Legal Tampering period thread and Free agency 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Regarding our WR corp. If we add one or two in free agency I imagine we will try to trade one of ours to add picks. Pennies on the dollar likely.
Who do you think has value? I think only Kirk. No one wants to throw an asset at Isabella. And no one else is worth anything.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How do you know that we missed out on our main target(s)?
Well it was reported we were pursuing Linsley and Hunter. We didn’t land either. Can only work off information we possess. Do you possess any information to the contrary?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's all about guaranteed money. The Cards could've guaranteed as much, or more. Just depends on how the contract is structured.
Exactly. Money structure is almost never the deciding factor. It’s about the guarantee. Structure works like a poison pill in nba, not nfl.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well it was reported we were pursuing Linsley and Hunter. We didn’t land either. Can only work off information we possess. Do you possess any information to the contrary?
I think The sources were just a couple of guys writing for ROFTB

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
the above is laughable. Keim didn’t do anything I advocate for that year. I loudly and repeatedly DESTROYED the Bradford AND Pugh signings because we wayyyy overpaid for guys that A) were injury prone (much like I’ve done this year) and B) I didn’t think were even close to what Keim gave them.

Pretty much my same complaints about our FA decisions this season. that’s called consistency.
Yeah his claim that we were in support of that offseason is farcical.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Bradford was bad, but my all time most hated signing was the Stewart Bradley, 5 year 30 mill contact.
Of course, we had previously signed the rotting corpse of Joey Porter too. I guess Keim just doesn't know how to work free agency. He's had some really. really bad signings and not too many that have had an impact. Like mentioned earlier, there was Iupati and Veldheer. Can't think of many others.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Some players out there that I still feel fit our scheme.

Curtis Samuel
TY Hilton
Emmanuel Samuel
Marvin Jones
Breshad Perriman
Cordarrelle Patterson
John Ross
Isaiah Ford

Mike Davis
Chris Carson
Wayne Gallman

Ted Karras
Austin Reiter

Trai Turner
Kyle Long
Germain Ifedi
Mitchell Schwartz

Larry Ogunjobi
Jurell Casey

Jadeveon Clowney
Haason Reddick

William Jackson III
Casey HAyward
Desmond Trufant
Shaq Griffin

As we all know, most of these guys are older and work if they are a value signing.

Give me Curtis Samuel all day.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Who do u think has trade value
Kirk? 4/5th rounder
Isabella? 7th?
It is going to be situational. There are still a bunch of cap-strapped teams that may value a guy like Kirk or Isabella because they are young and cheap and have already a little taste of how the league works. That said this is a good WR draft so anything we get is likely limited to a pick-swap or 5th/6th rounders.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Who do you think has value? I think only Kirk. No one wants to throw an asset at Isabella. And no one else is worth anything.
I think they both bring some value to cap strapped teams who need multiple WRs. Probably not much more than 5th or 6th rounders, but experience in the league does count for something with NFL guys.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Give me Curtis Samuel all day.
I sure like him and the fact that he is not 29 helps too. I just don't know if the Cardinals view their WR corp the same way I do.

Ogunjobi is a favorite of mine as well. Has been miscast IMO the past two years in an even front. Best year was as a NT in a 3-4. 26 years old helps as well.

I am a bit shocked we haven't heard more about going after William Jackson. He seemed like a player they would pursue.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What is really interesting is unless the 49ers re-sign Trent Williams, we might have he best OL in the NFC West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson