Lions new logo

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
http://www.freep.com/article/20090324/SPORTS01/90324049/New+Lions+logo+apparently+leaked

DANA POINT, Calif. -- Did the Lions’ new logo leak out because of a toy truck?
For a while now, the Lions have played coy about plans to tweak their logo and uniform. Lions president Tom Lewand has refused to confirm or deny speculation the team will unveil the new stuff before the draft in April.

But a toy truck for sale on nflshop.com appeared to show a new font for the word “Lions” and a new logo -- with some alterations to make the cat look a little meaner.

And after people noticed Tuesday and started blogging about it, the truck disappeared from the site, suspiciously.
Shown a picture of the logo, general manager Martin Mayhew said he had never seen it before.

“My glasses are a little dirty,” he said, “so I might not be able to see it.”
Lions spokesman Bill Keenist’s only comment was this: “We understand and genuinely appreciate the incredible interest surrounding this issue from both the fans and the media.”

The new logo includes details of an eye, teeth and a mane. The word "Lions" on the truck is in a different, less-blocky font than usual, too.

picture.php

Attachments

• lions logo.jpg
    lions logo.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 758
OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I like it. Much like the Cardinals' subtle modernization, it keeps the traditional feel with a meaner look.

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
I think the changes to the logo and the font change are SLICK! Not too much. I'm on the lion's bandwagon for 4 wins this year..

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I think the Lions are going to push 8 wins in 2009. It's hard to argue with 0-16 but they have made a lot of good moves this offseason and the NFC North isn't the toughest division in football. And this prediction is before anything with Cutler happens. If he winds up in Detroit, I think 8 wins should be expected.

Firing Millen and Marinelli and trading Kitna and Williams is the biggest addition by subtraction in many years in the NFL. Schwartz will bring a toughness to that defense and Calvin Johnson is a beast already on offense. Kevin Jones is solid and as bad as the team seems with that dubious record, KJ still had a 4.1 ypc and almost 1,000 yards.

They also got rid of Orlovsky and although Daunte Culpepper V5.0 isn't the answer, I think they're a solid QB away from being just fine. Not a playoff team per se, but they won't be a bottom feeder in 2009 for sure.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Lions are going to push 8 wins in 2009. It's hard to argue with 0-16 but they have made a lot of good moves this offseason and the NFC North isn't the toughest division in football. And this prediction is before anything with Cutler happens. If he winds up in Detroit, I think 8 wins should be expected.

Firing Millen and Marinelli and trading Kitna and Williams is the biggest addition by subtraction in many years in the NFL. Schwartz will bring a toughness to that defense and Calvin Johnson is a beast already on offense. Kevin Jones is solid and as bad as the team seems with that dubious record, KJ still had a 4.1 ypc and almost 1,000 yards.

They also got rid of Orlovsky and although Daunte Culpepper V5.0 isn't the answer, I think they're a solid QB away from being just fine. Not a playoff team per se, but they won't be a bottom feeder in 2009 for sure.

wager...

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like the old style....but then again I am old school. I miss the days of the word "Bengals" on the side of their helmets....I like thoe old stuff...guess it brings me back to my childhood days.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you want to wager? A$FN are probably meaningless to a guy with $500,000+. I think they'll get 7 wins with Culpepper, 8+ with Cutler.
I will take under seven wins. Winner picks the losers avatar for a month.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
That "splash" is just part of the background of the toy truck graphic where this stuff was unfortunately leaked.

It's NOT part of the uniform or helmet, or anything else.

I've had the Lions' new official graphics for over a month now...I REALLY like what they're doing.

(Wait'll you see the Jaguars' new unis...they're...different.)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That "splash" is just part of the background of the toy truck graphic where this stuff was unfortunately leaked.

It's NOT part of the uniform or helmet, or anything else.

I've had the Lions' new official graphics for over a month now...I REALLY like what they're doing.

(Wait'll you see the Jaguars' new unis...they're...different.)
Where is the link to your site?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison