Kyler Murray (Possibly assaulted)

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Trash fan base
I’ve been with my best friend/former selection instructor for weeks now. He’s a big time Raider fan (grew up in OAK since birth in the early 60’s). He quipped some ish at me this week during breakfast (“raiders are gonna beat their ace”) but I couldn’t disagree.

I can’t say their fan base is trash- seahawk fans are some of the biggest DB’s… the raider org is a sister org of the cards IMO.

WhyOwhy

Reaction score
Look at the video in slow motion. He got smacked by the guy to the right of those 2 Raider fans. Looked like the guy was trying to pat him on the shoulder pad but accidentally smacked him in the face. He wasn't wearing either teams shirt from what I could see, and he looked excited like the other Cards fans over there. He even gave Kyler another pat on the shoulder when he confronted the Raider fans (the wrong guys).

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at the video in slow motion. He got smacked by the guy to the right of those 2 Raider fans. Looked like the guy was trying to pat him on the shoulder pad but accidentally smacked him in the face. He wasn't wearing either teams shirt from what I could see, and he looked excited like the other Cards fans over there. He even gave Kyler another pat on the shoulder when he confronted the Raider fans (the wrong guys).

Yeah... Looks like an accident by the guy in the grey shirt.

...dave

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah... Looks like an accident by the guy in the grey shirt.

...dave
He slapped him twice.

29 and 33 seconds. 2nd one was a side slap across.

You could badly make the case, well first was an accident trying to celebrate with him, but the 2nd one? He's guilty.

Of course Kyler is lucky that as a Raiders fan it wasn't a prison shank. This being a couple of slaps, we should keep things in perspective.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I’m not one to let people off from poor actions & choices from the law trust me. I hear ya but I just think taking this further takes away from Kylers focus on football for such a minor incident. If it was worse I’d understand so thank goodness it wasn’t.
I'm not saying for Kyler to dwell on this, just turn it over to the proper authorities and move on :raccoon:

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He slapped him twice.

29 and 33 seconds. 2nd one was a side slap across.

You could badly make the case, well first was an accident trying to celebrate with him, but the 2nd one? He's guilty.

Of course Kyler is lucky that as a Raiders fan it wasn't a prison shank. This being a couple of slaps, we should keep things in perspective.
I honestly can't tell... you may be 100% right, and that was my initial impression. I hate to give a Raiders fan the benefit of the doubt, and Murray obviously thought it was deliberate and he was right there. But everyone is kinda slapping Murray on the back or shoulder pads, and this guy is one row back so it looks kinda as though he couldn't reach far enough to slap him on the back/pads, so his slaps landed on Murray's face / head. At least it's close enough that if this goes to court or before a prosecutor, i suspect he'll be able to make that case for himself. :shrug:

...dave

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're going to run into the end zone at a Raiders game you should probably wear your helmet. Would have been a non-story.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Yeah, you can tell his buddy is a huge Cardinals fan. Do they sell those solid white t-shirts in the team shop? LOL
I was just saying he was celebrating with the guy in the Cardinals' jersey. I'm not sure of the guy in the grey shirt who struck him. Could have been accidental or...

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Was that Bickley?

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
That wasn't a slap, that could hurt or even kill someone a slug like that. Players will need to be aware going forward.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury told reporters Monday he hoped the fan is banned from NFL stadiums for life.

“I was just told about it,’’ Kingsbury said. “But I think that guy’s a lowlife, whoever did it, and I hope they arrest him, he gets fired and can never go to another game.’’

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine is in Vegas right now for a birthday vacation and she said it's all over the local news. So if they don't know who the guy is they probably will soon

The more I watch the video, the more ambiguous it gets. I think the guy was holding a drink in the other hand. I'd like to find out if there was intent to injure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose