Kyler Murray is named OROY

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Lol at the Murray fan boys getting on here being all proud like THEY accomplished something. While me, Shane, and BW get called out for having reservations about drafting him. Great job guys. YOU had a great year.

BTW, I happy for KM wining the award. He had a promising 1st year. I've always said I hope he turns out great.

But keep in mind, Vince Young and RG III both won OROY too. Baker Mayfield went from league MVP talk to questions about his future in the league. I'm not saying I hope/think Murray turns out like them but let's see if he continues to develop and not take a step back.

And to save Dvontel and Krang time, even though it has nothing to do with this, I realize Haskins didn't get a vote.

:)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol at the Murray fan boys getting on here being all proud like THEY accomplished something. While me, Shane, and BW get called out for having reservations about drafting him. Great job guys. YOU had a great year.

BTW, I happy for KM wining the award. He had a promising 1st year. I've always said I hope he turns out great.

But keep in mind, Vince Young and RG III both won OROY too. Baker Mayfield went from league MVP talk to questions about his future in the league. I'm not saying I hope/think Murray turns out like them but let's see if he continues to develop and not take a step back.

And to save Dvontel and Krang time, even though it has nothing to do with this, I realize Haskins didn't get a vote.
Every player has a reason for success or failure. A qb doesn’t forget how to read a defense, throw a football or take a snap from center.
RG had injuries.
Baker will now be in a new system for the third year in a row.
I’ll even throw Rosen in there with the terrible surroundings he’s been put in, to a certain degree.

Kyler has a couple of things that appear to have the arrow pointing up. A full year under his belt. Returning with the same system, the same coach and let’s assume an improved roster. How valuable is the fact that the entire offensive personnel also will be returning under the same system for the first time in 3 years.

I understand the naysayers. I really do. When you follow a team for years and years of total incompetency it’s easy to doubt anything good can happen. I choose to think the glass is half full and sitting under the faucet waiting to top it off.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Every player has a reason for success or failure. A qb doesn’t forget how to read a defense, throw a football or take a snap from center.
RG had injuries.
Baker will now be in a new system for the third year in a row.
I’ll even throw Rosen in there with the terrible surroundings he’s been put in, to a certain degree.

Kyler has a couple of things that appear to have the arrow pointing up. A full year under his belt. Returning with the same system, the same coach and let’s assume an improved roster. How valuable is the fact that the entire offensive personnel also will be returning under the same system for the first time in 3 years.

I understand the naysayers. I really do. When you follow a team for years and years of total incompetency it’s easy to doubt anything good can happen. I choose to think the glass is half full and sitting under the faucet waiting to top it off.

a fair and thoughtful comment.50 plus years of being a fan have made me skeptical.Hoping to be dispelled of doubts in the future.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Congrats Kyler! Best Cardinals 1st round draft pick since Fitzgerald. Unfortunately he was drafted a year after the worst Cardinals 1st round pick of all-time, and one of the biggest busts ever. Kyler is gonna get us a Super Bowl because like he said, he is dedicated to the game. He won a well deserved award yesterday, first of many coming his way.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
That's awesome, a big honor considering you can only win this ONCE in your whole career. As with every Cardinals team I've watched over the many years being a fan, I am cautiously optimistic about our future but more optimistic then not lol

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

This is how I feel too. Jameis Winston was rookie of the year. Mariota looked like he had a promising career. There's plenty of guys especially in recent memory who had one good year and now are finding themselves questioned by the fanbase.

You look back at the QBs picked in the 1st in the past ten years, and the jury is either out on whether they're the long term answer or the player is gone all with the exception of Stafford, Mahomes, and Watson. 3/33. That's scary low.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is how I feel too. Jameis Winston was rookie of the year. Mariota looked like he had a promising career. There's plenty of guys especially in recent memory who had one good year and now are finding themselves questioned by the fanbase.

You look back at the QBs picked in the 1st in the past ten years, and the jury is either out on whether they're the long term answer or the player is gone all with the exception of Stafford, Mahomes, and Watson. 3/33. That's scary low.
Winston almost derailed his own career along with changing head coaches and system. Mariotta now has been through coaching and system changes. There are reasons and you can include injuries.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
As Cardinal fans after disappointing season, after disappointing season we're accustomed to blindly hoping for improvement from our players and the team for the next season, even when actual game performance to date doesn't warrant it. Certainly, this applies to players such as Byron Murphy, Zach Allen, Andy Isabella, Hakeem Butler, the Thompson brothers, Lamont Gaillard, and Michael Dogbe.

But Kyler Murray is a different case. In his first year in the league he has already established himself as bonafide starting quarterback in the NFL. His statistics and game tape showed him to be at least a decent starting QB with the potential to be truly special. Will he become a franchise QB and reach stardom....who knows? But at least we have reason for optimism. As others have said, the glass is legitimately half full...maybe more.

Let's enjoy it. We've had some bad starting quarterbacks over the years and now we've got one with legitimate potential to be a top QB. I'm just thankful that we don't have to pin our hopes on the likes of these guys next year.

Gary Hogeboom
Steve Beuerlein
Jeff Blake
Josh McCown
Matt Leinart
Derek Anderson
Kevin Kolb
John Skelton
Mike Glennon
Blaine Gabbert
Drew Stanton

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's enjoy it. We've had some bad starting quarterbacks over the years and now we've got one with legitimate potential to be a top QB. I'm just thankful that we don't have to pin our hopes on the likes of these guys next year

Gary Hogeboom
Steve Beuerlein
Jeff Blake
Josh McCown
Matt Leinart
Derek Anderson
Kevin Kolb
John Skelton
Mike Glennon
Blaine Gabbert
Drew Stanton
U can add some names on the list

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
What were the Wins Above Replacement rankings for rookies? I’m guessing it was Murray/Minshew based on positional importance.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I didn't want to draft him either. I only make fun of those who still hold a grudge and act likes he's mediocre.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to draft him either. I only make fun of those who still hold a grudge and act likes he's mediocre.

right. so, you admit to being a troll. great form.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t even disrespect you & Shane by putting y’all in the same category as BW.

more trolling. talk football instead of other posters.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bw isn't impressed

literally, every post is about football until you decide to bash another member of the board.

you're a troll. (and later even admit to being such.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane, Cbus, and BW52 still thinks we should give Rosen a shot and this isn’t enough because this was a weak draft

this is trolling for no reason whatsoever.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also @cheesebeef, how about you actually talk football with us instead of improperly calling people trolls. I have a hunch if I look your recent post history regarding this section the past few months, it’s just going to be you going at other posters having little petty arguments.

Grow up, please.

Last time I will speak on this.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. According to that post I've missed a bunch of nonsense thanks to forum features

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA