LAL/GSW to face PHO

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That would be ideal. The Lakers lose to the Warriors and then get beat by the Jazz. The Suns would still have to face the Warriors and the Jazz, which is no picnic.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
yeah man... I’m pretty pessimistic about a Lakers opening round. And I’m REAL not happy about it. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to eat ALL the crow on my thoughts going into that series match up. I just think the Lakers are the worst possible matchup for us, especially right out of the gate.

if it was any other team in the west, I’d be calling for a series win. I just think the Lakers are our cryptonite in every way, both physically on the floor and mentally with their experience.

I'm more concerned that they are probably going to get every possible break from the refs, on top of the other advantages.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be ideal. The Lakers lose to the Warriors and then get beat by the Jazz. The Suns would still have to face the Warriors and the Jazz, which is no picnic.

If our road to through the west lined up like Warriors in round 1, Nuggets in 2 and Jazz in 3, that looks like a hell of a lot of fun and a real good shot at landing in The Finals.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well. The Lakers could win and LeBron could really tweak that ankle again. Kuzma could decide he is the star and Schroeder could pout?

Gotta think like a fan sometimes.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s a placeholder coach, but I definitely think we hold a clear advantage over him.
Not sure about that. Monty is a great team-building coach and system building. But the strategies and adjustments for the playoffs are a different animal. That is where Westphal excelled. I am not saying Monty is bad at it, we just don't know.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope wiggins obure play like Michael Jordan tonight

Go warriors

Bong rip of pineapple orange kush in honor to tjhere luck :)

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If our road to through the west lined up like Warriors in round 1, Nuggets in 2 and Jazz in 3, that looks like a hell of a lot of fun and a real good shot at landing in The Finals.
I would also favor us in the Finals against anyone other than the Nets. So if got that far and it's the Bucks or the 76ers I would like our chances a lot.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s a placeholder coach, but I definitely think we hold a clear advantage over him.

I’m curious as to your reasoning why? Even taking last year’s title run away, one where Vogel had to deal with A LOT of knuckleheads and got big egos to play as one, Vogel has more Playoff experience and success than Monty.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would also favor us in the Finals against anyone other than the Nets. So if got that far and it's the Bucks or the 76ers I would like our chances a lot.

same. I’d also probably be so drunk on success and Suns kool-aid by the time the finals came around that I’d go full fanboy and predict a 7 game finals win against the Nets too if it came to that.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well. The Lakers could win and LeBron could really tweak that ankle again. Kuzma could decide he is the star and Schroeder could pout?

Gotta think like a fan sometimes.

even if Lebron is out, our real problem is Davis not him.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
same. I’d also probably be so drunk on success and Suns kool-aid by the time the finals came around that I’d go full fanboy and predict a 7 game finals win against the Nets too if it came to that.
I have no idea how anyone is taking out the Nets if they stay healthy. They can literally just outpace anyone with their scoring.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how anyone is taking out the Nets if they stay healthy. They can literally just outpace anyone with their scoring.

yeah... I’m with ya there, but like I said, if we overcame the Lakers and everyone else to get to the Finals, I will be too drunk on Kool-Aid to be rational.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
yeah... I’m with ya there, but like I said, if we overcame the Lakers and everyone else to get to the Finals, I will be too drunk on Kool-Aid to be rational.
I certainly wouldn't count the Suns out if they get all the way there. Especially if it includes beating teams like the Lakers or Clippers or potentially both.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
James Harden can win a game by himself and then add Durant and Irving.
Kind of hard to tell nash is as a coach with theose 3 all stars

Be interesting to see how nash handles nets rotation in poffs

In a way be amazing to nash get ring as a hc

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just cannot understand why Jones had no interest in Dieng.

Would like our chances against the Lakers so much more if he was on the team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of hard to tell nash is as a coach with theose 3 all stars

Be interesting to see how nash handles nets rotation in poffs

In a way be amazing to nash get ring as a hc

With those three players I think Nash mostly works on chemistry and stays out of the way.

Nash has a good chance to win a ring if everyone stays healthy.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
People are worried about the Lakers.. I am sitting here like well we shouldn’t over look the Warriors also.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Didn't Dieng have a clash with one of the Suns players.. maybe Booker?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

same. Still think we’d lose, but we’d put up a nether fight with more beef coming off the bench.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People are worried about the Lakers.. I am sitting here like well we shouldn’t over look the Warriors also.

I think the Warriors would be a good test, and by no means an easy series. But I think ultimately it would be a W in 6 or 7 games.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn