Lions open for bids to trade down

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think so.
Maybe Justin Herbert.
Justin is in no way a better QB than Tua but he doesn’t have the injury concerns that Tua has.

I can't see why the Dolphins would risk losing out on whichever QB they want. Either way, they're going to have to move up to ensure they get the guy they want.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I can’t believe Young gets by the second pick. I’d give this year’s first and next year’s first to get him, but it won’t happen.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I sure as hell hope not. Why we want a 43 DE when we run a 34 defense. Young was a non factor against clemson and dominated lesser competition.

And to the people who was the trade peterson to move up a couple spots, sure am glad you are not running anything. If that is all HOF players are worth to you, maybe we can trade back 5 or 6 spot and pick up aaron donald, or von miller, hey maybe trade back 10 spots and get mahomes.....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

And when PP21 walks at the end of the season for nothing, what will you say then? He has asked to be traded numerous times. The writing is on the wall. If we can get something of value it is ALWAYS a better choice then letting a player walk for nothing in FA.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
And when PP21 walks at the end of the season for nothing, what will you say then? He has asked to be traded numerous times. The writing is on the wall. If we can get something of value it is ALWAYS a better choice then letting a player walk for nothing in FA.
PP21 can be franchised at the end of this year if need be for what should be a deep run into the playoffs during Kyler's development. You move PP now, and our CBs are hot garbage for the 2020 season. The defense is bad enough, let's not sell the farm for a kid who would bench one of our free agent signings this year.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
PP21 can be franchised at the end of this year if need be for what should be a deep run into the playoffs during Kyler's development. You move PP now, and our CBs are hot garbage for the 2020 season. The defense is bad enough, let's not sell the farm for a kid who would bench one of our free agent signings this year.

If you think PP21 was a vocal malcontent before...wait until you try to franchise him. He's either getting resigned this offseason, or he is walking in free agency. I'm fine with resigning him...but if that isn't happening...then we should trade him now. The longer we wait, the less the compensation goes down. If I was the Cards FO I would try everything to get a 3 extension done by Thurs, and if it doesn't happen I would try to trade him for a 1st rounder.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

I don't see any scenario where we let him walk for nothing.

Option 1 - He returns to form and we sign him to extension
Option 2 - We trade him before deadline this year
Option 3 - He plays well this year and we franchise him in 2021 (he plays on 1 year deal or we trade him)

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Maybe the Dolphins are afraid that Tua is injury prone?:shrug:

He is injury prone. His latest hip injury was far from his first. People seem be discussing only his latest serious injury and dismissing the bigger picture. I would be questioning if he could even complete his rookie contract before retiring. I just could not gamble with that high a pic and with other qbs available.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If you think PP21 was a vocal malcontent before...wait until you try to franchise him. He's either getting resigned this offseason, or he is walking in free agency. I'm fine with resigning him...but if that isn't happening...then we should trade him now. The longer we wait, the less the compensation goes down. If I was the Cards FO I would try everything to get a 3 extension done by Thurs, and if it doesn't happen I would try to trade him for a 1st rounder.
Like the @TheCardFan said, I don't see a situation where he walks for nothing. Franchise and trade, or signed to an extension.

Trading away Peterson does not make us a better football team this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard