Level of interest in acquiring Zach Ertz?

Zach Ertz acquisition interest level?

• Very High

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • High

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • Moderate

Votes: 25 35.7%
  • Slight

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • None

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Naw B. Hicks has lost a step significantly. He used to be fast.

Oh for sure he's lost a step. No doubt. You could see that when he signed for us. I'd be surprised if he runs a 4.85 now.

I don't think he will ever be the 80+ grade player (for want of a better measuring stick) that he was. But I think he can be better in a 4-3.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hicks is due for 6 million and Ertz 8 Million.... The salary cap implications are negligible at best. We still have almost 14 million in space.

no hicks already renegotiated. He is only due 2 million this year.

but even if he did have a similar capfugure, you don’t want to take on Ertz at a bad salary, when you can just wait and get him much cheaper.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Oh for sure he's lost a step. No doubt. You could see that when he signed for us. I'd be surprised if he runs a 4.85 now.

I don't think he will ever be the 80+ grade player (for want of a better measuring stick) that he was. But I think he can be better in a 4-3.

I think what we saw is what he is.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Hicks is due for 6 million and Ertz 8 Million.... The salary cap implications are negligible at best. We still have almost 14 million in space.

Exactly, it would be no different than spending $2 million for a second rate TE. If Ertz can regain 75-80% of his playing form, we get a pretty damn good TE for $2 million and a lot better than any TE presently on the roster.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Just some inside info. I destroyed my ring finger and had surgery on the pip joint, never do this when you are 40. I went to the Fischer institute for rehab, (look up Brent Fischer) which is essentially an NFL rehab and training factory. My first day in March Zach was in a walking boot, when he took the boot off I saw a clear surgical repair of the ankle.

It took him until early April to actually start doing slight exercises. However, within the next 3 weeks he significantly improved. However, he is no where near running yet. I was just there last week. So that's why I think the Cardinals are not being aggressive, he is just starting to rebuild his legs, which are very thin right now. I think he is going to get cut June 1, and sign here. But he didn't tell me that, he actually is kind of a jerk.

So since he is rehabbing here with Brent Fischer I am sure Kiem is very clued in on his progress. ( He was talking to Fischer and Spooner) and mentioned Buffalo, yeah I was eaves dropping.

Also, Gardeck is rehabbing really fast, I was chatting with him because we were on the same machine and he said he is aiming for TC.

Now I know this is kind kissing and telling, but I really believe the Cardinals think he is getting cut because he is still rehabbing. to his credit, he spends about 8 hours in the facility.

P.S. The coolest person to be rehabbing there is Howie Long, I almost crapped my pants because we were right next to each other and we started talking about fingers, his are way more messed up than mine lol. But still, holy poo Howie Long is talking to some no body, what a cool guy.

Last edited:

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Some people just heal fast. My pastor (49) tore his bicep from his elbow. 4 weeks after surgery his dr. said he was 8 weeks AHEAD in his rehab.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose