League is a joke (Final play)

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Embarrassing.

What is embarrassing was the play of David Johnson and Patrick Peterson. Watching the post-game interviews and Kyler Murray is furious. Players need to get with the program or find another gig. The team has a leader now. Officiating is not the problem. People cashing paychecks and behaving like babies is a problem

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
What is embarrassing was the play of David Johnson and Patrick Peterson. Watching the post-game interviews and Kyler Murray is furious. Players need to get with the program or find another gig. The team has a leader now. Officiating is not the problem. People cashing paychecks and behaving like babies is a problem
Totally agree. I can tell you that nearly every Cardinals fan I talking too around me at the game today are clearly saying #21 isn’t committed to the Arizona Cardinals, at times loafing & DJ isn’t the same RB.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The defender was playing the ball so I'm not sure you could call it PI

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The play took place right in front of Mr. B and Keim:

You must be registered for see images attach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
NFL likes the home teams to win. Straight up.

Keeps butts in the seats.

If attendance is the NFL’s measure of success, they are not doing a good job. Empty seats across the league. Maybe people don’t want politics in their sports and 30 minutes of booth reviews

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was a twofer. The gave the Bucs one that shouldn't of. (initiated by the league office)
Then didn't give us one they should of (and didn't even look at it, as determined by also the league office)

On the Bucs one, the legs got tangled, and the ball was 8 yards deeper and a number of yards towards the sideline. Even if you can call it a potential PI, it has to be catchable.

The runner wasn't at full speed but slowing down to make a cut as well. No way he gets there in a second.

It's supposed to be clear and obvious. But how can you call something where it is a stretch to think he could ever reach the ball 'clear and obvious'?

I can get it if it was a bad judgment call by a ref to throw the flag. But what makes this egregious, is that the league office initiated and did this, afoul of the rule. They can look at where the ball is, the circumstances of everything. They could clearly see it wasn't catchable and definitely not 'clear and obvious'.

Then screwed us on the other end, not even looking at it.

If this is how the rule is, then someone is likely getting screwed in the playoffs. I for one will laugh at the idiocy the NFL has done to itself. This is a shot across the bow for the league. This is a far screwier situation than what happened last year. They created a problem out of nothing.

I'm madder at this idiocy even being possible than anything else really. We're a bad team. We're not making the playoffs. This actually helps us long term potentially by maybe giving us a higher draft pick.

But no game should end like this ever. It's worse than the playoff game last year. 10x worse. Just with almost no consequences that matter. Except again highlight they have a major hole that could screw over some team when it matters and the outrage will dwarf what happened last year.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
God as my witness, I did not know there was such a thing as a booth review for P.I....

So on the final play... I was like... Well cool, good thing there is... *CRICKETS*

Officiating is a fuggin joke in this league.

Oh well, we didn't deserve to win anyway.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do what? I’m sorry but it was more blatant than the one that gave the Bucs the win. He played the ball about as well as I did from my seat at the stadium :lol:

I was in mexico all weekend and just watched the 15 minute highlight video when I got home. Rewound and watched that again. He did hit cooper before the ball was there but he was looking at and playing the ball. I am not sure how it works if you run through someone going to the ball.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I was in mexico all weekend and just watched the 15 minute highlight video when I got home. Rewound and watched that again. He did hit cooper before the ball was there but he was looking at and playing the ball. I am not sure how it works if you run through someone going to the ball.

It helps if a DB is playing the ball, that's true, but you can't ever go through the receiver, no matter what.

Still, if the game comes down to one call by the official you only have yourself, as a team, to blame. There were five other mistakes the Cardinals could have corrected themselves so that the outcome would have not hinged on the fickle nature of NFL officiating.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Even though the officiating sucks, no one can argue your point. Let's hope that Murray's insatiable desire to win will be what turns this franchise around.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It helps if a DB is playing the ball, that's true, but you can't ever go through the receiver, no matter what.

Still, if the game comes down to one call by the official you only have yourself, as a team, to blame. There were five other mistakes the Cardinals could have corrected themselves so that the outcome would have not hinged on the fickle nature of NFL officiating.

100%. Even in the highlights on youtube we left a lot of points on the table.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It’s this simple: Do away with the rule that allows for booth reviews on PI. It’s a joke and a slippery slope. We’re one crucial Super Bowl missed holding call away from all judgement calls being reviewable.

Also, the fact that the officials didn’t want to review it at the last minute reeks of them wanting to go home immediately to avoid possible overtime. Even with that garbage rule in place, do your G.D. job.

Angry rant over....for now.

:soapbox:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It’s this simple: Do away with the rule that allows for booth reviews on PI. It’s a joke and a slippery slope. We’re one crucial Super Bowl missed holding call away from all judgement calls being reviewable.

Also, the fact that the officials didn’t want to review it at the last minute reeks of them wanting to go home immediately to avoid possible overtime. Even with that garbage rule in place, do your G.D. job.

Angry rant over....for now.

:soapbox:

Did you see your boy Suge down on the sidelines with MB? Looks like they're still homies. :)

You still really, really really down on Suge? Like "if-he-comes-back-next-year-it's-the-apocalypse" down? Or just "we-need-to-let-him-go-right-now, or-maybe-at the-end-of-the-season" down?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You are allowed to make a play on the ball, but you are not allowed to go through someone to make a play on the ball. Any other time of the game, that is PI.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Did you see your boy Suge down on the sidelines with MB? Looks like they're still homies. :)

You still really, really really down on Suge? Like "if-he-comes-back-next-year-it's-the-apocalypse" down? Or just "we-need-to-let-him-go-right-now, or-maybe-at the-end-of-the-season" down?

If you want to progress as a team and bring quality talent via the draft, you have to run Suge White out of town. Simple. I know it's highly unlikely he's canned as he's tied to KK and K1 and is MB's friend, but we can definitely upgrade at the GM spot.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I swear to all things holy, if I wasn't used to us getting the short end of the stick in my 42 years opf being a Cards fan, I would walk away from the NFL forever. I love the game and sports, period to do that, but this league is heading down a dangerous path if they keep this s*** up.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swear to all things holy, if I wasn't used to us getting the short end of the stick in my 42 years opf being a Cards fan, I would walk away from the NFL forever. I love the game and sports, period to do that, but this league is heading down a dangerous path if they keep this s*** up.

If we were a high profile team, or if we were at home, I believe that this play would have been reviewed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose