Kyler Evolution

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I want to see Kyler run vertical, not horizontal.

On a 3rd and long, if there is nobody open, his quickness will allow him to run forward for a first down faster than any QB in the league.

The other part of that is that the OL needs to protect long enough for the receivers to pull the linebackers downfield. The line of scrimmage is too crowded right now.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We drafted the entire player and skill set...which includes his athleticism. Anytime you draft a player who is fast and athletic, you expect him to play fast and athletic. Just because he has other traits as well, doesn't mean you expect him to be any less fast and athletic. Again, this argument is revisionist history.

Totally agree. Kyler looks timid and scared out there. I think the speed of defenders surprises him and he isnt playing loose.

He is already a pretty good passer, but he needs to use his elite athletic ability as well.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Totally agree. Kyler looks timid and scared out there. I think the speed of defenders surprises him and he isnt playing loose.

He is already a pretty good passer, but he needs to use his elite athletic ability as well.

I think this will come in due time. It's exciting to watch a player develop.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anybody recall a time where Kyler had clear open path to take off and run. I don’t. There are times when the middle of the field opens up and the qb can take off running but I think defenses are very conscious of this. If the opportunity is there I think kyler will take off running.

Morty

Veteran
Reaction score
Can anybody recall a time where Kyler had clear open path to take off and run. I don’t. There are times when the middle of the field opens up and the qb can take off running but I think defenses are very conscious of this. If the opportunity is there I think kyler will take off running.
It's odd that running lanes haven't opened up. Has anyone noticed if the defenses are taking the run away from him?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler needs to stop running out of bounds for losses. Throw the freaking ball away.