Kyler Murray Stat Line

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
22/32 (69%) for 241 yards. 0 TDs 1 Int (a pick six).

4 rushes for 27 yards (6.8 per carry) 1 TD

Sacked four times.

Against a very good SEA defense, I thought Murray looked pretty pedestrian. The pick six was ugly, and put us in a hole.

The rushing TD did provide a glimmer of hope, making it 20-10.

What did everyone think?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Murray needs to take over a game and win and show the red sea why he deserved to go #1 overall. There is still time but every loss brings that day closer.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is in a bad situstion
Rookie coach who has to adjust the playbook for the nfl
Bad offensive line
Mediocre running games
Receivers also doesn't get separation
You combine all these things and I still convinced he is going to be a good qb

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
22/32 (69%) for 241 yards. 0 TDs 1 Int (a pick six).

4 rushes for 27 yards (6.8 per carry) 1 TD

Sacked four times.

Against a very good SEA defense, I thought Murray looked pretty pedestrian. The pick six was ugly, and put us in a hole.

The rushing TD did provide a glimmer of hope, making it 20-10.

What did everyone think?
News flash: The Seattle Defense is not that good.

This was mediocre IMO. The sack issue continues to creep up.

I can excuse the pick 6, but he needs to learn to throw the ball away. And our gameplan needs to expose defenses vertically, not just horizontally.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
News flash: The Seattle Defense is not that good.

This was mediocre IMO. The sack issue continues to creep up.

I can excuse the pick 6, but he needs to learn to throw the ball away. And our gameplan needs to expose defenses vertically, not just horizontally.

Yeah Seattle’s D isn’t stellar, their secondary is pretty vulnerable .

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Kyler Murray looks as good as any rookie QB we have seen in recent memory.

The true measure will always be Kyler Murray vs Rosen (in this offense) and Q or Bosa. Are we/will we be that much better with Murray?

Question - Is this offense supposed to take deep shots regularly or are they just not open? I ask because I was expecting much bigger chunk plays in the air. We seem to be grinding out every drive.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets just put it this way..he gives me no reason so far (four games into his rookie season) to think he can't be a very successful QB in this league... Maybe we need to make sure ownership is on board with building around him. Time will tell.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
They played broken Ben, mason's first snaps, Andy, and Teddy. Joke schedule.

CB's are weak.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The sacks are still an issue but damn David Johnson was bad in pass pro today. Awful.

I expected KM to be more like Russell Wilson in evading sacks but haven't seen that capability so far. Russell would flat out make people tackle air.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't watch the blocking, etc that much, but I did see DJ make a good block in pass protection the one time I noticed. Also, K1 did throw, at least one (maybe more?), passes away while being chased. So, maybe they are learning, getting better a little?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KM has to learn to throw the ball away when he is out of the pocket. These sacks he takes running around are killers. Also seems to panic a little if first read isn't open. This should get better with experience.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
today was the first time i was really disappointed in Murray. Coming off a terrible 4th quarter performance, I was really interested to see how he rebounded and wasn't impressed. He missed on a couple pretty open WRs, played Captain Checkdown otherwise and the thing that's bothering me the most, still isn't learning when to throw the ball away.

everyone played like crap today and Kyler was part of that garbage.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murray needs to take over a game and win and show the red sea why he deserved to go #1 overall. There is still time but every loss brings that day closer.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

You have to have some modicum of help to take over a game. Absolutely impossible with how bad everything is around him. Mixed bag today. Without the pick 6, he showed better decision making in throwing the ball away. Not perfect, but better. Reminds me of Archie Manning’s days in New Orleans. As bad as the team looks, without penalties, he would have been very close to 300 yards passing while completing almost 70% of his passes. Also ran for close to 40 yards & a td. Add him to a .500 team & he’ll make them an 11 win team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to have some modicum of help to take over a game. Absolutely impossible with how bad everything is around him. Mixed bag today. Without the pick 6, he showed better decision making in throwing the ball away. Not perfect, but better. Reminds me of Archie Manning’s days in New Orleans. As bad as the team looks, without penalties, he would have been very close to 300 yards passing while completing almost 70% of his passes. Also ran for close to 40 yards & a td. Add him to a .500 team & he’ll make them an 11 win team.

but you CAN'T just say take away all the bad things he did. The Pick 6 was a terrible play. The 8 yard sack on first down driving in Seattle territory at the 25 yard line was a terrible play. Yeah.. he threw for 70% but it was a Braford-esque dink and dunk 70%.

it's okay to just say he sucked today.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
but you CAN'T just say take away all the bad things he did. The Pick 6 was a terrible play. The 8 yard sack on first down driving in Seattle territory at the 25 yard line was a terrible play. Yeah.. he threw for 70% but it was a Braford-esque dink and dunk 70%.

it's okay to just say he sucked today.

I didn’t diminish the pick 6. It was a poor decision for sure. He had at least 3 nice plays called back for ticky tack calls. The sieve that we call our OL makes it difficult to create big chunk plays & our WR’s continue to struggle with separation. I think he completed 22 passes for almost 250 yards. 25 passes for over 300 yards is still pretty good considering the limitations around him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t diminish the pick 6. It was a poor decision for sure. He had at least 3 nice plays called back for ticky tack calls. The sieve that we call our OL makes it difficult to create big chunk plays & our WR’s continue to struggle with separation. I think he completed 22 passes for almost 250 yards. 25 passes for over 300 yards is still pretty good considering the limitations around him.

about 125 of that came in garbage time in the fourth quarter. and yes, today was ACTUAL garbage time, as opposed to the Lions game. And guess what... GOOD PLAYS COME BACK IN EVERY GAME. Players don't just GET those yards. For example, the only reason one of those nice plays he had to Kirk was because KIRK PUSHED OFF. Otherwise the "good play" doesn't happen. Same with another chunk play where we got called for HOLDING. If the hold doesn't happen, Kyler...

ah forget it. you're literally making things up to defend him at this point and you're probably going to label me a complainer, whiner or not real fan because i'm not coming up with imaginary stats and lauding completion percentage which accomplished pretty much nothing by netting us at a whopping 3 points with 10 minutes left in the game.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Yeah.... This was a bad one IMO. How can you keep a positive attitude on offense with that piece of turd emoji on defense.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I do wish you would stop with that. It gets tiring. What do you want them to do? Run it up the gut three times and punt? Is that what you would do? Or would you "try"? Not, I guess.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
about 125 of that came in garbage time in the fourth quarter. and yes, today was ACTUAL garbage time, as opposed to the Lions game. And guess what... GOOD PLAYS COME BACK IN EVERY GAME. Players don't just GET those yards. For example, the only reason one of those nice plays he had to Kirk was because KIRK PUSHED OFF. Otherwise the "good play" doesn't happen. Same with another chunk play where we got called for HOLDING. If the hold doesn't happen, Kyler...

ah forget it. you're literally making things up to defend him at this point and you're probably going to label me a complainer, whiner or not real fan because i'm not coming up with imaginary stats and lauding completion percentage which accomplished pretty much nothing by netting us at a whopping 3 points with 10 minutes left in the game.
Not sure I would call the TD drive garbage time, but last drive was the definition of garbage time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard