Keep Reddick

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Whether TT is too much for Redick depends solely on what other players we forego by giving it to him. If we lose out on Linsley and Hilton then okay. If those guys aren’t coming here regardless then give it to him.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Isn’t the 9th the tag deadline? We’ll know soon enough.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that it matters anymore but Hassan had his Panthers debut with 1.5 sacks. Doesn’t look like he’s gonna fizzle out like many here said he would. But it’s early. Happy for the kid.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not that it matters anymore but Hassan had his Panthers debut with 1.5 sacks. Doesn’t look like he’s gonna fizzle out like many here said he would. But it’s early. Happy for the kid.

I hope he does well but

Jones, Collins, Simmons, Golden

look like a pretty damn good group

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imagine if Reddick was kept & once Gardeck return from injury
Jesus Christ
You’d be talking about an 85 Bears level pass rush.

As is, this group looks like they can be elite if they stay healthy. I was just dying to see if they could be All-Timers.

shelling out 6 million still to Kennard in that group instead of paying Reddick will always be the biggest mystery to me.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You’d be talking about an 85 Bears level pass rush.

As is, this group looks like they can be elite if they stay healthy. I was just dying to see if they could be All-Timers.

shelling out 6 million still to Kennard in that group instead of paying Reddick will always be the biggest mystery to me.

It takes two. His agent and him probably thought they were going to make a lot more

Reddick isn’t that big of a difference maker to make any pass rush 85 Bears level.

his production for 3 years and 15 games was average at best. His absolute best year is pretty much Goldens best year stat

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It takes two. His agent and him probably thought they were going to make a lot more

Reddick isn’t that big of a difference maker to make any pass rush 85 Bears level.

his production for 3 years and 15 games was average at best. His absolute best year is pretty much Goldens best year stat
Despite having a totally different skillset
And even if i love golden attitude Reddick has the quickness to be a real difference maker
He hasn't been put in a situation to play at his best since he wzs drafted, jst in his last season in Arizona

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Despite having a totally different skillset
And even if i love golden attitude Reddick has the quickness to be a real difference maker
He hasn't put in condition to play effectively since he wzs drafted, jst in his last season in Arizona

3 years and 15 games out of 4 NFL seasons and he was average at best. That’s a big sample size. Even his “breakout” year literally half his stats for the entire year came in 1 game.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It takes effort to be this oblivious.

in a league where pass rushers are at a premium the fact he got so little on the open market let’s you know what the entire NFL thought of him

ooooh but he was playing out of position and had never in those years got a chance to play where is now right....nope wrong again he had plenty of chances.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
in a league where pass rushers are at a premium the fact he got so little on the open market let’s you know what the entire NFL thought of him

ooooh but he was playing out of position and had never in those years got a chance to play where is now right....nope wrong again he had plenty of chances.
I guess we’ll see, right? 1.5 sacks to start the season seems like he’s picking up where he left off right now, no?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess we’ll see, right? 1.5 sacks to start the season seems like he’s picking up where he left off right now, no?
Reddick is a legit player. I think everyone would have loved it if we could have kept him. I do believe the Cardinals truly wanted him back. He went to Carolina to be reunited with his college HC at Temple. He has always credited him for the player he became in college. I expect Reddick to continue to be very effective.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did Kennard play yesterday? Don't recall seeing him once.

he got a hit on the QB late but didn't play much.

One thing I really noticed was it seemed we blitzed less. As the game went on we blitzed more but first half we were getting pressure with 4 guys pretty consistently. As the announcers said they started keeping a TE or back in to chip Jones and then we started bringing an extra guy.

Maybe I missed it but I don't recally Budda flying up and blitzing very often at all, when he did they were run blitzes.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
he got a hit on the QB late but didn't play much.

One thing I really noticed was it seemed we blitzed less. As the game went on we blitzed more but first half we were getting pressure with 4 guys pretty consistently. As the announcers said they started keeping a TE or back in to chip Jones and then we started bringing an extra guy.

Maybe I missed it but I don't recally Budda flying up and blitzing very often at all, when he did they were run blitzes.

Another good point. I noticed the same. In fact I'm not sure we blitzed a safety or CB once, which is rare for Vance. I think maybe Simmons or Collins had the odd one. But this might also be a product of having a comfortable lead the whole game.

I thought the D line was our strongest room and so far it has been. Hopefully it continues.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Reddick now #2 in NFL in sacks.

Imagine him opposite Chandler with the current D. Methinks they'd both have more sacks then they do now.

It would also have freed up JJ Watt.

Then they would've looked like the 1983 Cardinals —and likely exceeded—- when Greer, Baker and Galloway combined for 41 sacks.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Imagine him opposite Chandler with the current D. Methinks they'd both have more sacks then they do now.

Then they would've looked like the 1983 Cardinals —and likely exceeded—- when Greer, Baker and Galloway combined for 41 sacks.
Remember that well... I know he's recovering and not off the DL directly but Gardeck needs to get some of that juice

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Keep in mind the Panthers are using Reddick as a 4-3 off-ball LB which is different than how we were using him. That isn't to say he wouldn't have been successful but he went to a coach who knew exactly how to use him and put him in a position where his size isn't as much of a liability on the edge.

Not shocking that this is the same coach who was able to get immediate contributions from Jeremy Chinn who was a similarly position-less player out of college like Simmons. Some coaches are better teachers than others. Some coaches are able to adjust their scheme to fit players into positions to be more successful than others. Rhule and his DC are obviously better at this than Vance.