Lions cut Ameer Abdullah. Claimed by Vikings off Waivers

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim should drop David Johnson so he can have the running back he always wanted

i recentely watched the video where keim and mcdanough in the war room were so disappointed cause they couldnt get that kind of talent

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I would like to see Keim do anything at this point. It seems like most of the teams have done something and we have done nothing but stand pat. I don't understand his thinking. This team is having a really tough time right now and could use some new talent to give it a boost both on the field and in the locker room.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Abdullah was a well known prospect. I remember when we drafted DJ everyone said who? At least that's what I think I remember. ;)

Not sure that's accurate. I remember there being a few people on this board touting David Johnson as a sleeper RB prior to the draft. I know when we drafted him, I was excited because of what some people had said about him.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Harry was on the DJ bandwagon early

Just shows how the draft has lots of randomness to it

the three players per All or Nothing they were looking at: Abdullah, Golden and Tyler Lockett

two of those three players were good picks..... and the Lions helped us out

Reaction score
Not sure that's accurate. I remember there being a few people on this board touting David Johnson as a sleeper RB prior to the draft. I know when we drafted him, I was excited because of what some people had said about him.

I looked up where they were ranked. Abdullah was the #5 ranked rb & DJ #7 by draftscout.com. So they were fairly close with AA being ranked ahead.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
"All or Nothing" gave fans too much insight as to what goes on in war rooms. Dodging bullets like Abdullah and falling into guys like David Johnson happens far more likely than people want to admit.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
"All or Nothing" gave fans too much insight as to what goes on in war rooms. Dodging bullets like Abdullah and falling into guys like David Johnson happens far more likely than people want to admit.

I'm just waiting for us to "accidentally" draft a young Kurt Warner or Tom Brady.

Way too much to ask...I know.
We probably will before I'm dead, and we'll trade him for a top offensive tackle prospect as he sits on the bench in preseason.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, drafting Abdullah meant we were going to land AP in a trade, where Abdullah would be part of a package going to the Vikings.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I think it was BA all the way on who wanted AA the most, but that just my opinion. SK was right there, but BA was disgusted with the time they had put into him.

That's how I remember it also - it was BA who wanted him badly. A better version of Andre Ellington, and both were cut.