Lawrence Phillips Named In Death Of Cellmate

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Phillips was drafted sixth overall in the 1996 NFL Draft by the St. Louis Rams despite his considerable character issues. He was a thug throughout his college and pro career and obviously still is.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I remember when he was with the Niners and ran for a big TD against us on MNF. That was the same game that Aeneas Williams ended Steve Young's career with a big hit.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I remember when he was with the Niners and ran for a big TD against us on MNF. That was the same game that Aeneas Williams ended Steve Young's career with a big hit.

Don't 9ers fans blame that hit on Phillips for missing the block?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Dick Vermeil weeps

Sent from my intergalactic transmorgapher

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In my opinion a perfect example of a star athlete coddled his whole life because he could play ball. Tom Osborne really screwed him up by lifting his suspension (for dragging his girlfriend down a flight if stairs) so he could play in the Bowl Game in order for Nebraska to win. At that time he said "It was not fair to take the only structure Phillips had in his life away". Total BS. Hey Tom Look at where Phillips is now.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two homicides in the same prison on the same day... :grabs:

----------------------------

Inmate Deaths at Kern Valley State Prison Being Investigated as Homicides

http://cdcrtoday.blogspot.com/2015/04/inmate-deaths-at-kern-valley-state.html

As well as the homicide linked to Phillips, the statement says prisoner Rattabak Kim, 41, died as a result of a homicide on Saturday, April 11. Kim’s cellmate, John Munoz, 24, has been named as a suspect in the case.

-----------------------------

Here is who Phillips (allegedly) killed:

Damion Soward: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

http://heavy.com/news/2015/04/damio...inland-empire-homicide-nfl-nebraska-dead-bio/

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ex players who become nothing are a dime a dozen

I do feel sorry for some of them, because once you hit prison...chances of getting out are almost none...you have to choose sides in there...staying out of trouble isn't an option.

Reaction score
Total BS. Hey Tom Look at where Phillips is now.
He has structure in his life now. . . :|

Following his ouster from the NFL, I recall a story about Phillips in a pick up football game with some teenagers in a park out in SoCal. Phillips got mad for some reason and walks off, gets in his car and attempts to run the kids down. . .

Dude is right where he belongs, looks like he can settle in cause he is gonna be there a long while.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ex players who become nothing are a dime a dozen

I do feel sorry for some of them, because once you hit prison...chances of getting out are almost none...you have to choose sides in there...staying out of trouble isn't an option.

This mostly incorrect.. Most get out as long as it isn't murder.. The chances of staying out of prison once you get out is the problem.. You can't just send a human to prison, subject them to hardened criminals, and expect them to be A OK upon release..

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
......You can't just send a human to prison, subject them to hardened criminals, and expect them to be A OK upon release..

So what percentage of inmates do you think are "hardened criminals" and what percentage outside that category? With the premium on incarceration space and the push by the Federal Government to "decriminalize" the so called "non violent offenses" I thought the aim was to have only "hardened criminals" incarcerated?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson