Let's just get this out of the way: The Official "I Love Calvin Pace" Thread

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I think it was a good move to get trade down. The only pick we dropped in line was the #6 to #17. Every other pick we moved up. Come on we all new the Cards were not a one player away team this year. Grave said it himself. We needed the roll players and more pieces for the puzzle. I think next year will be are big splash... Like trading up for the one missing piece. We have a very young D-Line with allot of promise. I say lets let the ship set sail before we try to sink it. I could also just becoming of the high from the Suns game on Sunday? :thumbup:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hes a Cardinal now HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THE GUY?

OP
OP
SweetD

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
It is funny how not many people are willing to support the latest addition of the Cards?? :confused: I am proud to be a Cards Fan and hope things turn out well for us this year. I agree with Graves about not being one player away Maybe next year?? Sure the draft didn't fall the way we wanted but does it ever? I realy have doughts about are scouts! I think they are going to be changing them this year who knows?

Go Cards
Go Calvin
GO SUNS

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Ahhhhh!!!! This is my kind of thread!!!!! Pace will get 100% of my support!!! I wanted Suggs, but this guy just might work out to our liking!!! (Didn't waste my time on the OTHER thread!)

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard him on the Radio today on Gambo and Ash.

He sounds like he has his head on straight, and might just surprise.

I hope so. Even tho he doesn't have huge sack numbers, it sounds like he gets in the backfield a lot and is disruptive.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calvin Pace is the best thing to happen to this franchise ever. He is going to prove everybody wrong. He will make us all forget Suggs and his 24 sacks last year. And just wait until Joe Greene gives him some input and coaching....

I love Pace....Maybe we nickname him Picante Inferno!!!! Who would want t-sizzle when we can have the fire!!!!

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by RedStorm
Calvin Pace is the best thing to happen to this franchise ever. He is going to prove everybody wrong. He will make us all forget Suggs and his 24 sacks last year. And just wait until Joe Greene gives him some input and coaching....

I love Pace....Maybe we nickname him Picante Inferno!!!! Who would want t-sizzle when we can have the fire!!!!

I would nominate his new nickname as:

Calvin "in your face" Pace

I like that as much as:

Simeon "red beans and" Rice

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
I would nominate his new nickname as:

Calvin "in your face" Pace

I like that as much as:

Simeon "red beans and" Rice

Good idea! I'm going to try and make a "Calvin" peeing on the whiner, lamb and shehawk helmets. That would be a sweet window sticker! The slogan underneath could be "Keepin the Pace!"

stlouiecard

Veteran
Reaction score
Blah Blah Blah

I do not dislike Calvin Pace- he will not be Terrell Suggs but the issue is not Calvin it is Graves - he sux it's that simple.

Calvin may turn out to be a great football player - he already seems like a great guy and a decent human being- But Graves is still pathetic!!!

I hope all ends well but it will be nothing but pure pure luck and for Mac's sake it is better to have luck then not !

seesred

Reaction score
stluis lighten up...Take some valium, have a merlot, make love not war, hate is such a hard word.

We hate Iraq, they hate us now we hate Graves? I don't think so.

GBR

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by seesred
stluis lighten up...Take some valium, have a merlot, make love not war, hate is such a hard word.

We hate Iraq, they hate us now we hate Graves? I don't think so.

GBR

Dang, No dought! Chill buddy!

BTW- Good to meet you at the party seesred!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Blah Blah Blah

Originally posted by stlouiecard
I do not dislike Calvin Pace- he will not be Terrell Suggs but the issue is not Calvin it is Graves - he sux it's that simple.

Calvin may turn out to be a great football player - he already seems like a great guy and a decent human being- But Graves is still pathetic!!!

I hope all ends well but it will be nothing but pure pure luck and for Mac's sake it is better to have luck then not !

If Pace turns out to be a great football player, Rod Graves will look like a genius.

And can't you be a little more expressive? "Rod Graves sucks" is a simple minded, weak statement and it is quite repetitive from you.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
I never saw Pace play, and I don't know anything about him or how good he'll be, but I thought this was interesting. Before the 2002 college season began, Pace was the 2nd highest rated DE acording to these guys. Pace was the 18th highest rated senior (any position) before the season began. He might not be as unknown as you think if he was this highly thought of before the 2002 college season even began.

http://saintsreport.com/columns/mikedetillier/mikereport.shtml

Last edited:

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
Hes a Cardinal now HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THE GUY?
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I even gave stone a chance! :thumbup:

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading in todays AZCentral article it did say that Pace often lined up over the tackle in a 3-4 D. I did not know that. If he had 8 sacks last year having to come over the tackle then, if he really has the speed, may end up being a decent rusher from the edge.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Reading in todays AZCentral article it did say that Pace often lined up over the tackle in a 3-4 D. I did not know that. If he had 8 sacks last year having to come over the tackle then, if he really has the speed, may end up being a decent rusher from the edge.

they played a 3-4 but Wake played a lot of, especially later in the year, a hybrid defense of 4-2-5. With one of the linebackers being a strong safety. Teams passed on them an awful lot last year...they had very inexperienced secondary. But yes, he mostly lined up right over the tackle.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

It's much harder to get sacks, than the way Suggs did....lined up 5 yards or so off the tackle.

If we had drafted Suggs, teams would've gained 100 yards a week running at his side and I think that was the Cards logic.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
It's much harder to get sacks, than the way Suggs did....lined up 5 yards or so off the tackle.

If we had drafted Suggs, teams would've gained 100 yards a week running at his side and I think that was the Cards logic.

I was pleased to find out that he got his sacks after first fighting of an OT. Now, whether they were great tackles or not I do not know but I like it none the less.

I am not taking anything away from Suggs. I wanted him but I also want a Mercedes convertable.....Instead I have a mini van....Can't have everything.