TD 8
TD % 4.4
INT 3
INT % 1.6
Long 46
Sck 27
Sack/Lost 159
Rating 86.1

Not advocating Fitzpatrick just showing that he is an improvement over any QB on the Cardinal roster. Just realized the Cardinals have only thrown for 10 TDs all year.

The Cardinals have only scored 20 TDs all year on offense. Only the Chiefs have scored less with 16. The Jaguars have scored 22, Rams 23 and the Dolphins, Eagles, and Raiders with 25 each. This is how inept the offense is.
Fitzpatrick would definitely be an upgrade but I want a guy that the Cards can go a long way with, like Rivers. I'm pretty much Rivers or bust at this point :D.

Fitzpatrick reminds me of Jon Kitna. They are good QB's and get you some wins but in the end, I don't think they are good enough to challenge for a title. Some wins would be nice though.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not cool Slin, you wanna pity me or help me move on give me $20 or rent me a Uhaul. I'd rather go Skelton and Lindley over Vick and we all know why, pity you can't understand my POV. I don't care if Vick was 400 yards a game, he makes me sick.

I'm with you. I would be disgusted to even think of rooting for him.

BAD BAD KARMA. Go back and watch some of the last few games with Vick at QB. The guy has lost his desire for the game. Guess it's a little harder to earn your money playing football than it is in some of his other "business" adventures.

Move on? Move on this.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'm with you. I would be disgusted to even think of rooting for him.

BAD BAD KARMA. Go back and watch some of the last few games with Vick at QB. The guy has lost his desire for the game. Guess it's a little harder to earn your money playing football than it is in some of his other "business" adventures.

Move on? Move on this.
Yep, not a Vick fan at all. I think he's shot as a QB. It's kind of like McNabb. Everybody thought he could still play but he was done and horrendous in Washington and Minny.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it took Warner and Kolb two years to learn the O, there is no way Vick could donut in one. No thanks, dog torturer

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pity people who can't move on.

Vick looks like the only reasonable veteran option available. The Cards can't go into the next season with three questionmarks at QB once again. Signing Vick and drafting a QB to eventually beat out Vick is what a smart team would do.

a guy who can't stay on the field isn't a viable option, no matter what he may have done in the past.

the idea that Vick ISN'T a question mark after he's been knocked out of games for considerable time the last two seasons, parts of three seasons ago. and none of that takes into effect that fact that he's a turnover machine and a below average passer

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'll take Vick. He's the only realistic option at QB that has ever ran an elite offense and it was only two years ago when Brady edged him out for MVP. Flaws on the OL need to be fixed and we'd need to RUN the ball. Definitely not the perfect plan but I said most realistic.

As for what he did off the field I can't blame anyone for being upset.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
1. Anybody in this draft in the 1st round.
2. Vick
3. Sanchez
4. The ones we already have
5. Tebow

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Fitzpatrick would definitely be an upgrade but I want a guy that the Cards can go a long way with, like Rivers. I'm pretty much Rivers or bust at this point :D.

Fitzpatrick reminds me of Jon Kitna. They are good QB's and get you some wins but in the end, I don't think they are good enough to challenge for a title. Some wins would be nice though.

Kitna never had a defense on the opposite side of the ball like this team has. Maybe with a really good defense a guy like Kitna would be enough.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Beggars can't be choosers. I'd take Alex Smith in FA, draft Wilson/Nassib, then focus the rest of the draft/FA on RB, OL, pass rusher.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
I would have to go on fan hiatus if Vick joins the team. It wouldn't be for long though, he couldn't last more than 1 year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
While I don't care much for him, Matt Barkley in the SECOND round is not terrible if Tyler Wilson and Ryan Nassib are off the board.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. Vick/Kolb/Young QB platoon next year :cheers:

de ja vu for Kolb

Vick qb's with his legs, age plus multitudes of injuries over the years means he will absolutely will not stay healthy, which was our primary problem this year. Vick is more of the same.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Kitna never had a defense on the opposite side of the ball like this team has. Maybe with a really good defense a guy like Kitna would be enough.

Fitzpatrick, with similar numbers as he's put up in Buffalo, plus our defense and
The Cards are likely 9-5 instead of 5-9.

61.7% completion rate. 22-15 TDs to Interceptions. Stinks? I could see calling Fitzpatrick average. But stinks? Hardly.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
1. Mark Sanchez
2. Matt Barkley
3. Matt Flynn
4. Phillip Rivers
5. Joe Flacco

I would not have a problem with Vick or Tebow as long as we draft (Nassib) a qb that it is known to the veteran unless Vick returns to MVP form or Tebow kills it the rookie is waiting and WILL take over.

Alex Smith is the top of my wish list as far as FA's. We aren't the 08 Cardinals, we dont need to put up 40 a game. We need someone who won't turn the ball over and can manage an offense. He's also a good athlete and can make plays with his feet when needed, just ask the Saints

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson