List 5 QBs we better not get

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Whiz or shine

1 Vick. He is the only one rumored as a possible, that I wuld quit Cardinaling until he was
Gone.

2 Alex Smith. This system and Harbag has already moved on?

3 ************* is damaged goods, Ryan took pics of his feet and he never recovered.

4 Tebow. He can't throw.

5. Anybody Whiz wants

Superfuzz

Veteran
Reaction score
On a related note, not that I'm condoning it, but I've wondered at times (when Skelton/Lindley were starting) if Josh McCown could have done any better in the same circumstances. From what I remember of Josh, probably (slightly) so.

Scary thought.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Josh would have kicked their respective arses but he would still not be considered by most to be any longer term or season solution for that matter. That is how bad Skelton is and how bad the rookie Lindley is :)

Superfuzz

Veteran
Reaction score
Josh would have kicked their respective arses but he would still not be considered by most to be any longer term or season solution for that matter. That is how bad Skelton is and how bad the rookie Lindley is :)

I bet he could at least get the ball to Larry down the field once or twice a game!

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
Vick even in a down year in 2012 was averaging 275 yards of production a game; and 300 the previous 2 years. As a permanent fix, no, a stopgap, maybe.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Whiz or shine

1 Vick. He is the only one rumored as a possible, that I wuld quit Cardinaling until he was
Gone.

Pity people who can't move on.

Vick looks like the only reasonable veteran option available. The Cards can't go into the next season with three questionmarks at QB once again. Signing Vick and drafting a QB to eventually beat out Vick is what a smart team would do.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score

Vick looks like the only reasonable veteran option available. The Cards can't go into the next season with three questionmarks at QB once again. Signing Vick and drafting a QB to eventually beat out Vick is what a smart team would do.

Agreed. Vick/Kolb/Young QB platoon next year :cheers:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With QB's you never know. If we had to draft a QB from last year's draft class, I'm sure Russel Wilson would have topped (or at least appeared on) many "don't draft" lists. He's another Max Hall, etc.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whiz or shine

Gone.

2 Alex Smith. This system and Harbag has already moved on?

3 ************* is damaged goods, Ryan took pics of his feet and he never recovered.

4 Tebow. He can't throw.

5. Anybody Whiz wants

What veterans are left?? San Diego is NOT going to trade Rivers & if they did, we would get raped in the process.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Ryan Fitzpatrick would be a better option than what we have now and that is not saying much.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
What veterans are left?? San Diego is NOT going to trade Rivers & if they did, we would get raped in the process.
You can't say that with any certainty.

5 QB's to avoid:
Matt Brakley- will hate it
Tim Tebow- can't throw and not worth the trouble
Brady Quinn- stinks
Alex Smith-probably the least objectionable of the group but that's not saying much.
Ryan Fitzpatrick- had had plenty of talent around him and still stinks.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't want the following:

1. Mark Sanchez
2. Michael Vick
3. Tom Tewbow
4. Matt Cassell
5. Brady Quinn

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1. Brady Quinn
2. Matt Cassell
3. Tim Tebow
4. Matt Moore
5. Alex Smith

If the question was what QB we better not HAVE:

1. Kevin Kolb
2. Ryan Lindley
3. John Skelton
4. Rich Bartel

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Not cool Slin, you wanna pity me or help me move on give me $20 or rent me a Uhaul. I'd rather go Skelton and Lindley over Vick and we all know why, pity you can't understand my POV. I don't care if Vick was 400 yards a game, he makes me sick.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would not be opposed to Alex Smith. He is better than what we have right now. As long as we do not overpay for him.

Maybe trade for Cousins in Washington. Although I am leary of that since he has not played that much. I feel a Kolb situation again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't know who will be available, it will most likely be some real slim pickins. I'm hoping for a QB in the draft, but we need someone who can decipher QB talent.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Player Ryan Fitzpatrick
Att 444
Comp 274
Yds 2935
Comp % 61.7
Yds/Att 6.6
TD 22
TD % 5.0
INT 15
INT % 3.4
Long 68
Sck 28
Sack/Lost 148
Rating 83.5

John Skelton
Att 201
Comp 109
Yds 1132
Comp % 54.2
Yds/Att 5.6
TD 2
TD % 1.0
INT 9
INT % 4.54
Long 40
Sck 15
Sack/Lost 948
Rating 55.4

Ryan Lindley
Att 141
Comp 72
Yds 611
Comp % 51.1
Yds/Att 4.3
TD 0
TD % 0.0
INT 6
INT % 4.3
Long 28
Sck 10
Sack/Lost 76
Rating 45.0

Kevin Kolb
Att 183
Comp 109
Yds 1169
Comp % 59.6
Yds/Att 6.4
TD 8
TD % 4.4
INT 3
INT % 1.6
Long 46
Sck 27
Sack/Lost 159
Rating 86.1

Not advocating Fitzpatrick just showing that he is an improvement over any QB on the Cardinal roster. Just realized the Cardinals have only thrown for 10 TDs all year.

The Cardinals have only scored 20 TDs all year on offense. Only the Chiefs have scored less with 16. The Jaguars have scored 22, Rams 23 and the Dolphins, Eagles, and Raiders with 25 each. This is how inept the offense is.

snowthedirtbub

Veteran
Reaction score
People honestly want Vick? He's old, injury prone, looked like complete crap this year behind the eagles offensive line, is a turnover machine, and was replaced by a 3rd round rookie. Yea he put up a lot of yards a game but thats because they hardly ever ran the ball and all those yards didn't translate into wins.