Kingsbury, The World’s Only 17 Point Offensive Genius

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Funny, but a couple of weeks ago the Bucs and Arians and Bowles were all but considered a shoe in to win the conference. Same coaches, just 3 weeks later.
Not sure where you’re going with that... but, if you’re suggesting we should be comparing Kliffy with Arians, I honestly can take anything you’re spewing seriously.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you’re going with that... but, if you’re suggesting we should be comparing Kliffy with Arians, I honestly can take anything you’re spewing seriously.
My point is it doesn’t all fall on the coaches yet many are blaming today’s loss on KK. We can point out about 5 plays today that if any happened we would have won this game. None of the five plays had anything to do with coaching.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Aaron Donald makes anyone look smart (Jeff Fisher excluded).
Donald won all 40 games for McVay? I’m confused by this comment. I’ll say it again. McVay has lost 19 in 3.5 seasons. In 1.5 KK has lost 15. Hell I’ll give you one better. In KK coaching career, college and pro (7.5 seasons 102 games coached)KK has only 46 wins to McVay’s 40 in 59 games:raccoon:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
To me the bottom line is if you take away exceptional effort plays by Murray, what has KK accomplished?

What? You have Murray and Hopkins on offense...what they are doing with the talent level is actually shocking. Drake is good but the system makes him better. Kliff certainly has some issues with game management but clearly not a mistake hire.

#2 in the NFL in yards/game
#8 in pts/game

17pt offensive genius huh?

You must be registered for see images attach

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
My point is it doesn’t all fall on the coaches yet many are blaming today’s loss on KK. We can point out about 5 plays today that if any happened we would have won this game. None of the five plays had anything to do with coaching.

There are plenty/most NFL talking heads who have been calling out Arians consistently over the past 3 weeks. Just this morning, the morning NFL pre-game shows the universally slammed Arians for his play-calling, specifically hammering him for getting away from using Ronald Jones...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What? You have Murray and Hopkins on offense...what they are doing with the talent level is actually shocking. Drake is good but the system makes him better. Kliff certainly has some issues with game management but clearly not a mistake hire.

#2 in the NFL in yards/game
#8 in pts/game

17pt offensive genius huh?

You must be registered for see images attach

it's "shocking" that an offense with generational talent at QB and one of the two best WRs in the game, and two solid RBs and an offensive line that has been pretty injury free is and a supposed genius Coaching them is... 8th in scoring? This offense has A LOT of talent on it. The idea that it's shocking that with all that they're only 8th in the league in points, in a year where a ton of points are being scored doesn't seem like all that much of an accomplishment and certainly not "shocking".

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kyler needs to develop as a passer. Kliff is 100% responsible for that happening.

I guess I looked at this as a much larger developmental project.

Year 1 was to be average on offense.

Year 2 to be better than year 1 on offense and average on defense.

Year 3 will be to win the close games we have previously lost and have Kyler take a huge leap as a passer.

My point is that I feel we are right where we should be.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler needs to develop as a passer. Kliff is 100% responsible for that happening.

I guess I looked at this as a much larger developmental project.

Year 1 was to be average on offense.

Year 2 to be better than year 1 on offense and average on defense.

Year 3 will be to win the close games we have previously lost and have Kyler take a huge leap as a passer.

My point is that I feel we are right where we should be.

What evidence in kliffs coaching career has he actually developed a qb?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The idea that it's shocking that with all that they're only 8th in the league in points, in a year where a ton of points are being scored doesn't seem like all that much of an accomplishment and certainly not "shocking".

24 teams have scored less. Remember...we were last in the NFL in 2018. Middle of the pack in 2019 and 8th in 2020. That is progress.

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
6-5 that's all that matters

It should be better.

That's the point.

And a lot of it is on the coaching staff.

Agreed on winning but we are headed in the right direction.

A lot may be on the coaches but they also put the players in positions to win. Kirk dropped a TD and the OL blew a couple of assignments on the goal line. That is on execution.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What evidence in kliffs coaching career has he actually developed a qb?
I don't understand where you are going with this.

He has only had one QB in the NFL so he obviously has not done so at the NFL level. Seems like a silly thing to point out.

He has had multiple QBs at the collegiate level who he has coached but I guess it depends on how much credit you want to give him in regards to their development.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't understand where you are going with this.

He has only had one QB in the NFL so he obviously has not done so at the NFL level. Seems like a silly thing to point out.

He has had multiple QBs at the collegiate level who he has coached but I guess it depends on how much credit you want to give him in regards to their development.

That's the whole point. There is nothing in his previous track record that paints him anything other than a midling below average college coach

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's no shame being outcoached by Belichick and I totally agree with the decision to protect Kyler by not running more, he's literally the whole season if he can't play.

But just too many inconsistencies.

I have to say today was also bad luck, we got a break on the punt return call. NFL refs are too reliant on replay in the redzone now both of those runs by Drake the first drive and the one before the half, those would have been TD's even 2 years ago but now refs if you're not dancing in the endzone, they often wait and we got totally unlucky because the replay you can't see the ball.

I don't care what anybody says that call on Simmons was a terrible call, the QB is not protected there he's outside the pocket, Simmons is trying to stop him from getting a first down and he hit him inbounds, legally, he didn't lead with the helmet the contact if any was on follow through which isn't a penalty. Pereira was real clear on that if you saw him later on when they had him on FOX at half of the 2nd game, he said he thought it was a bad call all around inbounds, not excessive and led with the shoulder not the head. that 15 yards was huge, maybe they get the FG anyways but that was huge.

And as everyone on the gameday thread said, Kliff please don't play for the FG again, he did, and it cost us a game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
24 teams have scored less. Remember...we were last in the NFL in 2018. Middle of the pack in 2019 and 8th in 2020. That is progress.

never said it wasn’t progress. But it sure as hell isn’t “shocking” we are where we are. This is what was promised to us. So far we’re an above average offense. With a lot of offensive weapons and good health.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The guy had a losing record in college with Mahomes as his QB and we still hired him anyways. lol

This in spades! I know there were a lot of excuses made for him like he couldn't compete with other colleges for recruits, he didn't have a defense, he didn't have this or that. Well I doubt Matt Rhule have anything more than Kingsbury at Temple and Baylor yet he was able to turn those programs into a 10+ games won season in two years. Kingsbury couldn't do it in six years. I think Keim and Bidwill thought they had a McVay clone when they hired Kingsbury as a offensive wunderkind. What they never took into consideration is the coaches McVay learned under in his rise to HC, Jon and Jay Gruden, and Mike Shanahan and his learning came at the NFL level for nine years, not college.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This thread is horrendous....a last second FG loss has you all jumping off the ship. Just remember a few short years ago you had Wilks and Bradford. Life is good right now lol just wow some of the stuff posted

This is just silly. We've been playing poorly for over a month. We are a hail mary away from 4 losses in a row. There is reason to be upset. Yes...the games have been close, but they have mostly been loses and have all been sloppy.

The entire reason we cleaned house is to go in the complete opposite direction of Wilkes and Bradford. We want to actually win games, not just play close games and lose.

Im all for patience, but we should start seeing some of the fixable stuff actually get fixed.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is just silly. We've been playing poorly for over a month. We are a hail mary away from 4 losses in a row. There is reason to be upset. Yes...the games have been close, but they have mostly been loses and have all been sloppy.

The entire reason we cleaned house is to go in the complete opposite direction of Wilkes and Bradford. We want to actually win games, not just play close games and lose.

Im all for patience, but we should start seeing some of the fixable stuff actually get fixed.
Same exact posts after Detroit and Carolina....same stuff. We all saw how that turned out. Injuries have destroyed us. Missed FGs have destroyed us. You all act like we have Skelton and Whizz leading us. Rams dont scare me one bit. We can play with anyone

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yup. If you can't be semi critical of THIS team even after a close loss or win then you ain't paying attention..imo. They have the most flaws of any highly touted team I can remember.. especially with the amount of penalties they accumulate.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Same exact posts after Detroit and Carolina....same stuff. We all saw how that turned out. Injuries have destroyed us. Missed FGs have destroyed us. You all act like we have Skelton and Whizz leading us. Rams dont scare me one bit. We can play with anyone
Yes...and we can also lose to almost anyone.. equalling a close to a .500 ball club. The wins are in the details and this team doesn't do a good enough job of perfecting those, imo...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And as everyone on the gameday thread said, Kliff please don't play for the FG again, he did, and it cost us a game.
I’m convinced he can do nothing else. It’s his M O. It’s his DNA. He will forever be known to me now as LMFGK. Long missed field goal kliff. It’s what he’s proven to do most consistently.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This thread is horrendous....a last second FG loss has you all jumping off the ship. Just remember a few short years ago you had Wilks and Bradford. Life is good right now lol just wow some of the stuff posted
Losing 3 of 4 (and likely should’ve lost the four) will do that to you. Particularly when you continue to lose for the same reasons. If you’re not unhappy at this juncture somethings wrong with you as a sports fan.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard