Least talented top 10 offense?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Love our team but we are probably the least talented (skill players) of any top 10 offense (point/per game) other than Indianapolis and maybe Buffalo.

Look at the offensive talent on teams like Rams, Chargers, Vikings, and Dallas.

This team needs more talent.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What? We have one of the best WRs in the game, one of the leagues top 5 running backs in yardage, a good backup RB. We also have a QB who is more dangerous with his legs that gives us another dimension none of those team have. Would it be nice to have a great #2 WR? Yes. But there is plenty on this offense for it to be dynamic.

And I don’t see what you’re seeing with Rams have two solid WRs. And a bunch of Mediocre running backs.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And if Kyler was healthy. Kirk was getting deep on a lot of people. Kyler obviously can’t throw the ball 50 yards right now.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"other than Indianapolis and maybe Buffalo."

Buffalo's talent is not suspect.

QB - Josh Allen arguably the most talented under 25 QB
RB - Devin Singletary . Zach Moss, T J Yeldon
WR - Stephom Diggs, Cole Beasley , John Brown,
TE - Dawson Knox, Tyler Kroft

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The cards might be a little less talented skill player wise - but we have something none of the rest of them have. The best running qb in the game. He is what makes our offense special.

I think our skill players are good enough, and our offensive production depends 85% on Kyler's aggressiveness and effectiveness in any given game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone point to me the reason the Steelers are so much more talented than us on offense? We have the number 2 WR in the league and the #6 RB in the league? The Steelers have no one above either one of those guys.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can someone point to me the reason the Steelers are so much more talented than us on offense? We have the number 2 WR in the league and the #6 RB in the league? The Steelers have no one above either one of those guys.

I agree their running backs are worse than ours, but I do like their overall receiving core better. I feel our skill position players are pretty comparable.

I think the reason their offense is ranked as highly as it is has a lot to do with their defense giving them more downs than most other teams.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree their running backs are worse than ours, but I do like their overall receiving core better. I feel our skill position players are pretty comparable.

agreed. I just don't see a world where we are so talent deficient to the other top ten teams with Hop, Drake and Chase as solid weapons with also rans behind them with Fitz and Kirk. That's not the 1999 Greatest Show On Turf, but it's a solid cache of weapons.

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
agreed. I just don't see a world where we are so talent deficient to the other top ten teams with Hop, Drake and Chase as solid weapons with also rans behind them with Fitz and Kirk. That's not the 1999 Greatest Show On Turf, but it's a solid cache of weapons.

Well to start...6/7 teams ahead of us have 6x MVP award winning QB's who have won at least one Super Bowl (12 total).

BTW - Have we really upgraded offensive skill positions that much from 2018?

KK vs Rosen (significant improvement)
Added Dhop (significant improvement)
Drake vs David Johnson (neutral 2018 vs 2020)
Fitz was way better in 2018 (decrease)

So, we added a rookie (now 2nd year QB) and Dhop.

2018 - 3 win team and 14pts/game (last in NFL)
2020 - 8 or 9 wins and 8th in the NFL (22.6/game)

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What? We have one of the best WRs in the game, one of the leagues top 5 running backs in yardage, a good backup RB. We also have a QB who is more dangerous with his legs that gives us another dimension none of those team have. Would it be nice to have a great #2 WR? Yes. But there is plenty on this offense for it to be dynamic.

And I don’t see what you’re seeing with Rams have two solid WRs. And a bunch of Mediocre running backs.

Exactly. This is another board over-reaction because we lost a game we had no business losing. Doesn't mean the talent isn't there.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the offense scores 35 and we lose, KK is a bad playcaller.
If we score 32 and win against a tough Buffalo team, it was only because a fluke hail mary.
If our defense finally plays well and makes Cam look pedestrian, our offense is terrible, our coach needs to be fired, and we need to sit KM.

Teams that go from being the worst team in the league, need to learn how to win. In two years, we went from being the worst team in the league to a middle of the pack team that is competitive in almost every game.

Baby steps people.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well to start...6/7 teams ahead of us have 6x MVP award winning QB's who have won at least one Super Bowl (12 total).

BTW - Have we really upgraded offensive skill positions that much from 2018?

KK vs Rosen (significant improvement)
Added Dhop (significant improvement)
Drake vs David Johnson (neutral 2018 vs 2020)
Fitz was way better in 2018 (decrease)

So, we added a rookie (now 2nd year QB) and Dhop.

2018 - 3 win team and 14pts/game
2020 - 8 or 9 wins and 8th in the NFL (22.6/game)

jesus. That’s massive spin. Bottom line... two weeks ago we had a QB playing an MVP Level, the Best WR in the game, a stable of productive runnings backs and some guys at WR.

and why are you comparing us against two years ago? You should be comparing us...

forget it. You’re right. An offense with a Nunber 1 pick at QB, the best WR in the game, the sixth highest rushing leader in the game, a good 3rd down back behind him is really talent deficient.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hop is elite.

Chase is good.

Drake is decent.

Kirk is...man...okay I guess. Lost a lot of faith in him yesterday.

Fitz is a legend, but washed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we are the least talented top 10 offense that could only mean we have a good coach could it not?

except we’re not even close to being the least talented top 10 offense in the league.

We have a dynamic Nunber 1 pick at QB who is a dual threat unlike any other in the top ten.

We have the best WR in the game.

we have the sixth highest rushing RB.

we have a very good 3rd down back/backup running back.

And are you saying Fitz and Kirk suck? They’re not incredible #2 and 3 WRs, but they’re good enough considering all the other weapons.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We definitely have more talented skill players than than Indy & GB. No question. They just have better OLs.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
And if Kyler was healthy. Kirk was getting deep on a lot of people. Kyler obviously can’t throw the ball 50 yards right now.
Disagree there, I think he can even with his shoulder now if you look at the ease he can launch that distance... it's running till his shoulder heals which makes his game leery

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Since it is a team sport (from owner down to locker room attendant), we are as talented as our record says we are. The sum has to be greater than the individual parts.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Offensive line

hate to say it cardinals fans but we have one of the best in the business

add that to our skill players and we are one of the more talented offenses in the league..... though with the line I think we are coaching up a bunch of average guys

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Offensive line

hate to say it cardinals fans but we have one of the best in the business

add that to our skill players and we are one of the more talented offenses in the league..... though with the line I think we are coaching up a bunch of average guys

i don’t know if they’re one of the best in the business but they’re pretty solid.

the notion that were somehow talent depleted on offense just makes very little sense to me.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The offensive line needs to do a much, MUCH better job in pass pro. Soooo many times we'd be screwed/games would be lost if KM didn't have the legs. Way too many free runners at the QB and jail break blitzes that aren't picked up.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No I don't believe that.

I think we have plenty of talent but some rather poor, conservative coaching and a pedestrian play book.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

I think it's a QB with tons of experience and the ability to read defenses well and can go through his progressions better and maybe, just maybe an OC who knows his offensive players and can really tune into what they are good at and use them to the fullest.

We go on and on about Murray's ability to run, but what is the primary job of the QB? The answer is throwing the ball and knowing where to go with it and the ability to read defenses and go through the progressions which is what Rottenburger has the ability to do. He also does a good job of spreading the ball around and they making good use of their TEs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose