Kyler Murray: We need to get the little things right

Krangthebrain

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We'll see if he was right. Unfortunately, our DC is an idiot that wouldn't use Simmons.

One thing to consider is that on one of his very first snaps (if not his first), he was dreadfully out of position and gave up a long TD.

I think Simmons wasn't quite ready (which could also be an indictment on the defensive coaching staff) early in the season. I understand him not starting, but I don't understand the lack of snaps early in the year. He should have been integrated sooner.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
One thing to consider is that on one of his very first snaps (if not his first), he was dreadfully out of position and gave up a long TD.

I think Simmons wasn't quite ready (which could also be an indictment on the defensive coaching staff) early in the season. I understand him not starting, but I don't understand the lack of snaps early in the year. He should have been integrated sooner.

Yep, exactly. I can understand his early struggles to get onto the field, but NOT when he was clearly showing he could ball later in the season.

Krangthebrain

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yep, exactly. I can understand his early struggles to get onto the field, but NOT when he was clearly showing he could ball later in the season.

What I saw at the end of the season was a lot more reassuring than earlier in the season. I think Simmons is going to be Karlos Dansby good long term.

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
What I saw at the end of the season was a lot more reassuring than earlier in the season. I think Simmons is going to be Karlos Dansby good long term.
I agree. Even KD had his struggles his first year or so. I remember the coaching staff calling him out on understanding the difference between being hurt and being injured. Once he figured everything out he was great and I hope Simmons follows that same path.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tally Cardinal