Tae Hayes ""
"

Keim on trade line like..
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
Its definitely an unproven group. I think Alford could be a pleasant surprise IF he can make onto the field for Week 1. What I do like about the defense is its getting younger and faster. If our offense can avg 25pts a game all we need is a decent defense to be a playoff team!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Murphy is our 3rd CB and he was the 53rd best CB last year, then that's a good thing, right? And Butler gave up 5 TDs on a 127 targets (3.9%), while Patrick Peterson gave up 5 TDs on 79 targets (6.3%) last year.

Alford is thr question mark here. I'd rather have a vet number 2 and just move on from him. He gave up 8 TDs on 79 targets (10.1%) in his last season played in 2018.

Murphy gave up 2 TDs on 81 targets (2.4%).

Hopefully one of the rookies will step up since it'd looking doubtful well add anyone new at CB at this point. I think we still a vet TE and DL.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Its definitely an unproven group. I think Alford could be a pleasant surprise IF he can make onto the field for Week 1. What I do like about the defense is its getting younger and faster. If our offense can avg 25pts a game all we need is a decent defense to be a playoff team!

We scored 25.6 ppg last year and missed the playoffs. We allowed 22.9 ppg.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still have a sneaky suspicion that they plan to move Murphy outside and Murphy probably wants to move outside, that's where the money is in a contract year.

Keim can be dumb, but I don't think he's "Put all my eggs in the Alford basket" dumb. I think Murphy and Butler play outside with whoever is left in the slot, hell maybe Alford in the slot. Might suit him better at this stage.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team isn't going to get far with this CB class unless there is a surprise on the team. We would live or die based on pressure on the QB. If the corners on this team can hold their own, coverage sacks could be a regular result with this crew.

I have a sneaking suspicion this is going to be a huge problem all season long.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i have:

Butler at #15 per PFF ranking
Murphy at #48 per PFF

that last CB slot and depth tho.............

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
We scored 25.6 ppg last year and missed the playoffs. We allowed 22.9 ppg.
Wow I was just guessing the 25pts a game thing LOL, I stand by the above as we beat ourselves (missed FG's, etc) more then being beaten. Those same stats again this season should result in a few more wins and a playoff berth.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
I am willing to give Butler the benefit of the doubt due to Tennesses non existing pass rush, opposing qbs had all the time in the world.

Murphy is at least a decent slot cb.

But we neither have a real starter at cb2 or if Murphy is supposed to start there, we do not exactly have an alternative slot cb.

Even counting the rookies, we have next to no depth at the position. Its scary.

A very good pass rush can create pressure a third of all qb snaps and can be beaten by quick outlets. But what do we do the rest of the time when we cannot create pressure? Right, opposing QBs will be able to dissect our coverage.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team isn't going to get far with this CB class unless there is a surprise on the team. We would live or die based on pressure on the QB. If the corners on this team can hold their own, coverage sacks could be a regular result with this crew.

I have a sneaking suspicion this is going to be a huge problem all season long.

Cardinals definitely need a surprise and some luck at cornerback. I keep thinking Keim will bring in someone more proven than what we have.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Between the age on th dline, inexperience at ILBers, lack of talent at CB, a ho him DC : If You think it will be better than top 18 defense, then you are falling for propaganda from 98.7.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Between the age on th dline, inexperience at ILBers, lack of talent at CB, a ho him DC : If You think it will be better than top 18 defense, then you are falling for propaganda from 98.7.

We were better than 18th last season. 10th in DVOA.

The good news is that our DL isn't that old after Watt, and ILB is one of the positions most likely to feature high performers early in their careers.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

We were better than 18th last season. 10th in DVOA.

The good news is that our DL isn't that old after Watt, and ILB is one of the positions most likely to feature high performers early in their careers.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I still have a sneaky suspicion that they plan to move Murphy outside and Murphy probably wants to move outside, that's where the money is in a contract year.

Keim can be dumb, but I don't think he's "Put all my eggs in the Alford basket" dumb. I think Murphy and Butler play outside with whoever is left in the slot, hell maybe Alford in the slot. Might suit him better at this stage.

Also thinking that our extra DB's in nickel and dime may come from our Safety group.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Take a moment to check out the actual age of our 'D' line, if you think that's relevant to productivity.

I can live with the natural talent of our ILB's and have to work at imagining our present CB's doing worst than last season's.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow I was just guessing the 25pts a game thing LOL, I stand by the above as we beat ourselves (missed FG's, etc) more then being beaten. Those same stats again this season should result in a few more wins and a playoff berth.

I will go further, only us and the Dolphins were teams with a positive point differential that didn't make the playoffs. The Dolphins ended with 10 wins though.

Cleveland looks like a huge regression candidate. -11 point differential yet somehow 11 wins

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Take a moment to check out the actual age of our 'D' line, if you think that's relevant to productivity.

I can live with the natural talent of our ILB's and have to work at imaging our present CB's doing worst than last season's.
I am including Watt, Jones and Golden as part of dline as they play close to it. They are all 30+. All three have their production dip in some form or other.

Rest of the dline is nothing to write home either.

Defense or offense can withstand one weak group. I see three groups on defense being some what of a question mark to terrible (CBs). I don't see how they will be better than 18th in league. The quality of QBs in this season (wo injuries) is tough sledding.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I am including Watt, Jones and Golden as part of dline as they play close to it. They are all 30+. All three have their production dip in some form or other.

Defense or offense can withstand one weak group. I see three groups on defense being some what of a question mark to terrible (CBs). I don't see how they will be better than 18th in league. The quality of QBs in this season (wo injuries) is tough sledding.

Except...every level of the defense has improved from the 10th ranked group in the NFL.

JJ Watt had as many pressures as the top three Cardinals DL combined last year.

And if you think Hicks wasnt a flat out embarrassment and easily upgraded from, I don't know what to tell you.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Name the 17 better going into the season.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I get it. Talent wise Collins and Simmons are an upgrade. What is the worth of losing a few winnable games early in the season coz of inexperience?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson