Level of interest in acquiring Zach Ertz?

Zach Ertz acquisition interest level?

• Very High

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • High

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • Moderate

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Slight

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • None

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oaken1

Stone Cold
Reaction score
If we can trade Hicks may as well he gonna be cut too... don’t have to compete off waivers
Agree. Why compete in free agency when we can just take his rights.
If we do the hicks deal the money is negligible

if he plays injury free he can easily give us more production than Arnold.... likely absorbs all the targets from Arnold and Fitzgerald both....

if he doesn’t work out? Hell.... cut him next off season and draft a guy

but at least he is a good enough player with a big enough reputation to see if Kyler and kingsberry will actually even use a TE

BritCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
According to some posters hicks is a net negative.

I've seen several fan groups advocating for trading for Hicks including Eagles and Saints.

I don't think Hicks is what he once was, but I also think he would improve a lot back in a 4-3.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think I'd rather see us kick the tires on Hayden Hurst if we wanted to trade for a TE.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
at the right price -- Ertz would be a good addition

but: the contract isnt one i would want, especially if you have to trade to get it.

the rub is Ertz wanted a new deal -- i think we can assume not for less money.

so i dont know if you want to trade for a guy who thinks that $8mm a year isnt enough for him.

maybe things with current cap have changed his thinking (and, he is staring at $0 maybe if he gets released)

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we can trade Hicks may as well he gonna be cut too... don’t have to compete off waivers

you are ignoring the salary cap implications. In no way is Ertz worth his contract.

Krangthebrain

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I've seen several fan groups advocating for trading for Hicks including Eagles and Saints.

I don't think Hicks is what he once was, but I also think he would improve a lot back in a 4-3.

Naw B. Hicks has lost a step significantly. He used to be fast.

Shane

Current STAR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you are ignoring the salary cap implications. In no way is Ertz worth his contract.

Hicks is due for 6 million and Ertz 8 Million.... The salary cap implications are negligible at best. We still have almost 14 million in space.

BritCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Naw B. Hicks has lost a step significantly. He used to be fast.

Oh for sure he's lost a step. No doubt. You could see that when he signed for us. I'd be surprised if he runs a 4.85 now.

I don't think he will ever be the 80+ grade player (for want of a better measuring stick) that he was. But I think he can be better in a 4-3.

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hicks is due for 6 million and Ertz 8 Million.... The salary cap implications are negligible at best. We still have almost 14 million in space.

no hicks already renegotiated. He is only due 2 million this year.

but even if he did have a similar capfugure, you don’t want to take on Ertz at a bad salary, when you can just wait and get him much cheaper.

Krangthebrain

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Oh for sure he's lost a step. No doubt. You could see that when he signed for us. I'd be surprised if he runs a 4.85 now.

I don't think he will ever be the 80+ grade player (for want of a better measuring stick) that he was. But I think he can be better in a 4-3.

I think what we saw is what he is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tally Cardinal