guys at the top of their Board who rank #75, #76, #77. What he and Rod can be really happy about is that (according to how they and their scouts have rated the players) they'll be getting a player of #75, 76 or 77th ranked quality at the #100 hole and, therefore, terrific value.

Last edited:

who_me?

Registered
Reaction score
For those of us who are 2 hours away and working during these Press Conferences, ...... THANK YOU! Jim!! :thumbup:

I was excited last year, but then again, I'm always excited before the season starts. But I have a new and unfamiliar excitment this year. I'm not saying that we are going to the Super Bowl, although that would be nice, but I do expect a more enjoyable team.

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
does the nfl network show these press conferences, or is it just on local channels?

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Jim. I had to go out in the field that day so couldn't listen.

I like the approach the Double G's are taking. The strides this team can make this season will be great to watch.

Metal Militia

Veteran
Reaction score
It is very entertaining how Graves and Green interact. Graves is so laid back and calm while Green seems to want to talk all the time. I think that it is a good mix so far. Hopefully they can work in harmony together for a long time.