Kirk’s injury at end of the game

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Adding insult to injury Christian Kirk injures his foot with seconds to go down by 17.

As if losing the game wasn’t bad enough. Hopefully Kirk won’t miss too many games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping it's nothing more than an ankle sprain. The way he went down worries me though.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nasty.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stayed in for a play and caught a pass but went down after.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Adding insult to injury Christian Kirk injures his foot with seconds to go down by 17.

As if losing the game wasn’t bad enough. Hopefully Kirk won’t miss too many games.

No worries, Isabella will save the day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

O-fer with him.... O-fer without him.

Hope he's ok, he was injured the play before, so kind of a head scratcher to leave him, when the game was obviously decided.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Kyler Murray. Welcome to what Josh Rosen faced: A horrible offensive line without Christian Kirk

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Because we havent gotten the obligatory "Cards are prepared for the worst after on-field tests ......." ***** and stories, here is my guess.

High Ankle sprain, 4-8 week timetable.

"Looked bad but could have been much worse. Cards are thankful"

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No update yet?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Well they could sign Crabtree or draft a speedster in the 2nd round to "take the top off the defense."

This again.

If D.Byrd is not fast enough, then we are looking at 3 or 4 guys in the league.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Christian Kirk hurt again?

Not surprised, he is not big enough to play on this league.

Par for the course on a roster built by Steve Keim.

How many years do we have to watch undersized WRs on our injury report and on IR before someone in this organization realizes that relying on this types of players just doesn't work

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pure hyperbole and not based on any type of reality many many many WRs smaller then Kirk have had long stellar careers in this league. Sometimes freak injuries occur and it’s nothing more then bad luck. The way he was twisted up had nothing to do with his size.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I'm reading it sounds like we signed a WR to the practice squad and aren't ruling out adding another WR to roster which seems to indicate Kirk is out for awhile. They said they will update the injury wed.

So my guess is we're going to see more 2 RB or 2 TE sets. Like I said yesterday I won't be surprised if we are playing DJ and Chase together more often, i think it's apparent if Byrd is still out we have Fitz, Johnson and Sherfield that they actually trust. Isabella will play in some sets and get more PT but I honestly think right now our 4th Wr is going to be David Johnson.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
From what I'm reading it sounds like we signed a WR to the practice squad and aren't ruling out adding another WR to roster which seems to indicate Kirk is out for awhile. They said they will update the injury wed.

So my guess is we're going to see more 2 RB or 2 TE sets. Like I said yesterday I won't be surprised if we are playing DJ and Chase together more often, i think it's apparent if Byrd is still out we have Fitz, Johnson and Sherfield that they actually trust. Isabella will play in some sets and get more PT but I honestly think right now our 4th Wr is going to be David Johnson.
This feels eerily like last year already. By game 6 Kyler is going to be throwing to whoever has cleats in their car at State Farm Stadium that day.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

How many years do we have to watch undersized WRs on our injury report and on IR before someone in this organization realizes that relying on this types of players just doesn't work

I disagree with the notion that he's not big enough to play in this league, but not even sure we can depend on him as a #2. Absolutely love him as our #3. No idea where Butler fits in, if he even does, but boy do we need a #1.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
How about Kirk trying to gut it out for at least one more play after the injury? Not sure it was wise, but you have to like it.

I'm with Shane in I think we should get the young guys on the field, especially Izzy. Let's see what we have in him. He should know the playbook right? I know he was injured early, but he's had some time to work with Murray now, and he's can get some good practice reps this week.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yea because 6’3+ players never ever get hurt.

Your logic of players getting short because they’re not as tall as a Small Foward is ridiculous. You’re much better than this.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Pure hyperbole and not based on any type of reality many many many WRs smaller then Kirk have had long stellar careers in this league. Sometimes freak injuries occur and it’s nothing more then bad luck. The way he was twisted up had nothing to do with his size.

Call pure hyperbole, yet the facts remain that this team has had injury issues with thier small recievers.

Is it pure happenstance?

Maybe.

But, the injury lists ftom the past aren't written up by me, thus your argument is against the past and those reports.

I thought Kirk got hurt last year, but I guess that was fake news.

Whatever, I guess I am the only one not surprised he is hurt already. I just expected it.

Last edited: