Kingdom of Heaven

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else roll their eyes at the movies symbolism at the end of the movie regarding the "Queen of Jerusalem." The concentration camp haircut was over the top on the imagery scale.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
Anyone else roll their eyes at the movies symbolism at the end of the movie regarding the "Queen of Jerusalem." The concentration camp haircut was over the top on the imagery scale.

yeah - this had stupid parts all around:

The dude who got shot through the throat in the beginning and still fought for several minutes, blooms charater shows up to his fathers land who has been without water for decades and happens to find water within 5 minutes, why was the next king dude in messina when his wife and army was in jerusalem, the new kings army marching across the desert without any water and soldiers falling off horses, etc.

I went in expecting a movie along the lines of Battleship Earth, so this was better than that at least.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
jkf296 said:
The dude who got shot through the throat in the beginning and still fought for several minutes, blooms charater shows up to his fathers land who has been without water for decades and happens to find water within 5 minutes,

LOL, it's called passage of time. 5 minutes... :biglaugh:

DS

Ladies Man
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
LOL, it's called passage of time. 5 minutes... :biglaugh:

Why is this 'biglaugh'?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
jkf296 said:
yeah - this had stupid parts all around:

The dude who got shot through the throat in the beginning and still fought for several minutes, blooms charater shows up to his fathers land who has been without water for decades and happens to find water within 5 minutes, why was the next king dude in messina when his wife and army was in jerusalem, the new kings army marching across the desert without any water and soldiers falling off horses, etc.

I went in expecting a movie along the lines of Battleship Earth, so this was better than that at least.

You think the whole marching across the desert without any water with soldiers falling off horses is stupid? Well, it was stupid as well when it actually happened. No joke! They didn't have enough water for the march, and Saladin had drained all the water holes. Instead of retreating back to their stronghold, the idiotic Christians pressed on, with men dying as they went, and were slaughtered.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Because it was 5 minutes of screen time. Just a funny way of putting it.

I am glad I did not have to watch him struggle finding water for 20 more minutes.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
You think the whole marching across the desert without any water with soldiers falling off horses is stupid? Well, it was stupid as well when it actually happened. No joke! They didn't have enough water for the march, and Saladin had drained all the water holes. Instead of retreating back to their stronghold, the idiotic Christians pressed on, with men dying as they went, and were slaughtered.

I thought this was just Hollywood-ization to show the stupidty of the new king.

Last edited:

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
I am glad I did not have to watch him struggle finding water for 20 more minutes.

LOL - so it may have been a couple of days. His father toiled for years to find water, but he just happens to get it - seemed kinda hokey to me.

Also, the passgae of time in the movie was done badly. Like when they sailed from Messina and got shipwrecked and then had to travel over land to Jerusalem, it would have helped to do one of those cartoon maps which shows the boat / land route which they took. It would have showed that probaly several months had passed rather than the time it takes to go to 7-11 and back.

As far as the water issue - it showed Bloom coming to his fathers' land and looking out upon the acres and then the next scene it shows the water. How long passed, 2 hours, 2 days, 2 months, 2 years? It was poor time explaining.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, now I remember. I got the impression that, before Bloom came, no one had thought, "What we need is a well or two." Good point.

I like the idea of the map like in Indiana Jones.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't like the map idea. It makes the movie too "light-hearted". Not that they are comparable, but Lawrence of Arabia did a great job of showing, over only a few minutes, a couple VERY long journeys.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose a map might have taken away from the catchy line about "keep going until they speak Italian and then keep going until they speak something else." Hahaha, I laughed for seconds on that one.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
I suppose a map might have taken away from the catchy line about "keep going until they speak Italian and then keep going until they speak something else." Hahaha, I laughed for seconds on that one.

Actually, that was a pretty good line. The best line in a script full of bad ones.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Actually, that was a pretty good line. The best line in a script full of bad ones.

Pretty good line when Liam used it. Using it again was questionable. But I liked the movie so I am just nitpicking to pass the time at work. :)

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
Nope. The stupidity is actually part of the real story :D

:biglaugh:

Like I said, I enjoyed the movie because I was expecting a total flop and was pleasantly surprised it wasn't.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
jkf is officially my new wingman.

Holy Crap!

Coffee all over keyboard!

I dunno, that chick has bedroom eyes, maybe that's why I was smitten for her.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Just went to see it at the cheap thater. Didn't want to pay 9 bucks for a movie:)

A few things overdone in the move were:

1.The staring/glaring:

The lead girl had hardly any lines she just had stank face half the movie:)

the funniest part of the movie was when he bad king did his little stare at Orlando. It reminded me of some fights in high school.

2. The Slow Motion:
Did anyone else notice this? It seemed live every few seconds was in slow motion. I guess i've watched too many Mystery Science Theater 3000's becuase every time they se a movie in slow mo, they make the words slow too and make fun of it:)

Also the leper kings face was sick, and the vultures flying over the bodies after the people died of thirst was pretty nasty. I can't imagine how bad it must have been to walk up to that.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I just watched it. I really like epic movies, but I thought this was boring. Like someone said earlier, the costumes and sets were cool, but the actual story was lackluster.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor, stay away from the theatrical cut, the director's cut is MUCH better, and actually makes it a very good film.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player