LAL/GSW to face PHO

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Watching the game end of the game down in the OC (Fountain Valley to be precise) and I fought the good fight.

Yelled obnoxiously everytime GSW made a play. My GF is an Angeleno and she tried to get me to quiet down. Any Suns fan understands:. We HATE THE LAKERS. So insufferable. LeBron James just makes them more smarmy, more *******.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no doubt the refs are going to kill us. Short of playing near perfectly, or LeBron/Davis going down with an injury, this is going to be the biggest of all uphill battles.

If the Lakers are healthy and up to game speed, they won't need the refs to kill us. But that won't stop the refs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching the game end of the game down in the OC (Fountain Valley to be precise) and I fought the good fight.

Yelled obnoxiously everytime GSW made a play. My GF is an Angeleno and she tried to get me to quiet down. Any Suns fan understands:. We HATE THE LAKERS. So insufferable. LeBron James just makes them more smarmy, more *******.

there is no franchise I could possibly hate more.

Seahawks? Yeah... I REALLY don’t like this team but the Cardinals have only been “rivals” with them for about seven years.
Rams? I dislike that they always kill our QB but I don’t have bile in my mouth just thinking about them.
Niners? Eh
Spurs? As much as I hate, I still respect the hell out of Pop too much and the fact that they built a dynasty in that ******** of a town.

But the Lakers? Hate isn’t even a strong enough word. Since the day I became a fan in 1988, they’ve more often than not stood in our way to get a title. In the years they beat us, they normally won the title. In the years they didn’t, we STILL couldn’t win a title. 33 years of them being better than us. Winning 7 titles. Going to the Finals more times than I even want to count. While I’ve seen us get to the Finals... once.

We are the Boston Red Sox to the Lakers Yankees. Guess Boston finally got over that at some point. Maybe we will too. But prob not this year.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no doubt the refs are going to kill us. Short of playing near perfectly, or LeBron/Davis going down with an injury, this is going to be the biggest of all uphill battles.

It's going to be a tough series but the Suns didn't win 51 games by being lucky.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's going to be a tough series but the Suns didn't win 51 games by being lucky.

Yeah right. Maybe we make a good fight of it. The Suns need to let it all hang out and get physical...back. We can't go in like the playoff virgins that we are. Suns need to act like they belong and not get intimidated

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah right. Maybe we make a good fight of it. The Suns need to let it all hang out and get physical...back. We can't go in like the playoff virgins that we are. Suns need to act like they belong and not get intimidated

Suns gotta have the attitude the bigger they are, the harder they fall. That's the mentality they have to have. A hungry Chris Paul should help.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Book doesn’t draw near the attention Steph does. He’s going to have plenty of opportunity to light it up.

Also Mikal needs to dial up his inner Bruce **** Bowen and nail those corner 3’s.[/QUOTE
]

He's going to need to have his feet under the Lakers feet when they are coming down from their jumpers

Last edited:

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
In all honesty, GS had a shot at winning this game. Looking at their roster tonight, other than Steph and maybe Draymond; who on their team would you want playing meaningful minutes?

Once you get past Steph and Wiggins, that team does not have another player on offense that anyone would worry about. I think we've got better shooters and better defense than the dubs. LET'S GO!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
there is no franchise I could possibly hate more.

Seahawks? Yeah... I REALLY don’t like this team but the Cardinals have only been “rivals” with them for about seven years.
Rams? I dislike that they always kill our QB but I don’t have bile in my mouth just thinking about them.
Niners? Eh
Spurs? As much as I hate, I still respect the hell out of Pop too much and the fact that they built a dynasty in that ******** of a town.

But the Lakers? Hate isn’t even a strong enough word. Since the day I became a fan in 1988, they’ve more often than not stood in our way to get a title. In the years they beat us, they normally won the title. In the years they didn’t, we STILL couldn’t win a title. 33 years of them being better than us. Winning 7 titles. Going to the Finals more times than I even want to count. While I’ve seen us get to the Finals... once.

We are the Boston Red Sox to the Lakers Yankees. Guess Boston finally got over that at some point. Maybe we will too. But prob not this year.

I agree. Phoenix sports fans SHOULD detest the Lakers and all of the fakeness they stand for.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The refs were garbage tonight. However, Warriors beat themselves with a very sloppy and out of control third and poor coaching decisions.

Yeah the turnovers and in the 4th Q the young guys weren't ready for the moment IMO.

Bay area media is up in arms about 2 no calls. the timeout on the last possession Kerr lost several seconds because the ref didn't react and call it. Curry got the inbounds and hesitated I think he thought they were going to foul him so he was trying to be ready to shoot. then he starts forward and kerr is yelling for a timeout but they didn't call it until 2.1 left.

The other one is the one I asked about last night. they showed it on NBA tv this morning, Warriors score, ball thrown to LeBron by teammate, he doesn't catch it cleanly, out of bounds and it goes inbounds to Wiggins and they blow the play dead as lebron jumps inbounds to play defense. They then showed a play last year against the Pelicans where he inbounds to Kuzma and he just steps inbounds, dribbles the ball once and then hands it to Kuzma, the ref was stunned, but he called the violation. They then asked why is one a violation and the other is a dead ball? Is there a rule that says he has to catch the ball cleanly and possess it before it counts and none of the guys in studio were aware of it. I hope they ask one of their ref experts that's the only thing I can fathom that he has to actually catch and hold the ball before possession to inbounds starts?

Great game, sucky ending

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The other one is the one I asked about last night. they showed it on NBA tv this morning, Warriors score, ball thrown to LeBron by teammate, he doesn't catch it cleanly, out of bounds and it goes inbounds to Wiggins and they blow the play dead as lebron jumps inbounds to play defense. They then showed a play last year against the Pelicans where he inbounds to Kuzma and he just steps inbounds, dribbles the ball once and then hands it to Kuzma, the ref was stunned, but he called the violation. They then asked why is one a violation and the other is a dead ball? Is there a rule that says he has to catch the ball cleanly and possess it before it counts and none of the guys in studio were aware of it. I hope they ask one of their ref experts that's the only thing I can fathom that he has to actually catch and hold the ball before possession to inbounds starts?

I've seen other plays where the inbounding player doesn't receive the ball cleanly and it fumbles back onto the court, and they just inbound again. I don't think there's been a whistle in any of the times I've seen, maybe because no opposing player has tried to play the ball on the court. I suspect there's a rule that the inbounding player has to possess the ball cleanly before the inbound can be attempted. For one thing, the official has to know when to start the five-second count. If that is a rule, it's routinely violated when teams just bat the ball back in play after a made basket in order to get a quicker start to their possession. So like so many other NBA rules (if it is one, in this case), we're so used to seeing it unenforced that it surprises us when they decide to enforce it.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First time i've enjoyed anything form espn last night, the commentators. They showed no bias on the foul calls and were outright honest about them. Them calling lebron on taking his time and trying to sell his eye-foul. The draymond fouls on the flops during the screens. The eye poke non flagrant. Usually commentators shy way from that stuff.

The fumbled inbounds by lebron was puzzling. i still cant get my head around it, it was after a Warriors make. Ref decides to reset anyway???

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen other plays where the inbounding player doesn't receive the ball cleanly and it fumbles back onto the court, and they just inbound again. I don't think there's been a whistle in any of the times I've seen, maybe because no opposing player has tried to play the ball on the court. I suspect there's a rule that the inbounding player has to possess the ball cleanly before the inbound can be attempted. For one thing, the official has to know when to start the five-second count. If that is a rule, it's routinely violated when teams just bat the ball back in play after a made basket in order to get a quicker start to their possession. So like so many other NBA rules (if it is one, in this case), we're so used to seeing it unenforced that it surprises us when they decide to enforce it.

I'm assuming that's the case too and nobody knew the rule. The difference in the Pelicans one is he's holding the ball and walks inbounds with it. In this one he never held it he just fumbled the catch and it went back inbounds.

The closest I've ever seen was in a UCLA game years ago, Reeves Nelson got pissed at a teammate and as Brendan Lane is going out of bounds to inbound it Nelson fired the ball at him and it bounced off Lane back inbounds. Because he wasn't fully out nothing was called but the announcers, after pointing out how juvenile it was to fire the ball at his teammate, pointed out if Lane had been out of bounds, that would have been a violation. But that's college and they may have been wrong.

Didn't change the game just one of those I wish I knew the rule plays.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
apoglogies in advance for my obsession on this call but you guys know me by now (-:

Finally found a video of the inbounds play. how is this not either a violation or Warriors ball?

The first explanation says a ref told them LeBron has to have possession of the ball first. But it's not clear which ref or where that rule is if you read the comments teh actual rule doesn't seem to say that

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
apoglogies in advance for my obsession on this call but you guys know me by now (-:

Finally found a video of the inbounds play. how is this not either a violation or Warriors ball?

Looked like he just fumbled it when he tried to catch it. Not sure that should be a turnover as he never had control of the ball.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The first explanation says a ref told them LeBron has to have possession of the ball first. But it's not clear which ref or where that rule is if you read the comments teh actual rule doesn't seem to say that

I didn't catch this before but one of the Warriors guys on tv pointed it out. If you watch, the ref actually starts the 5 count before Lebron loses the ball inbounds so they're claiming it's not live because he never had control of the ball, but the ref started the 5 count which implies he thought Lebron had control

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I didn't catch this before but one of the Warriors guys on tv pointed it out. If you watch, the ref actually starts the 5 count before Lebron loses the ball inbounds so they're claiming it's not live because he never had control of the ball, but the ref started the 5 count which implies he thought Lebron had control
He may very well have just assumed that he was about to have control and out of habit started the count. LeBron didn't have the ball in his hand long enough to for the ref to actually think it out IMO.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looked like he just fumbled it when he tried to catch it. Not sure that should be a turnover as he never had control of the ball.

see next post I missed this but the ref actually started the 5 count which they only do if they think the player has control of the ball.

I agree with you it's debatable if they did. The point NBC Sports Bay area is making is had that ball gone in to a Laker player, they would NOT have stopped the play and run it over, they would have just allowed it. They only stopped it because Wiggins got the ball.

FWIW the play Kerr is complaining about is the Lebron taking a charge on Toscano Anderson call. The Warriors had to challenge it, they got it overturned but then on the flop by Matthews on the Draymond screen, they couldn't challenge it. Kerr said we were furious clearly that was a flop and would have been overturned but we had no challenge because we had to use it on what was clearly a bad call earlier.

I hope the Suns beat the Lakers.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He may very well have just assumed that he was about to have control and out of habit started the count. LeBron didn't have the ball in his hand long enough to for the ref to actually think it out IMO.

I don't know a guy on Warriors world said the same thing happened in the first half and the ball went in to Schroder and the refs let the play go. I don't have the game recorded and he didn't post video so I can't verify it.

My personal opinion is if that ball had gone to a Laker, they would NOT have stopped the play but I admit I'm biased