Lions might now win the Super Bowl?

Arvos

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm coming back to reality, again. Maybe the Lions are not as improved as I first thought. I like the off-season additions, free agents, coaches, uniforms, and most importantly attitude. Perhaps they are not as improved as I may of thought. QB play will determine how well/far this team will go. If we even lose to the Cards at home in the opener I may go insane. This game means much more the Lions than it does to the Cards. This is a must win game for them to begin the season with a win and at home. To go into anyone house in the NFL and get a win is difficult, especially a season opener. My favorite part of the NFL season is the offseason, preseason when every team is still undeafeated. Lions 24 Cards 13. Bank on it, atleast for the first game.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I think the Cardinals spank the Lions personally. I don't even think it's going to be close.

Is there really still debate over McMahon vs Harrington?
I was on the Lions board earlier and it looked like the debate was still going.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
I don't understand how this game could be bigger for the Lions than the Cards. The Cards have a horrible season opener record and this is a young football team. Confidence and momentum are extremely important, intangible, elements of the NFL. At least with the Lions when they lose everybody will say "but it's okay cause Mooch is still getting his team settled and Harrington's still young and Rodgers is still a rookie". IF in some parallel universe the Cards were to lose it'd be another "here we go again" and "same old Cards".

Good thing we won't. :D

P.S. - haven't forgotten the beer promise, Arvos.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Is there really still debate over McMahon vs Harrington?
I was on the Lions board earlier and it looked like the debate was still going.

WHAT!!!

I assumed Harrington was the starter! He is soooooooooo much better.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Arvos
I'm coming back to reality, again. Maybe the Lions are not as improved as I first thought. I like the off-season additions, free agents, coaches, uniforms, and most importantly attitude. Perhaps they are not as improved as I may of thought. QB play will determine how well/far this team will go. If we even lose to the Cards at home in the opener I may go insane. This game means much more the Lions than it does to the Cards. This is a must win game for them to begin the season with a win and at home. To go into anyone house in the NFL and get a win is difficult, especially a season opener. My favorite part of the NFL season is the offseason, preseason when every team is still undeafeated. Lions 24 Cards 13. Bank on it, atleast for the first game.

Arvos, when was the last time the Lions actually beat the Cards???
:lmao:

OP
OP
A

Arvos

Veteran
Reaction score
Fans split

Fans are split about 50-50 over Harrington vs. McMahon. By virtue of the salary Harrington is obviously the man for now. McMahon is flashy, he scrambles for alot of yards and jukes/jives and makes alot of people miss. His problem is he is not very accruate thrower, less than 50% in his entire carear(pro college). I don't know what Harrington's problems are, accuracy, accurate reads, I just can't figure it out. I'm sure he will be fine just needs a bit more time. There are many internet rumors floating around, Harrington for Tim Couch etc etc. Obviously those are not very feasible with the salary cap and all.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Matt Millen is a buffoon.

There is no way in hell that I would draft Harrington, a Phil Simms solid type Qb, with a top 5 pick.

Sorry Arvos, but the Lions are going to suck again this year, and will have another top 5 pick.

OP
OP
A

Arvos

Veteran
Reaction score
OK by me.

A poor season is O.K. by me if we can't go all the way. I think I like the NFL draft and all its hoopla than I do the regular season anyway. Who this year.....Kellen Winslow? Eli Manning? Trade a second for Tim Couch? Also the Lions have a ton of money to spend on free agency next year, the most in the NFL. Matt Millen just loves to spend Bill Ford's money, you know.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: OK by me.

A poor season is O.K. by me if we can't go all the way. I think I like the NFL draft and all its hoopla than I do the regular season anyway. Who this year.....Kellen Winslow? Eli Manning? Trade a second for Tim Couch? Also the Lions have a ton of money to spend on free agency next year, the most in the NFL. Matt Millen just loves to spend Bill Ford's money, you know.

If the Lions stink again this year, Matt Millen probably will lose his job, and rightfully so.

He has done an absolutely terrible job trying to change the Lions into his image. He also has screwed up in the PR department a few times, especially when he called the anonymous linebacker a coward on radio.

OP
OP
A

Arvos

Veteran
Reaction score
It was not a linebacker.

It was Scotty Anderson a 3rd year WR from Grambling. He often looks spectacular during practices but shys away from contact too much during games. If you remember he was stabbed in the off-season in Houston. His brother I think used to play for the Cards and was almost killed in the stabbing as well. Supposedly, he has come out of that incident with a new attitude and outlook on life and (may) be primed for a break out season. With all the faults of Matt Millen he does do a very good job when it comes to the draft. The Lions had done a very, very poor job of drafting in years 96-2000 and very few players are still here from those drafts. The roster is full of players, some of the rise from the Millen drafts.

The Lions message boards are full of pleas to pick up Marquis Walker. He was a stud at the U of M. I don't know what has happened to him since he has turned pro, I thought he was a steal for the Bucs in the 3rd round and shocked when he was traded to the Cards. Is he worth the pick up, if he is released?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
He might be worth a look. He didn't get too much accomplished here, but I don't know if that's a good sign for the group we have or a bad sign for Walker. I suspect a little of both. Certainly couldn't hurt.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Re: It was not a linebacker.

The Lions message boards are full of pleas to pick up Marquis Walker. He was a stud at the U of M. I don't know what has happened to him since he has turned pro, I thought he was a steal for the Bucs in the 3rd round and shocked when he was traded to the Cards. Is he worth the pick up, if he is released?

I guess he might be worth a look if he was picked up for nothing, but he won't make your team. I watched him a lot in training camp and he did absolutely nothing. The only play I can even remember him "making" was one in which he dropped a perfectly thrown pass over the middle.

From watching him and observing his body language, to me it looked like he doesn't even want to play football. He showed no passion or hustle at all.

The fact that he didn't survive first cuts with a team like the Cardinals, who have virtually an entire receiving corps of unknown quantities, speaks volumes.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Lions might now win the Super Bowl?

Originally posted by Krangthebrain
when was the last time the Lions actually beat the Cards???

Detroit 26
Cardinals 20

Shawn

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Lions might now win the Super Bowl?

Originally posted by FischerKing
Detroit 26
Cardinals 20

Shawn

I knew that, I was just trying to show him that we've owned them for quite awhile. :D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Fans split

Fans are split about 50-50 over Harrington vs. McMahon. By virtue of the salary Harrington is obviously the man for now. McMahon is flashy, he scrambles for alot of yards and jukes/jives and makes alot of people miss. His problem is he is not very accruate thrower, less than 50% in his entire carear(pro college). I don't know what Harrington's problems are, accuracy, accurate reads, I just can't figure it out. I'm sure he will be fine just needs a bit more time. There are many internet rumors floating around, Harrington for Tim Couch etc etc. Obviously those are not very feasible with the salary cap and all.

I can see why the fans are split.

1) Harrington gets sacked 1/4 the times McMahon does, behind the same OL.

2) Harrington throws picks about 1/2 as often as McMahon does.

3) Harrington had a higher % by 8 despite throwing the ball away to avoid all the sacks that McMahon takes.

Your OL didn't really improve all that much last year they just changed QB's to a guy who didn't try to outrun the pass rush like McMahon.

Harrington will be a GOOD Qb, not a great one but a good one. The % should go up I think at times he throws it away too quickly, but he's so much better than McMahon it's not close.

whatchamacallit

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think neither team will reach the 21 point level and I will go with Detroit beating the Cardinals by a late 4th quarter field goal with about 3 minutes left to go in the game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard