Ketel Marte could be out for the rest of the season.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ketel Marte, who underwent an MRI exam on Wednesday on his lower back, seemed to suggest his breakout season for the Diamondbacks might have come to an end.

“The decision isn’t really up to me, but the objective isn’t to make things worse,” Marte said, speaking through interpreter Martin Bater. “There’s only nine games left in the year. Of course, the confidence is there to be able to come back, but the main objective is to be careful and not re-aggravate it.”

Marte said the MRI showed inflammation in his lower back/hip area. Manager Torey Lovullo said Marte would undergo a CT scan on Thursday to “thoroughly investigate the area.” Marte said he hopes that test will determine the cause of the inflammation.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...rte-could-done-season-back-injury/2370430001/

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hall: D-backs’ synthetic turf not an issue after Ketel Marte injury
The Arizona Diamondbacks made the decision this past offseason to switch to synthetic turf from natural grass.

The feedback since then seems to be mixed.

Most recently, Diamondbacks shortstop and center fielder Ketel Marte said Wednesday after suffering a back injury that his injury may have had to do with the turf. Then, he walked it back.

“It’s actually been something that has been bothering me for the past two months,” Marte initially said through a team interpreter. “The artificial turf took a toll on me and I just been dealing with for the past couple months. And then once I hit that double and I scored running the bases, then that’s when I was like, ‘No more.’”
https://arizonasports.com/story/208...c-turf-not-an-issue-after-ketel-marte-injury/

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Definitely better to let it heal for next season.

Although Ketel will be high in MVP consideration, he's not
in the top-2 group.

He's our MVP, with Escobar #2.

If Marte had been put in the #3 spot in the batting order
and left there, when his power was discovered, he'd most
likely be right up there with Escobar in RBI's.

And the D-backs could have been in the post-season.

Bob Brenly mentioned that it would have felt good if
Ketel had one more triple for another double digit stat.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Diamondbacks asking questions, seeking solutions as Ketel Marte’s season ends
SAN DIEGO – Diamondbacks center fielder Ketel Marte has a stress reaction in his back, General Manager Mike Hazen said, an injury that will bring an early end to Marte’s monster season and will prompt the club to investigate reasons why the issue occurred, including looking at the impact of Chase Field’s new artificial surface.

Hazen said the team expects Marte to make a full recovery by resting through the early portion of the offseason, adding that Marte should be ready to go for the start of spring training.

Marte missed small pockets of time with a variety of ailments over the past few months – a groin issue in June, lower back tightness and hamstring discomfort in August – and Hazen said the club felt the injuries were “all interrelated in some way, shape or form.” Marte exited Tuesday’s game after the fifth inning with more lower back stiffness.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...s-questions/2393256001/?cid=twitter_azcsports

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson