Last Comic Standing 4

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
phillycard said:
Guys, how bout this little tidbit? I did a show Saturday night with a very established comedian who performs on both coasts. He told me that the judges knew most of these guys, and have seen them perform many times. A few were even managed and booked for shows by them. The worst thing is that NBC has final say on who advances. They want to pick the most volatile mix to keep viewers intrigued. That kind of sapped my enthusiasm for the show. :|

I wondered about that when they kept complaining about Buckstar, yet allowing him to visit every stop, and putting it on TV.

Another question, my girlfriend and I were both under the impression that John Heffron and Alonzo Boden were both on the same season, yet they keep saying John won season 2, and Alonzo season 3? Are we just remembering wrong? We both strongly remember debating which of the 2 was funnier, I liked John, she liked Alonzo. Or did Alonzo come back on season 3 the way Ant did on season 1 and 2?

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
phillycard said:
Guys, how bout this little tidbit? I did a show Saturday night with a very established comedian who performs on both coasts. He told me that the judges knew most of these guys, and have seen them perform many times. A few were even managed and booked for shows by them. The worst thing is that NBC has final say on who advances. They want to pick the most volatile mix to keep viewers intrigued. That kind of sapped my enthusiasm for the show. :|

I think Jay Mohr and a few others brought this up at the end of last season.

I still think Ralphie May should of won.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Another question, my girlfriend and I were both under the impression that John Heffron and Alonzo Bodden were both on the same season, yet they keep saying John won season 2, and Alonzo season 3? Are we just remembering wrong? We both strongly remember debating which of the 2 was funnier, I liked John, she liked Alonzo. Or did Alonzo come back on season 3 the way Ant did on season 1 and 2?

Recap:

Last Comic Standing: Season 1 won by Dat Phan.
Last Comic Standing: Season 2 won by John Heffron.
Last Comic Standing: Season 3 won by Alonzo Bodden.

Season 3 was basically Season 1 vs. Season 2 and the finale only aired on Comdey Central after a delay.

BTW: Ant was on Season 1, 2, and 3.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Recap:

Last Comic Standing: Season 1 won by Dat Phan.
Last Comic Standing: Season 2 won by John Heffron.
Last Comic Standing: Season 3 won by Alonzo Bodden.

Season 3 was basically Season 1 vs. Season 2 and the finale only aired on Comdey Central after a delay.

BTW: Ant was on Season 1, 2, and 3.

thanks, that explains it then. Alonzo WAS on season 2, didn't beat John, but then won season 3 because he was back on then?

I still think the hide and go seek game with Dat Phan is the funniest thing I've seen on this show. The others simply stopped playing and went into the kitchen to eat, while Dat stayed hidden for what seemed like hours. the look on his face when he finally realized nobody was looking for him was hysterical.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dave Mordal should have one Season 1. I was a pretty big Ralphie May fan, but that sarcasm stuff, when done well is just awesome.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
The red head with hot knocks isn't too funny. She's easy on the eyes, but her comedy isn't good.

I thought the bald guy got screwed. Same with the Jewish guy

I figured she got an exemption. Kathy probably likes her because she's a redhead, and the guys because of the afforementioned "assets". I agree she wasn't all that funny.

the guy with Cerebral Palsy is really quite good, his crack about being busted for being drunk and held for a week "dude what DID you drink" was hysterical. Unfortunately he reminds me too much of Screech.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
The guy with Cerebal Palsy is pretty funny. Unfortunately though people who tell jokes constantly about one thing will eventually run thin with me.

Eventually he'll have to show diversity in his jokes.

That Porter guy on the other hand is pretty good. Plus he's a ringer for that guy from Rocket Man.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't blame Jay Mohr for not being the host anymore.

The show is bull.

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
jkf296 said:

The show is bull.

seriously. as i was watching doug benson, i was thinking "this guy's going to win the whole thing." then they were calling names and i kept waiting for him to be called. then they had their "twist." and i was like, "oh, here's where they call him in." nothing. i was so pissed. seriously, roz? ugh. that short chick with her idiotic stairmaster joke that wouldn't end? ugh. the pregnant chick who told jokes that you could here at any nail salon in jersey? ugh. bill dwyer, aka the most boring guy on earth. ugh.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those selections were bunk. Total BS. I seriously might not watch it on principle now--hell, forget principle, I'll watch it because the comedians they selected aren't funny.

They may as well have put Buckstar on the show.

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
jenna2891 said:
i was so pissed. seriously, roz? ugh.

Agreed, loud and not funny...

jenna2891 said:
that short chick with her idiotic stairmaster joke that wouldn't end? ugh.

This one was just painful... She walked away and I was thinking, "man that was rough"... They called her and I was just shocked...

jenna2891 said:
the pregnant chick who told jokes that you could here at any nail salon in jersey? ugh.

Another dead on analysis... The perfect stereotype fit... they moved her forward so that she can give birth during the show...

jenna2891 said:
bill dwyer, aka the most boring guy on earth. ugh.

Agreed again... My question is... Wasn't this supposed to be based on audience votes, or was that just for the audience choice award? Wasn't it supposed to be the top scorers based on the audience opinions, because if it was there is no way those people moved forward... This kind of happened in another season too, the one where Drew Carey got all pissed off saying that he did not understand what they were doing...

It is all for the drama in the house... Total BS, IMO

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
CardFan67 said:
Agreed again... My question is... Wasn't this supposed to be based on audience votes, or was that just for the audience choice award? Wasn't it supposed to be the top scorers based on the audience opinions, because if it was there is no way those people moved forward... This kind of happened in another season too, the one where Drew Carey got all pissed off saying that he did not understand what they were doing...

It is all for the drama in the house... Total BS, IMO

only one person per night gets in because of audience votes. josh blue and the inglesias guy won, both of whom i think are going to get really old really fast.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one amazed at who they picked. I thought the first half was bad but the 2nd half was ridiculous. Like everyone else I'm convinced they picked based on who they think will be most interesting in the house, not on comedic talent.

FYI Jay Mohr isn't the host, but he's still involved, his name is in the credits at the beginning, something like assistant producer or something.

And good call I'd forgotten about the Drew Carey outburst in season one but he was dead on, they're not picking the best comics, they're casting for a reality show.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Chris Porter or the Iglesias guy will win.

Why are guys like Bill Dwyer, Doug Benson, and Iglesias in this contest? They are all on tv.

I half expect Doug Benson to make fun of himself on Best Week Ever.

I've seen Iglesias perform a few times on Comedy Central.

Problem is , we are all complaining about the show, but it's apparent we are all still watching it anyway.

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
Louis said:
Problem is , we are all complaining about the show, but it's apparent we are all still watching it anyway.

Great point... the worst part is, I did not say I won't watch because for some screwed up reason I know damn well I will have that sucker on every week.... and even if I miss it I will still end up watching the replay on Bravo...:confused:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
And good call I'd forgotten about the Drew Carey outburst in season one but he was dead on, they're not picking the best comics, they're casting for a reality show.

That's what I was trying to tell you guys. The producers know these cats. Many have even been managed by those involved in the selection process. It really is a total sham.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
phillycard said:
That's what I was trying to tell you guys. The producers know these cats. Many have even been managed by those involved in the selection process. It really is a total sham.

Yeah I was watching a reality scam show on VH1 and they brought this up. Drew Carey and Bret Butler got pissed because the judges votes didn't matter and 2 comics got in because a producer that managed them selected them. I forget one but the other was Ant(who's whole bit seems to be being gay).

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
jkf296 said:

The show is bull.

Do you blame Jay Mohr for not being funny?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you notice in the opening credits that Jay Mohr is a "consultant" to the show? The only one listed. I wonder if he's still somehow contractually involved but refused to host?

Also, I like Bill Dwyer. I think he'll do very well. In fact, I think he's my front-runner. He's pretty polished.

I hate myself for still watching.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
FYI Jay Mohr isn't the host, but he's still involved, his name is in the credits at the beginning, something like assistant producer or something.
Whoops. Russ caught it first. Didn't see this post until after I posted the above.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard