Let's draft TJ Watt

OP
OP
Reign Blood

Reign Blood

Tattooed Hundredaire
Reaction score
Wow awesome response...

Having two brothers in the league TJ has the pedigree to be a great player in the nfl. He would fit nicely in the rotation with Golden on the outside also we could do a trade down and still land him.

I'm a Foster guy this year but I'm afraid he'll be gone at #13 and I'm not convinced the WR's class this year is THAT good.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Wow awesome response...

Having two brothers in the league TJ has the pedigree to be a great player in the nfl. He would fit nicely in the rotation with Golden on the outside also we could do a trade down and still land him.

I'm a Foster guy this year but I'm afraid he'll be gone at #13 and I'm not convinced the WR's class this year is THAT good.

LOL, posts at 1am, then re posts at 6am pissed off that nobody responded.

We have far greater needs. We have Golden and Jones coming off the edges. If he were there in the 2nd round maybe, but there's no way I would use that pick at 13.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Interesting player, likely there in round 2.

OP
OP
Reign Blood

Reign Blood

Tattooed Hundredaire
Reaction score

We have far greater needs. We have Golden and Jones coming off the edges. If he were there in the 2nd round maybe, but there's no way I would use that pick at 13.
I don't get much sleep now a days during the week.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I can see TJ going earlier than what mocks are saying. A few teams are probably in love with this guy. Wisconsin does a good job of developing players.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So what's the over/under on the number of split screens running right now as we speak? JJ on one side, TJ on the other, NFL scouts and GMs contrasting every movement, seeing if they can extrapolate a single ounce of JJ out of TJ.

Something tells me this kid would have to be the most over-analyzed non-QB in scout rooms this year. Nobody wants to mess this one up if he actually does turn out to be the next JJ.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Play him where? we already have 2 studs at OLB.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I admire people who post at 2 a.m. and then follow it up later in the morning. I'd be pissed off as well. ;)

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good pass rushers are never enough
Pluse he can rotate with them and also playing inside
The guy has the pedigree

You dont take a rotational backup in the 1st round when you have massive holes elsewhere.

We could have 4 HOF linebackers on the field at the same time, but our D will still be porous if we have a deficient DB group.

Solid All-around > elite in 1 area/lacking in others.

Case in point: LA Rams. Incredible Dline packed full of 1st rounders. Terrible overall because the LBs and DBs are lacking.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You dont take a rotational backup in the 1st round when you have massive holes elsewhere.

We could have 4 HOF linebackers on the field at the same time, but our D will still be porous if we have a deficient DB group.

Solid All-around > elite in 1 area/lacking in others.

Case in point: LA Rams. Incredible Dline packed full of 1st rounders. Terrible overall because the LBs and DBs are lacking.

so u saying the strategy is drafting for need, not getting the more talented available

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
so u saying the strategy is drafting for need, not getting the more talented available

Theres a balance. Would you take a RB at #13? We could. Fournette might be there. He could be the BPA. But with David, it doesnt seem like a good value to take a RB.

We could take a LB or RB who plays 50% of snaps, or a CB who plays 100% of snaps.

It cant be black and white, you have to be reasonable.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I admire people who post at 2 a.m. and then follow it up later in the morning. I'd be pissed off as well. ;)

I'm going to spam you at 2am and then let you have it if I dont have a bevy of responses!

We're just givin ya a hard time Reign. Sorry bout the sleep situation, that sucks I have been battling it my whole life. :(

If this kid has even a fraction of the talent and drive his brother has, I may regret being opposed to drafting him, but this is a unique draft. With Carson and Larry probably playing their last seasons, we're going to draft more based on need than in previous seasons I believe. SK is looking for guys to play this season, or atleast he should be. Drafting a backup at one of the lone positions where we are loaded is more of a long term draft choice.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to spam you at 2am and then let you have it if I dont have a bevy of responses!

We're just givin ya a hard time Reign. Sorry bout the sleep situation, that sucks I have been battling it my whole life. :(

If this kid has even a fraction of the talent and drive his brother has, I may regret being opposed to drafting him, but this is a unique draft. With Carson and Larry probably playing their last seasons, we're going to draft more based on need than in previous seasons I believe. SK is looking for guys to play this season, or atleast he should be. Drafting a backup at one of the lone positions where we are loaded is more of a long term draft choice.

I was complimenting posters like Reign Blood who post all hours of the day. IMO, it's a sign of dedication.

I will leave the evaluate of Watt to more informed posters.

OP
OP
Reign Blood

Reign Blood

Tattooed Hundredaire
Reaction score

Oh I wasn't mad at all. I don't get mad online.

Let's say Golden lights it up and wants a big deal, it's nice to have someone slip in there.

When I look at the past drafts I see busts. Of course hindsight is 20/20 but wouldn't you rather be long in the tooth rather than sign a player that turns out to be a flop?

Or maybe I'm just too hung on TJ. But here are my list of players I would want in the first two rounds...any two would be awesome and reasonable where we are at...

TJ Watt
Tim Williams
Cooper Kupp
Christian McCaffery
Davis Webb
Watson
Corey Davis
JuJu Smith
Dan Feeney
CHRIS WORMLEY
FOSTER
Conley
Kenny King
Hooker
JAKE BUTT

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Torn pec, probably done for the year. He just barely turned 28 and JJ had his first major injury just shy of his 28th birthday. The Watts are built for long term stability.